1st trip reviews- Restaurant Marrakesh/Roaring Forks

katnevsmom

Earning My Ears
1st day Lunch: Marrakesh-DH had Shish Kabobs with rice and beef brewat rolls for an appetizer-not much flavor on the kabobs, he wasn't too excited about this meal. D
DD-Morroccan pasta with meatballs-basically really bad spagetti. Very runny sauce, tasted like water with a little tomato sauce added. She ended up sharing with me.
Me-Hairia soup appetizer, Sultan sampler- I liked the chicken kabob a lot, extremely flavorful! Also the couscous surprised me, it was the best thing on the plate. Yummy! The one complaint I had was the pastry on the bastilla and brewat rolls was so tough that I had a hard time cutting it. Very chewy.
You don't get to choose your own dessert on the dining plan they bring everyone a sampler plate which I liked but DH and DD did not.

I enjoyed our meal and the entertainment, but next trip will not come here again, the food quality was just not as good as some of the other restaurants.

1st day Dinner: We were planning on CS at Epcot but our 2yo DS fell on the sidewalk and ended up with a concussion! After a long time at first aid (with a wonderful and caring nurse) we took the bus back to the WL and ate at Roaring Forks.
DH-Double cheeseburger and fries-This is more his type of food and he said it was great.
DD-Chicken nuggets, fries and grapes-She picked at her food, but that is normal!
Me-Roast beef sandwich with blue cheese on foccacia bread-Very good but way too big. I think that the whole family could have shared this.
Also took a fruit cup back to the room to snack on later, fresh honeydew, cantelope and grapes. Great!

2nd day Breakfast: Cinderellas Royal Table. DD6 was SO excited! We had an 8:05 reservation and were the 2nd people in. Cinderella took a lot of time to talk to the kids and kissed DS's ****oo. Once upstairs our waitress was very prompt and made sure we always had refills. Sausage, bacon (not very well done), delicious hash browns, fruit, and blueberry pastry. Characters were Snow White, Jasmine, Fairy Godmother, and Belle. My son was a little bit too exuberent when hugging Belle and ended up with his hand squeezing her chest hard! (remember he IS only 2) She was very good about not jumping back in horror. She just moved his hand to her shoulder and continued hugging him. She did however turn BRIGHT red. My DH was trying not to laugh but didn't do a very good job. I of course was mortified.:confused3 What can you do!?!

2nd day Lunch: Fruit cup from Roaring Forks

2nd day Dinner: Liberty Tree Tavern: We were very happy with this dinner, roast turkey, marinated steak, ham, mashed potatos, gravy,macaroni and cheese, salad, green beans, and rolls. We didn't stick around for dessert as the kids were restless. Great character interaction, Chip tried to eat DD's hair and Pluto pretended to lick my son's face which he loved. Good dinner would do it again.

Next up: Casey's corner and Sci Fi dine in

Great reviews. Thanks for sharing. We also having breakfast at CRT..I'll have to watch my little one:lmao:

2nd day Breakfast: Cinderellas Royal Table. DD6 was SO excited! We had an 8:05 reservation and were the 2nd people in. Cinderella took a lot of time to talk to the kids and kissed DS's ****oo. Once upstairs our waitress was very prompt and made sure we always had refills. Sausage, bacon (not very well done), delicious hash browns, fruit, and blueberry pastry. Characters were Snow White, Jasmine, Fairy Godmother, and Belle. My son was a little bit too exuberent when hugging Belle and ended up with his hand squeezing her chest hard! (remember he IS only 2) She was very good about not jumping back in horror. She just moved his hand to her shoulder and continued hugging him. She did however turn BRIGHT red. My DH was trying not to laugh but didn't do a very good job. I of course was mortified.:confused3 What can you do!?!

2nd day Lunch: Fruit cup from Roaring Forks

2nd day Dinner: Liberty Tree Tavern: We were very happy with this dinner, roast turkey, marinated steak, ham, mashed potatos, gravy,macaroni and cheese, salad, green beans, and rolls. We didn't stick around for dessert as the kids were restless. Great character interaction, Chip tried to eat DD's hair and Pluto pretended to lick my son's face which he loved. Good dinner would do it again.

Next up: Casey's corner and Sci Fi dine in
:rotfl: I'm sure she has had that happen with kids before...I love it when the kids get all excited. :) And are enjoying themselves.

We also loved the LTT :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter