***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

Not sure this is the best place for this question, but I'm hoping you guys have some insight. We are doing MK on Dec. 4.
My kids/DH have never done rope drop because my DH is NOT a morning person and doesn't move quickly and my kids have never been ones to wake up before 8:00, even for school. However, this trip I REALLY want to try and get to rope drop.
I see there are Early Magic Mornings on this date so I'm wondering if it will be worth the effort to get all 5 of us up, ready and to the park in time for opening. Also, will they still do a morning show if there are Early Morning Magic hours?
Thank you for any advice
I think yes to moring show. From what I have heard, emm does not affect Rd much because they only sell 200 tickets or a low number like that.

Thanks to everyone who weighed in on stroller issue. I convinced dh to do it. I told him the alternative was a miserable dd who he might have to carry around. Plus a place to store our stuff. Do you think our park bag would be ok if we left in stroller? I'd take my small purse with wallet and phone wit me on rides.

Wow, I have been totally slacking and haven't been on here in ages!! So awesome that we are all so close to our trips now!! This time next week I'll be waking up at Pop Century! DS6 is totally out of his mind excited....I am too!! DS8 is the kind of kid who's iffy about the airport/ travel and doesn't get excited until he's actually in the pool or on our 1st ride. We always always go in April so this feels wierd to me, like pinching myself that we are actually going in 6 days!! Gonna try to keep up with this thread for these final days...

Thanks to everyone who weighed in on stroller issue. I convinced dh to do it. I told him the alternative was a miserable dd who he might have to carry around. Plus a place to store our stuff. Do you think our park bag would be ok if we left in stroller? I'd take my small purse with wallet and phone wit me on rides.

We always left stuff in the stroller without an issue (just took the wallet/phone with us).

Not sure this is the best place for this question, but I'm hoping you guys have some insight. We are doing MK on Dec. 4.
My kids/DH have never done rope drop because my DH is NOT a morning person and doesn't move quickly and my kids have never been ones to wake up before 8:00, even for school. However, this trip I REALLY want to try and get to rope drop.
I see there are Early Magic Mornings on this date so I'm wondering if it will be worth the effort to get all 5 of us up, ready and to the park in time for opening. Also, will they still do a morning show if there are Early Morning Magic hours?
Thank you for any advice
Getting to a park at rope drop is always a good way to do some rides before the park gets crowded. But to be honest, your family might be hard to get moving in the morning. And you need a lot of time just to grab some food and travel to the park.

The opening show is cute but not worth having a grumpy family, imo. We've been going to Disney since the late 1970's and only saw the show for the first time about two years ago. ;)

Epcot is really big and you'll be glad that you have the stroller for that. MK is smaller and you can get away without the stroller in that park.

I've heard stories of people having a doll or stuffed animal or other toy or object stolen, but those items were probably in plan view. I've accidentally left our refillable mugs in the top cup holders and no one took those. I think in general stuff is safe in a stroller. Put some kind of identification on your stroller so you can easily find it in the huge parking lot of strollers at the parks. Cast Members will move the strollers around to make more room, so your stroller might be in a different place than where you left it.

First of all, happy thanksgiving to you! I'm thankful to have found this group of amazing people. When I first started my Disney planning I was overwhelmed with the idea of it but I was glad to have found the Disboards to help inform me more about Disney. The day I stumbled upon this group was the best day! I don't think I would have made it through fastpass selection or ADR stalking or some of the trip rough spots (remember the travel agent woes?!?) without you all.

I'm beyond thankful for my Disney friends and wish you all a blessed Thanksgiving and an AMAZING Disney trip!!!!!

Ok, I had to share that I'm now completely and totally done with tweaking my ADRs! I had been worried about my Chef Mickey at 6:55pm on 12/4 because we wanted to see the Frozen castle lighting at 6:30pm (which we originally thought was going to be at 6:15). I was worried that my slow group wouldn't make it to Chef Mickey in time, even with the 15 minute ADR grace period. I'd been stalking a reservation 10-15 minutes later just as a buffer, and hadn't had much luck in the past month. Well, at 2am I got a *********** text (I slept through the 1:30am alert from Touring Plans, LOL!) about a reservation at 7:10pm. I know it seems silly to have been stalking a reservation for such a small tweak, but it just feels so much more right for our family.

This Chef Mickey dinner has been an odyssey. I started with 8:50, then found an 8:30, then got a 7:50, then found a 6:30, then found the 6:55, and now landed with the PERFECT 7:10.

So, I'm done with ADRs, FINALLY! All touring plan and *********** notifications are OFF!!

Ok, I had to share that I'm now completely and totally done with tweaking my ADRs! I had been worried about my Chef Mickey at 6:55pm on 12/4 because we wanted to see the Frozen castle lighting at 6:30pm (which we originally thought was going to be at 6:15). I was worried that my slow group wouldn't make it to Chef Mickey in time, even with the 15 minute ADR grace period. I'd been stalking a reservation 10-15 minutes later just as a buffer, and hadn't had much luck in the past month. Well, at 2am I got a *********** text (I slept through the 1:30am alert from Touring Plans, LOL!) about a reservation at 7:10pm. I know it seems silly to have been stalking a reservation for such a small tweak, but it just feels so much more right for our family.

This Chef Mickey dinner has been an odyssey. I started with 8:50, then found an 8:30, then got a 7:50, then found a 6:30, then found the 6:55, and now landed with the PERFECT 7:10.

So, I'm done with ADRs, FINALLY! All touring plan and *********** notifications are OFF!!
That's awesome!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Yay for you!!! Just as you finished, I'm back in the game again. ;) I have a finder set for Whispering Canyon for Saturday night (11/26 - can't believe that's only 2 days away now!!!). We need something early because we're doing EMM the next morning but eating at WC that night will help ease the schedule of Sunday considerably (current plans have us doing EMM and touring MK, followed by WC at 1:45, followed by AK for a couple hours in the evening). Fingers crossed something opens up!

It's online. But I am thinking of having mine delivered to my resort at Disney. Shipping is crazy to Canada.
I'm not sure what kind of deals they have at the actual store at the Eaton centre. I actually have to be downtown that day for a meeting and I'm kinda scared to go there because it's Black Friday and will likely be insane.

It's online. But I am thinking of having mine delivered to my resort at Disney. Shipping is crazy to Canada.
I'm not sure what kind of deals they have at the actual store at the Eaton centre. I actually have to be downtown that day for a meeting and I'm kinda scared to go there because it's Black Friday and will likely be insane.
Thanks for the info! Yeah shipping is crazy.

I did that (left park bag in stoller and carried a small crossbody with anything valuable). it was fine.

Ok does anyone know about santa goofy? I thought I read that he meets at AK. Is that all through December or just after Christmas like at Disney Springs? And if all of December, where is he? I can't find a lot of info. WDW info just says that santa goofy meets at Animal Kingdom. Kenny's character locator has him in Dinoland today from 10-6 but don't know if that is just today only. I've never used that site so don't know if it's accurate or consistent.

Yay for you!!! Just as you finished, I'm back in the game again. ;) I have a finder set for Whispering Canyon for Saturday night (11/26 - can't believe that's only 2 days away now!!!). We need something early because we're doing EMM the next morning but eating at WC that night will help ease the schedule of Sunday considerably (current plans have us doing EMM and touring MK, followed by WC at 1:45, followed by AK for a couple hours in the evening). Fingers crossed something opens up!

I'm sure you'll find one. Keep checking this week as I'm sure people will be canceling a lot the week before. Good luck with the packing; you'll be in Disney so soon!!!

Is anyone else having last minute panic stuff? I feel so unprepared! I've got Saturday totally booked off to just do packing and trip organizing stuff. It's SO OVERWHELMING! I haven't even written out my day by day plans yet and next week being my last week before I leave has suddenly filled up with work stuff!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter