***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

Thoughts...

Due to flight prices, we are arriving November 25th and staying offsite until the 27th, when we check in at the Cabins. We are currently staying at the Doubletree and renting a car. Today, I was stalking, I mean looking at the Disney site, and I found All Star Music suite for $30 more than the offsite and rental car. Should we change our ressie? I am just really unsure :)
It depends... I think a car rental is convenient in some ways since you do not need to rely on Disney transportation. Will you be in the parks on Nov 25-27? Sorry for the ignorance, but were is doubletree?

DHS: Disney Jr? Not really so sure with a toddler
If your child watches Disney Jr and knows the characters, then this show would be fun for him. Everyone sits on the floor, parents and kids, and there are live actors on stage. It is geared to the pre-school crowd and they have the kids doing things like dancing and jumping around. It is kind of fun. :)

I plan to bring a suitcase full of snacks and small toys... really need to do some shopping at the dollar store!
The Dollar store is a good place to get the Glow in the Dark toys. Kids really like to play with them at night in the parks.

Do you all think it would be too cold for Splash Mountain and Kali River Rapids when we all go in December? I'm thinking Splash Mountain might be doable for us, but that Kali River Rapids would be too wet.
You'll have to watch the weather forecasts but most likely it will be too cold for Kali unless there is a really hot spell. If you're sitting in the wrong seat you can get totally immersed in water from the waist down on that ride.

So you've done it with a poncho before? What kind? I'm bringing good ones for us all, but was thinking a disposable one just for this ride would do so we dont have to lug wet thick ponchos around afterwards... Thoughts?
I've managed to stay dry on Splash with just a hooded rain jacket, one of those thin, lightweight ones that are popular now.

We are VERY interested in this!! It looks like December sunset is around 5:30, so I'm thinking that might be a good time? It says it runs until 6:00 at the moment, so maybe anything in that 5:30-6:00 range?
If the safari keeps its closing time of 6pm when we are there, then the last fp for it will be at 5pm.

I'm curious...does anyone have a favorite spot for viewing IllumiNations?
There are a lot of good places to watch Illuminations. We like to watch near France, to the right of the kiosk that sell the frozen drinks.

Oh I'm curious about spots for Illuminations too. Was thinking about using an FP one night
Illuminations fp is a tier 1. Maybe you can get it as a 4th fp, though.

I was thinking about going to MK but only because we're staying at CR... But since we have a late night (EMH at MK the previous night), we might just head to Disney Springs. Now, I'm thinking about taking the boat to WL, checking out the resort then from WL, take the bus to DS, have lunch and head back to CR for rest before the party.
The best children's playground at Dsiney is at Fort Wilderness. You can take the boat from CR to FW and the playground is very close to the boat dock. Then you can take a short walk to see the ponies in the corral that is right behind Pioneer Hall. There is also a horse stable back there so you can look at the bigger horses. From there you could take the jogging trail to Wilderness Lodge if you feel like taking a 22 minute walk. The path is paved. Or you can get back on the boat and go to WL that way. :)

The lobby of the WL has a nice little bridge that little kids love to run back and forth over. This bridge is made for toddlers. ;) The Mercantile is one of the most interesting gift shops of all the resorts. And the lobby is nicely decorated for Christmas. :)

I would do both meals there. For me, CS with young kids seems like such torture... (just me of course) I think BOG for lunch on DDP is good value and quicker than a normal CS if you pre-order (or at least that;s what I read from these boards). :) Unless of course there is some other CS you would like :)

Thank you for your reply @Candycane83, I don't know enough about the counter service at MK to know if we would should try it. I'm nervous about the whole managing kids in crowds with trays of foods to find tables. We lost my son (just turned 2) last year at the Maryland Renaissance Festival in a huge crowd getting lunch and it was the scariest five minutes of my life. At least at Disney they could scan a magic band to look for a lost child, but it is a fear of mine and a worry about the counter service, especially on what will be a very busy day at MK (a non-party Monday).

It depends... I think a car rental is convenient in some ways since you do not need to rely on Disney transportation. Will you be in the parks on Nov 25-27? Sorry for the ignorance, but were is doubletree?

Doubletree is in the Disney Springs area :)

No park time the 25th and 26th, just Disney Springs and the hotel. We are getting in late on the 25th.

If your child watches Disney Jr and knows the characters, then this show would be fun for him. Everyone sits on the floor, parents and kids, and there are live actors on stage. It is geared to the pre-school crowd and they have the kids doing things like dancing and jumping around. It is kind of fun. :)

The Dollar store is a good place to get the Glow in the Dark toys. Kids really like to play with them at night in the parks.

You'll have to watch the weather forecasts but most likely it will be too cold for Kali unless there is a really hot spell. If you're sitting in the wrong seat you can get totally immersed in water from the waist down on that ride.

I've managed to stay dry on Splash with just a hooded rain jacket, one of those thin, lightweight ones that are popular now.

If the safari keeps its closing time of 6pm when we are there, then the last fp for it will be at 5pm.

There are a lot of good places to watch Illuminations. We like to watch near France, to the right of the kiosk that sell the frozen drinks.

Illuminations fp is a tier 1. Maybe you can get it as a 4th fp, though.

The best children's playground at Dsiney is at Fort Wilderness. You can take the boat from CR to FW and the playground is very close to the boat dock. Then you can take a short walk to see the ponies in the corral that is right behind Pioneer Hall. There is also a horse stable back there so you can look at the bigger horses. From there you could take the jogging trail to Wilderness Lodge if you feel like taking a 22 minute walk. The path is paved. Or you can get back on the boat and go to WL that way. :)

The lobby of the WL has a nice little bridge that little kids love to run back and forth over. This bridge is made for toddlers. ;) The Mercantile is one of the most interesting gift shops of all the resorts. And the lobby is nicely decorated for Christmas. :)
Thanks so much for all this information!!!! :worship: This is absolutely great info especially about WL and Fort Wilderness!!!

Thank you for your reply @Candycane83, I don't know enough about the counter service at MK to know if we would should try it. I'm nervous about the whole managing kids in crowds with trays of foods to find tables. We lost my son (just turned 2) last year at the Maryland Renaissance Festival in a huge crowd getting lunch and it was the scariest five minutes of my life. At least at Disney they could scan a magic band to look for a lost child, but it is a fear of mine and a worry about the counter service, especially on what will be a very busy day at MK (a non-party Monday).
Ohh, I'd be so scared... We haven't lost mine yet but it's only a matter of time! I remember getting lost a lot too as a kid :rolleyes:

I never knew Disney could track a lost child using his MB? I thought they couldn't?

Doubletree is in the Disney Springs area :)

No park time the 25th and 26th, just Disney Springs and the hotel. We are getting in late on the 25th.
Ahh, I see! Hmm... Just my personal opinion, I would stay at Doubletree if you are just going to be at Disney Springs for those two days, more convenient? Could you walk to Disney Springs?

The only advantage I could think of by staying onsite is getting to do FPs 2 days sooner. :)

I never knew Disney could track a lost child using his MB? I thought they couldn't?

I read that they could scan band of the lost child and use the information to call the parent, but I don't recall exactly where. Not sure it was on a reliable forum, but the technology is there for them to know where people are at all times. I think they take lost children to the baby care center and stay with them until the parent arrives.

Edited: Ok, maybe not according to touring plans, but I would think they could do it:
https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/magicband

Last edited:
Thanks very much @Wood Nymph! We have not seen IllumiNations before and are so excited about it. Might try for the 4th FP! :thumbsup2 And duly noted about Safari timing--thanks again!

@SilSprBea Can't even imagine how scary that situation was with your son--so sorry that happened! When we went with our 18-month and 4-year-old, one parent pretty much managed the kids and the other managed the food, which is a balancing act either way! lol Or, we kept them in the strollers so they couldn't wander! I had a dream the other night that I could not find my kids at Disney. Even at their ages now (14, 17) I couldn't go back to sleep until I went to check to make sure they were sleeping soundly in their beds. :)

I read that they could scan band of the lost child and use the information to call the parent, but I don't recall exactly where. Not sure it was on a reliable forum, but the technology is there for them to know where people are at all times. I think they take lost children to the baby care center and stay with them until the parent arrives.
That's great!! I so hope my son does not get lost but if ever, this is reassuring!

Edited: Ok, maybe not according to touring plans, but I would think they could do it:
https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/magicband
LOL, maybe I should buy some duct tape and stick him to me for the duration of the trip :rotfl2:

Anyone doing HDDR with toddler here? I've heard great reviews but I'm second guessing myself since it's 2 hours long... And my toddler is not exactly a fan of fried chicken and ribs
My granddaughter was 3 - 1/2 yrs old when we went to HDDR and she enjoyed it. They brought food that kids would eat, like macaroni and cheese. The waitress was great and my granddaughter loved her. But I would only do this show if you really wanted to see it. It is not a "must do" in my opinion, although all of us enjoyed it. I think the best time to go to HDDR is when you have friends/family with you. It just seems more fun that way. :)

@Iowamomof4 or anyone! what do you think about CRT? Is it really something we should try once? Or skip it

It's so hard for me to see the value in that meal. We did Akershus last time while on the dining plan and saw several princesses for only 1 credit vs. 2 at CRT. I just don't get it. But then, my priorities aren't the same as others' priorities and that's why there's no wrong way to do Disney! :D

Which items did you have? I have not been since 2012 when they were doing soft openings so my info is outdated. Care to give a mini review? ;)

DH had the steak and it was perfect. The sauce was delicious and it came with green beans and frites. All perfectly cooked and seasoned. So good. I had the braised pork and it was to die for good. I had the lemon cupcake which was delicious and I can't remember what DH had. Something chocolate?

It was all so good!

Thoughts...

Due to flight prices, we are arriving November 25th and staying offsite until the 27th, when we check in at the Cabins. We are currently staying at the Doubletree and renting a car. Today, I was stalking, I mean looking at the Disney site, and I found All Star Music suite for $30 more than the offsite and rental car. Should we change our ressie? I am just really unsure :)

If it were me, I'd stay ON site and make use of DME to get us from MCO to my hotel! Disney will even move your bags for you when it's time to check in at the cabins. :D

Does anyone know what time illuminations is? Will it likely change for December? Also , I was just curious , what is F&W? I've seen that posted a lot :)

We are flying out of GR - it was significantly cheaper than even flint it Detroit for us which was a shock. We got nonstop flights both ways for $950 for 4 of us on SW.

And I don't blame you, winter in west Michigan is such a crapshoot!

Oh wow, those are GREAT flight prices--YAY! :flower1:

MK - 2 full days + MVMCP
EP - 3 days (yes, I have a love for Epcot!)
AK - 1 day (maybe a half day prior to MVMCP, we'll see)
HS - 1.5 days
USO - 1 day
Resort: 1/2 - 1 day

I know we can't do everything, but I'm already wishing for more Epcot time! Nothing is in stone just yet...

I'm hopping on all my days... :blush::scared1: But I have a total of:
MK- approx. 4 days in total
EPCOT- approx 2 days
DHS 1 day
AK- 1 1/2? day

Maybe... :laughing:

We are hopping most days too! lol I just put totals in to make it seem simpler that it really is! :rotfl:

Does anyone know what time illuminations is? Will it likely change for December? Also , I was just curious , what is F&W? I've seen that posted a lot :)

Right now it is listed as showing at 9:30 in December. I'm not sure about the likelihood of it changing though? F&W is the International Food and Wine Festival that happens in Epcot from 09/14 to 11/14 :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter