1st timer becomes a 2nd timer! Two trip reports collide! Trip Reports Complete!

That's cool you got to see a SW meet and greet.

I wonder how Bert and Mary Poppins feel dancing on a rainy did. Not so Chip I guess.

Paula, I think I'm going to add a link to your TR in our Halloween Time Superthread. In the first post of that thread, I have sections for both Halloween-related blogs and also Halloween-related trip reports. (I did the same thing in the Christmas Superthread.) I don't want to list 100 of them because that's too much, but I am choosing a handful of TR's with either really good photos or info (or both) on the season, and I think yours would be a great addition. You have absolutely adorable character photos and some great shots from the Halloween Round-Up, especially, so I'm sure people will want to see those. Plus, the Halloween TR's are not as abundant as the Christmas TR's, so I definitely need to add a few more!

In any case, I had popped in on this thread a while ago but had not had a chance to come back to it and comment until now.:goodvibes Great job!

That's cool you got to see a SW meet and greet.

I wonder how Bert and Mary Poppins feel dancing on a rainy did. Not so Chip I guess.

Yeah... I don't think Mary Poppins was very happy about it... The Star Wars Meet & Greet was awesome... Something I'm sure I won't get to do again so I took advantage!

Paula, I think I'm going to add a link to your TR in our Halloween Time Superthread. In the first post of that thread, I have sections for both Halloween-related blogs and also Halloween-related trip reports. (I did the same thing in the Christmas Superthread.) I don't want to list 100 of them because that's too much, but I am choosing a handful of TR's with either really good photos or info (or both) on the season, and I think yours would be a great addition. You have absolutely adorable character photos and some great shots from the Halloween Round-Up, especially, so I'm sure people will want to see those. Plus, the Halloween TR's are not as abundant as the Christmas TR's, so I definitely need to add a few more!

In any case, I had popped in on this thread a while ago but had not had a chance to come back to it and comment until now.:goodvibes Great job!

Thanks Sherry! I visited the Halloween & Christmas threads a lot when I was planning my trip but haven't had a chance to go back to them in a long time. I'll be adding my Early December trip to this trip report as well when I get done with the Halloween portion!

Thanks Sherry! I visited the Halloween & Christmas threads a lot when I was planning my trip but haven't had a chance to go back to them in a long time. I'll be adding my Early December trip to this trip report as well when I get done with the Halloween portion!

Awesome! When you get the Christmas TR going and have done a few posts on it, let me know and I will add that in over in the TR section of the Christmas thread too. I have a feeling you'll have lots more good photos!

When the Christmas and Halloween threads started, I didn't have any of the stuff in the first posts/first pages like I do now. It was only after the fact that I added in everything, like the sections for TR's and other stuff, which I think is good to have for people who are planning trips and want to read about other people's holiday experiences.

Anyway, I am gong over to the Halloween thread now to add in your TR link!:cool1::cool1:

After the Star Wars Meet & Greet I decided it was time to take another turn in DCA so I headed that direction. Before I could reach the DL exit however I came across this group. I don't think they were the Dapper Dans or the DL band but I'm not sure.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

On the way out of DL I snapped this picture of the wet ground to prove it was raining when I was there.
ry%3D400

The rain was actually not bad. Just enough to keep your feet wet. (I was wearing flip flops)

Then is was off to DCA were I took a ride on Soarin'. What an awesome ride! I used the single rider line and didn't have but a few minute wait.

Then I headed round the bend and came upon Pilot Minnie!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Then it was back to Paradise Pier. On the way there I stopped to meet Duffy.
ry%3D400

And then to my FAVORITE RIDE!
California Screamin! And screamin I did with what little voice I had left at that time!

I rode it.. not once... not twice... not three times... not even four but FIVE times! :cool1:
I of course rode it single rider line. After my second turn through I asked for a couple of single rider cards. They at first said they could only give me one at a time but I must have looked kinda pitiful so he finally gave me a couple.

I have pics of three of the rides. The other 2 times I just went straight back in line so I didn't take the time for the pictures. :rotfl:
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Finally after the 5th time in 40 minutes I called an end to my California Screamin time.

But not all my screamin for then I was off for a terrifying ride in the Tower of Terror! Nobody else had wanted to do it with me so I did it on my day alone.
ry%3D400

Can you see my death grip on the side bars?!?

Tower of Terror is frightening but also fun at the same time! Definitely something to do again on a future visit. Maybe sometime I will find someone to ride it with me!

After my trip on the ToT it was back to DL I went.

And it was time for some more Pictures of the castle. I like the lighting on these... (although my camera doesn't DO night pictures very well so they are slightly blurry)
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

And some random pictures near Rancho de Zocolo
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I then headed back over to the Haunted Mansion where I rode it this time using a FP I must have picked up when I was in that area earlier in the day.

The wait for HMH was actually far longer than any all day. And to make matters worse it should not have been. So I am standing there snapping pictures and wondering why we aren't moving and my throat is aching and I am hungry since I haven't eaten since Minnie's Breakfast and its now like 7pm. Finally a CM comes out of the HMH and says a little speall about looking up at the building and you hear Jacks voice tell you a little story and then finally they start loading the stretching rooms! '

Here are some of the Pics I snapped while waiting.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

After I rode HMH I was hoping to grab something quick to eat however since the wait for HMH was so long everything was pretty much closed up already. I was upset at first but then realized it was probably okay since I couldn't taste anything anyways.

Next I decided to catch one last ride and hopped into the line for the Jungle Cruise. I hadn't rode it at night time before so wanted to give it a shot. I thought the line would move pretty quickly but it turns out they only had 2 boats left so it was pretty slow moving. Finally I got my turn but it was with the worst driver I had ever heard! He kept laughing weird at his own jokes! :sad2:

Then it was over and I had finished my last ride of my first trip to Disneyland. I snapped one last picture of the castle and then headed out of the park.

ry%3D400

I was not quite done with my trip though as the following day I was to fly to WI to spend time with my family and I wanted to get my neice and nephew a few things. I got my nephew some Cars items and my neice some Princess stuff! They both loved what I picked out!

After I was done shopping I headed to La Brea and got myself some Chicken Noodle Soup Mmmm... It was pretty late by now so I was just very thankful they were open and they had some hot soup for my throat!

Now it was time to head back to my room to pack and get ready for my flight to WI!

ry%3D400

Thank you for following along with me on my first adventure to Disneyland! I had a great time!

I was gonna get started on my 2nd trip report today but silly me didn't upload all my pics so I'll be doing that and working on the trip report later this week.

It's nice to know when one TR ended, you have another for us. :)

Loved your TR! I think I was there around the same time as you were, so it's neat to see it from your perspective!
Looking forward to the next one :)

Loved your TR! I think I was there around the same time as you were, so it's neat to see it from your perspective!
Looking forward to the next one :)

Glad you enjoyed it!

The first 4 days I was there were very busy and crowded. The last day I felt like I was in a different place there were so many fewer people it was strange. I really wish I hadn't developed a cold or I would have probably enjoyed the day even more!

Trip #2 coming up!!

Are you all ready to join me on my trip #2 adventure!

This trip was planned to be entirely solo except for Sara joining me for a few hours after work one night.

What I discovered about going it the solo route is... it is very easy to weasel yourself into a small spot and end up close to the front of many different places! The next thing... it can get kinda boring being by yourself for almost 5 days.

The thoughts to go on this trip began before I even went on my first trip. When I saw the prices for park tickets vs the price I could get an AP for from my work I realized an AP was the way to go!

This was also going to be a budget trip. I planned to spend only about $450 for the entire trip!
I came pretty close to this!
Gas: $100
Hotel: $210
Food: $105
Misc: $60 (lockers, ART...)

I had made hotel reservations at the same place I had stayed the time before. This time though I had decided I was going to use ART as I didn't want to do that walk at the end of the night.

The motel is the Quality Inn & Suites on Manchester. It is definitely nothing to rave about but I slept decently (after the first nap I tried to take) and the breakfast is enough for me to get my day started.

This trip began Nov 29th and ended December 3rd.

I actually worked night shift on November 29th getting off of work at 7:30am. Everyone thought I was crazy but my plan was to drive from work to Disneyland. I had packed the day before and everything was in the car ready to go!

I am able to sleep just about anywhere so I figured if I got too tired I would just pull over someplace and take a quick nap.

I had never taken this drive before and was kinda nervous about it. I stopped in Gilroy off the 152 at Panera Bread to get my favorite salad to have when I got hungry. (Do you know how hard it is to eat a salad while driving?)

In Lost Hills I stopped for gas and a LARGE Diet Dr Pepper. I then continued my drive. I had thought I would be at Disneyland not too long after passing through the grapevine but it was a lot longer than I thought it was!

I finally saw the Exit I needed! I pulled off the freeway onto Harbor Blvd. Turned left onto Manchester and then into the Quality Inn parking lot. I was never so glad to be somewhere (well except for those morning that I almost fall asleep while driving home!)

I quickly checked into my room which thankfully was ready! I got my suitcase in the room. Turned on the air conditioner (I like to sleep in a cold room!) layed down and attempted to take a nap. I set my alarm as I was wanting to go to DL for the fireworks that night. After a couple of hours I got up and got ready.

I had bought a new bag to use as my park bag.
It is a waist bag but more stylish than a traditional waist bag. I really liked it!
144573_3_1

So after I was all bundled up (It was chilly outside!) I headed out. My first stop was HoJo as I wanted to buy a 5-day ART pass. I soon learned that HoJo can only sell to those staying at the hotel :confused: So instead of taking ART to DL I headed off on foot.

ry%3D400

I had arrived!!

When I got to DL I stopped by the ART kiosk to buy my ticket. Unfortunalty they only sell the 1 or 3 day in the kiosk so I had to settle for the 3 day.

Finally I was inside Disneyland!

My camera does not take very good night pictures but I had to try!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

So BEAUTIFUL!
ry%3D400

The fireworks were wonderful and the hub was not overly crowded either. I believe I used my flip to video it but I will have to find it...

After the fireworks I wanted to catch at least one ride so I headed to Pirates of the Caribbean. It was a completed random choice! I walked directly onto the ride. It would have been perfect except... the people behind me talked the ENTIRE ride! And mostly it wasn't even about the ride! They talked about politics and movies and why be on the ride if you are going to talk the whole way!

So I got off the ride completely dissapointed! It was past 8pm so all the rides were closed and the only one I had experienced that night was ruined! Oh well... I had 3 more full days to enjoy!

I snapped a few more pictures...

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

No flash...
ry%3D400

With flash...
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I decided picture time was over and it was time to get some real sleep so I headed back to my motel.

I was really dissapointed when I got there to find my room was warm! I had left my A/C running and it should have been cold. I called the front desk and they sent someone to my room to check it out. They said it was blowing cold air. I said no its not. It's colder outside! In the end they said they could switch out the AC unit or I could switch rooms. I said switching rooms was fine so I moved 2 doors down and by the time I got settled that room was cool just like I wanted!

Off to la-la land I went!!!

I think you take nice night time pictures. Yay!!

Ha-Ha... I think the trip is the Birthday present! I'm hoping I don't have to make it a budget trip!!

My trip was great because I didn't budget a thing. I did what I wanted when I wanted.

Aack!!! Just when I was getting somewhere on my TR my laptop died! (cooling fan went out so it will only work for 5 min). :mad:

I'll be back in about a week! (I hope!)

So my laptop is back and I am hanging out on the Dis b ut I haven't taken the time to work on my own trip report.

Today I wasted a ton of gas to take a drive to pay a citation I had forgotten about and didn't allow enough time for the mail to get it there in time! :confused::eek:

So now I must got to sleep! Hopefully an update will be coming tomorrow! I want to finish this TR! I want to plan my next trip!!:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter