***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

Our plans are pretty much set for our trip, outside of FF+. The ONLY thing that we haven't been able to get is BOG for lunch on the 4th. We have eaten lunch there before when you could FF+ it when they were rolling it out at the resorts, so if don't get it, it's not TOO bad. Had anyone been successful getting BOG super close to the trip date?

BOG for lunch - yay or nay?

We did breakfast and dinner last year and enjoyed both (bfast more for the PPO than the food for sure).

I've got breakfast and lunch this year booked - but we also loved CHH and Cosmic Rays for QS. Should I keep the BOG lunch or try something new?
We like the lunch. I'm a huge Beauty and the Beast fan so it's fun to be in the Castle. I would have preferred a dinner there, but I can't seem to score an ADR. I will keep hunting!

We've never eaten at BOG. We have a lunch on 11/27 and a dinner on 12/2.
DD wants to keep them both.. we are all excited about the menu especially the French onion soup. :flower:

We've never eaten at BOG. We have a lunch on 11/27 and a dinner on 12/2.
DD wants to keep them both.. we are all excited about the menu especially the French onion soup. :flower:
Do! The dinner is a much different experience then lunch. If anything, skip the lunch and enjoy dinner! Plus, it's the only place in MK where you can get a glass of wine with dinner.

I've seen some BOG ADR's come up in the short term when I've been randomly checking. I think you just need to be diligent about it :)

I've seen some BOG ADR's come up in the short term when I've been randomly checking. I think you just need to be diligent about it :)

Keep looking. I picked up two BOG lunches today on 12/5 as I was randomly checking! One for me, and one for someone else on our spreadsheet (turns out wrong meal!), which I'm posting to the cancellations board.

Thought it might be fun to see how folks are divvying up their time at the parks for our upcoming trips. :D How is your balance of park days shaping up? Ours is looking like this:

MK: 3 days
EP: 1-1/2 days
AK: 1-1/2 days
HS: 1 day (plus a couple of hours)
DS: 1/2 day
Resort: 1 day (this is two 1/2 days)

Do! The dinner is a much different experience then lunch. If anything, skip the lunch and enjoy dinner! Plus, it's the only place in MK where you can get a glass of wine with dinner.

Dinner was AWESOME there. We sat in the west wing and the food was amazing. It was such a great experience I was afraid to go again and have a negative one that would ruin my love for BOG!

Dinner was AWESOME there. We sat in the west wing and the food was amazing. It was such a great experience I was afraid to go again and have a negative one that would ruin my love for BOG!
Which items did you have? I have not been since 2012 when they were doing soft openings so my info is outdated. Care to give a mini review? ;)

Thoughts...

Due to flight prices, we are arriving November 25th and staying offsite until the 27th, when we check in at the Cabins. We are currently staying at the Doubletree and renting a car. Today, I was stalking, I mean looking at the Disney site, and I found All Star Music suite for $30 more than the offsite and rental car. Should we change our ressie? I am just really unsure :)

@Meeko5 I was curious if you are flying for your trip? If you are, will it be out of GR? I had strongly considered that option but decided to fly right out of Kalamazoo (to Chicago then nonstop to MCO). I am a total wimp about driving on 131 in the winter!! :scared1:

I think if you already have BOG for breakfast, maybe something new for lunch would be nice. :-) You've got great ADRs!!

We are flying out of GR - it was significantly cheaper than even flint it Detroit for us which was a shock. We got nonstop flights both ways for $950 for 4 of us on SW.

And I don't blame you, winter in west Michigan is such a crapshoot!

Thought it might be fun to see how folks are divvying up their time at the parks for our upcoming trips. :D How is your balance of park days shaping up? Ours is looking like this:

MK - 2 full days + MVMCP
EP - 3 days (yes, I have a love for Epcot!)
AK - 1 day (maybe a half day prior to MVMCP, we'll see)
HS - 1.5 days
USO - 1 day
Resort: 1/2 - 1 day

I'm hopping on all my days... :blush::scared1: But I have a total of:
MK- approx. 4 days in total
EPCOT- approx 2 days
DHS 1 day
AK- 1 1/2? day

Maybe... :laughing:

Speaking of BOG, if you had young kids, would you go twice? I now have a lunch there and dinner (weirdly on the same day) thanks to my random checking. Dinner is non-negotiable-- we're going to meet the Beast and my DD will wear her Belle dress, LOL!

However, i can see my kids liking the grilled cheese and turkey noodle soup that's on the lunch menu. It would be a good one for them to share for lunch. We're on the DP so it's not an out of pocket cost and seems a good dining plan value.

Strikes me that it might be less of a hassle to sit there and have lunch brought to us, than go stand in line and carry trays to our seats while keeping track of the kids. Could also be a way to see multiple dining rooms and take an inside break? Thoughts?

Speaking of BOG, if you had young kids, would you go twice? I now have a lunch there and dinner (weirdly on the same day) thanks to my random checking. Dinner is non-negotiable-- we're going to meet the Beast and my DD will wear her Belle dress, LOL!

However, i can see my kids liking the grilled cheese and turkey noodle soup that's on the lunch menu. It would be a good one for them to share for lunch. We're on the DP so it's not an out of pocket cost and seems a good dining plan value.

Strikes me that it might be less of a hassle to sit there and have lunch brought to us, than go stand in line and carry trays to our seats while keeping track of the kids. Could also be a way to see multiple dining rooms and take an inside break? Thoughts?
I would do both meals there. For me, CS with young kids seems like such torture... (just me of course) I think BOG for lunch on DDP is good value and quicker than a normal CS if you pre-order (or at least that;s what I read from these boards). :) Unless of course there is some other CS you would like :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter