***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

I'm still debating what to do for our MVMCP day! It's also the day we check into AKL. If the weather cooperates, should we just hang at the resort, swim, eat at the Mara and head to MK around 4? Or, should we check in early, drop our bags with Bell Services, and go to AK for lunch and some touring? I'm not sure we'd do any rides, but we'd take some time to look at the animals? Lastly, should we spend some time in DS? I cancelled our Boathouse lunch last week.
I remember you said your kids loves animals. That seems a good opportunity to do that if you do not have time scheduled for it yet. But I would say judge how your kids are that day and see if they can handle the park touring wth a busy night ahead. With no ADRs, you can always change your mind last minute.

I personally feel like I need time at DS! At least a few hours to do some shopping, see lego, visit the coca cola shop and meet the bear, I saw build a dino too and think DS2 would like that. :) Oh not to mention getting all the snacks! LOL! I have 2 reservations (boathouse and homecoming kitchen) at DS, one at night to see all the decor lit up and one during the day which I'm hoping will be much less crowded.

Lisa F added it to our 3rd post in this thread so it doesn't get buried! It's really cool tag that you are welcome to print out, laminate and display... you can tie it to your bag, attach it to your stroller ,etc. Go to the following URL

http://s1061.photobucket.com/user/LadyBCreates/library/Completed Requests/September/SilSprBea

and login with the password SilSprBea to get the high resolution image suitable for printing, framing and display.
WOW--the Mickey and Minnie 2016 Christmas tag, yes? That's awesome! I may make earrings. . .

Anyone who is planning for JTA (I think just @Lisa F?) there is a thread about how they changed JTA for PPO - they won't let you sign up in advance of breakfast anymore. >:( Not sure if this holds for EMM as well. My DD is not going to be able to handle waiting for 45 mins in a line after we eat breakfast (and potentially behind the RD ppl). what the he double hockey sticks?

Anyone who is planning for JTA (I think just @Lisa F?) there is a thread about how they changed JTA for PPO - they won't let you sign up in advance of breakfast anymore. >:( Not sure if this holds for EMM as well. My DD is not going to be able to handle waiting for 45 mins in a line after we eat breakfast (and potentially behind the RD ppl). what the he double hockey sticks?
My son wants to do JTA as well (and our day is 12/3, an EMM day, great @#$#*!) SO rope drop it is. . .

My son wants to do JTA as well (and our day is 12/3, an EMM day, great @#$#*!) SO rope drop it is. . .
we are on the same day at HS. I am peeved because I specifically booked H&V so I wouldn't have to deal with the RD nonsense. Maybe I should book EMM instead but I'm thinking DD doesn't care about Toy Story characters or Star Tours. She would rather eat breakfast with the Disney Jr crew. I'm following the thread.

Also I am wondering if the Gone Mad party at the GF is still happening. I was thinking of that as an alternative to watching Wishes on 12/7 as it would be less busy and have snacks. :) Also we are huge Alice fans (the original movie) and DD is reading the original book right now.

I'm so sorry about this :( i know how great this is for the kids. And how much you guys were counting on it :(
Sooo many changes during our trip.
Impossible to plan

Warning: rant follows!

My travel agent is aggravating me again with a lack of responsiveness. If I sent a note on Sunday asking her about online check in and final payment (which only she can do) shouldn't I have gotten a response by now? At least an acknowledgement of my email? I know I annoy her because I have an opinion about my trip and have asked her more questions than her usual clients (she clearly likes to work with people that will want to do exactly what she plans for them) but she has a responsibility to work with even "difficult" clients like me!

She's a Disney authorized travel agent and I paid her an extra fee for her concierge services. Do I have recourse with Disney? I'm a little afraid of actually doing anything (or posting here lest she reads this somehow and figures out its me) because what if she takes revenge and cancels my trips or fast passes or ADRs (ok, I'm being paranoid). But she is making what should be a happy planning experience a really miserable and stressful one and I feel that Disney somehow needs to know.

Ok venting done!
I'm so sorry this happened to you! I'm a TA and I book ADR and FP for clients free of charge (I actually don't know if my agency even allows us to charge. I'm thinking no which is why I'm surprised some do!!). I don't book those reservations often because most clients like to do it themselves - which I'm totally fine with! Most just ask opinions on where to sit for fireworks or which restaurant is better for a little kid, etc.

I try to either respond quickly if it's a simple question or I respond to let them know I read the email and will get back to them with an answer a little later. I have two kids and I try to work during naps or after my husband gets home.

so now that I am 45 days away (and it's all about me) and we are over 10k posts... how is everyone doing on their planning? Why don't we check in on things you are still hoping to get/score/change.

For me, besides RoL, I am all set. I have changed my FP+ more than I thought I would but I think I've changed it as much as I reasonably can. I dropped all of my CP backups when JibJab dessert party was released. The one thing nagging at me a bit is EMM, the reviews are SO good but I really just can't fit it in except on my "rest and 'Ohana" day. I do have a backup 'Ohana for another day in case i go crazy and book EMM but with my two PP and 7DMT FP+ I think I should be good. Also in play for me is the dessert party during MVMCP but now leaning toward dropping it again, lol.

what are you still working on/looking for/thinking about?

For me it's 2 things. 1. the whole RoL issue. If it does come out I'm planning on going on 12/4, but like you Lisa I have mixed feelings. I originally had 3 dinners planned in Epcot. Already gave up one for JBJB, and would give up another for RoL. I think it would be worth it, but reluctantly. Just really wish we knew one way or the other about RoL!

The second thing I am having trouble deciding about is our MVMCP day - the 6th. Originally thought we would have a late and leisurely morning in AK, but for us we just enjoy a very few things there so probably won't do this. I have 2 ADRs booked - both for LLT one at 2 for lunch and the other at 6 for dinner. I am leaning toward the 6pm one even though everyone says we shouldn't spend party time having TS. We have 3 FP scheduled starting at 3:30. We have enough ticket days to go into MK prior to 4, and I'm thinking it might be a nice break as we plan on staying until they shut it down at midnight. Right now I'm thinking we could sleep in a little, head to DS to explore / shop / eat a CS lunch, bus to GF so I can check out decorations then monorail to MK around 3. Use FP and maybe a couple other rides, eat dinner, then concentrate on Party stuff - the parade, shows and fireworks - then finish off by riding more rides til midnight.

I have a decision for our first day that I could use opinions on. Our first day we are doing a resort crawl and hopefully will hit WL, FW, Poly, GF, and CR. It's a MVMCP night at MK. I currently have a California Grill ADR at 9:30pm where I didn't plan to order meals, but maybe drinks and desserts to watch the Holiday Wishes. I'm rethinking this, for a couple reasons. Here are my proposed options:

1. Just focus on the resort crawl and not try to see Holiday Wishes at all. Would you even recommend pre-watching the Holiday Wishes like this? We are going to be at a MVMCP during our trip and get to see them up close and personal. Would I be kind of "spoiling" it for us if we see them from a distance first and here the music and everything? Or am I completely overthinking this like I do everything else. :rolleyes1 This option leaves us more freedom to tour the resorts in a different order than I currently scheduled. And maybe we could end up at FW after dark and do a sleigh ride...
2. Do a Wishes Fireworks cruise that night for $45/person. I've already seen someone post that they are looking to fill spots on a cruise that night. :sail: Would this be a better option? It may be more expensive, or it may not. I'm not sure what exactly we'd order at California Grill.
3. Keep the current plan of the California Grill reservation.

I think you are over thinking this. I would stick with your original plans. I think you would enjoy the fireworks from CG, and then enjoy them even more during MVMCP!

Also I am wondering if the Gone Mad party at the GF is still happening. I was thinking of that as an alternative to watching Wishes on 12/7 as it would be less busy and have snacks. :) Also we are huge Alice fans (the original movie) and DD is reading the original book right now.

I think it's awesome you are having her read the original!!!

To complete my response, I know @Lisa F and I are both going to be at MK on 12/7. I think a few other ppl too but not sure who...

Also, I got DH and DS a few SW shirts too :( Oh well, I guess they could still wear those on DHS morning :)
DH bought a SW shirt he wanted to wear to SWGS, but now I guess he'lol just wear it on one of our off days, or maybe when we go to HS.

This is what I get for feeling so proud of my CP swapping yesterday.

Decided to un-Fantasmic my 4:35pm H&V by dropping and picking it back up... and it got snatched. I probably made somebody's day, but now I'm sitting over here like :sad:.

Still have my 5:50pm, but that doesn't leave us any time to get a good jibjab spot. Putting my faith in random checking and the reservation finder now for something closer to 5:00pm.

12/9. It's been too long now. I dropped it probably an hour ago and did just like I did with the CP swapperoo. I booked something else to make it kick right back in, but even after 20 minutes of me obsessively checking, it never popped back up to book. Oh well, still got lots of time. That will be my mantra while I mourn my ADR loss!

I did a swap of one of my ADR's last night from one MDE to another, and it took an hour to show up, and I had to change the number of guests to get it to show back up. SOO annoying, but I hope you find something in a better time slot as you get closer!!

I have a decision for our first day that I could use opinions on. Our first day we are doing a resort crawl and hopefully will hit WL, FW, Poly, GF, and CR. It's a MVMCP night at MK. I currently have a California Grill ADR at 9:30pm where I didn't plan to order meals, but maybe drinks and desserts to watch the Holiday Wishes. I'm rethinking this, for a couple reasons. Here are my proposed options:

1. Just focus on the resort crawl and not try to see Holiday Wishes at all. Would you even recommend pre-watching the Holiday Wishes like this? We are going to be at a MVMCP during our trip and get to see them up close and personal. Would I be kind of "spoiling" it for us if we see them from a distance first and here the music and everything? Or am I completely overthinking this like I do everything else. :rolleyes1 This option leaves us more freedom to tour the resorts in a different order than I currently scheduled. And maybe we could end up at FW after dark and do a sleigh ride...
2. Do a Wishes Fireworks cruise that night for $45/person. I've already seen someone post that they are looking to fill spots on a cruise that night. :sail: Would this be a better option? It may be more expensive, or it may not. I'm not sure what exactly we'd order at California Grill.
3. Keep the current plan of the California Grill reservation.

DO ALL THE THINGS!! :crazy:
Kidding, of course. Have you seen Wishes from CG before? We're doing it because we've never seen it from that view. We're ordering a flatbread app and a dessert because by 9:30 at night I'll be hangry if I don't eat dinner! Narcoosees may be cool too though.

Things left to do in the 42 days before we leave:
1. Cancel PPO Crystal Palace (probably, still waiting on the go ahead for this from my sister in law)
2. Just bought 9 shirts for my mom to applique Disney shirts for my boys.
3. Move. Closing date is November 16!!
4. MagicBands!!

To complete my response, I know @Lisa F and I are both going to be at MK on 12/7. I think a few other ppl too but not sure who...

Also, I got DH and DS a few SW shirts too :( Oh well, I guess they could still wear those on DHS morning :)
Yay! Are you guys planning to stay for fireworks? Or are you doing dessert party?
I plan to wear my SW shirt on HS day. DD wants to dress up as Princess Leia. She was really upset the party was cancelled. :( that's why I really want to make Jedi training happen for her.

I think most of my stuff is in place really nicely.

I feel like I have good plans for my 3 MK days on 12/4, 12/5 and 12/9. I just hope my 12/5 day with a PPO BOG doesn't get messed up with Disney changing opening hours! I do have a TP search going for a Cinderella's Royal Table for lunch 12/5 for just two people. This is a completely unnecessary ADR but there's this little part of me that still wants to take my DD (and send my DH & DS back to the hotel for a nap), but to be honest it is not good for our flow even though it's the only possible place to fit it in this trip. I'm not sure why I can't just let this go because we have so many other character meals planned!

My 12/6 HS day feels really good right now. Last night I found an H&V Fantasmic lunch for us at a slightly earlier time. We'd had a 1pm and the flow of my plan on Touring Plans was just off. I found one randomly looking (not even sure why I looked) for 12:10 pm and then plugged it into my Touring Plans and the flow is so much better. Amazing what a difference 40 minutes earlier made!

My 12/7 Epcot day feels perfect. I can't wait to celebrate my DD's 5th birthday there with all of our fun plans!

My 12/8 AK day is still totally up in there air. I am still looking for a Tusker House lunch for 6 people on 12/8 around 1pm (my friend and her DD join us on our AK day). I currently have two reservations at that time (1 for 4 people and 1 for 2 people) but feel that it would be safer if the reservation was for all of us. It's not really a critical one because I do think they would seat us together, but it is one of those things that would just make me feel better. My TP search has been pretty much crickets for parties of 6 at Tusker. I'm also still holding dinner at Tusker for all 6 of us since I just don't know what is going to happen with RoL. I feel like I can't really finalize my plans. I also booked a carriage ride this evening at POR but may cancel it if RoL ends up happening.

But really, I don't *need* any more ADRs

Yay! Are you guys planning to stay for fireworks? Or are you doing dessert party?
I plan to wear my SW shirt on HS day. DD wants to dress up as Princess Leia. She was really upset the party was cancelled. :( that's why I really want to make Jedi training happen for her.
Probably going to watch from Fantasyland somewhere since that's where we plan to be at that time... I have a FP for 7DMT (rider swap) and meet Cindy. We're doing EPCOT that morning, going back to the resort after lunch to nap until dinner time. We probably will enter MK only by 7/7:30.

I feel like I have good plans for my 3 MK days on 12/4, 12/5 and 12/9. I just hope my 12/5 day with a PPO BOG doesn't get messed up with Disney changing opening hours! I do have a TP search going for a Cinderella's Royal Table for lunch 12/5 for just two people. This is a completely unnecessary ADR but there's this little part of me that still wants to take my DD (and send my DH & DS back to the hotel for a nap), but to be honest it is not good for our flow even though it's the only possible place to fit it in this trip. I'm not sure why I can't just let this go because we have so many other character meals planned!

My 12/6 HS day feels really good right now. Last night I found an H&V Fantasmic lunch for us at a slightly earlier time. We'd had a 1pm and the flow of my plan on Touring Plans was just off. I found one randomly looking (not even sure why I looked) for 12:10 pm and then plugged it into my Touring Plans and the flow is so much better. Amazing what a difference 40 minutes earlier made!

My 12/7 Epcot day feels perfect. I can't wait to celebrate my DD's 5th birthday there with all of our fun plans!

My 12/8 AK day is still totally up in there air. I am still looking for a Tusker House lunch for 6 people on 12/8 around 1pm (my friend and her DD join us on our AK day). I currently have two reservations at that time (1 for 4 people and 1 for 2 people) but feel that it would be safer if the reservation was for all of us. It's not really a critical one because I do think they would seat us together, but it is one of those things that would just make me feel better. My TP search has been pretty much crickets for parties of 6 at Tusker. I'm also still holding dinner at Tusker for all 6 of us since I just don't know what is going to happen with RoL. I feel like I can't really finalize my plans. I also booked a carriage ride this evening at POR but may cancel it if RoL ends up happening.

It's the castle, that's why ;)

LOL, have to love your last line. It is such a theme on this thread :rotfl2:

I didn't realize our days were EXACTLY the same for the parks! :) And I'm in the same boat for 12/5. I have the CP PPO, and I'm hoping it will work....
my backup is a 1030 breakfast...so we'll go do adventureland 8-10, then breakfast. It's definitely late for us though, so it's not ideal...but, it's a backup..
my husband says we should just do the 8 breakfast anyway...depending on how the week starts, I might just stick to that

Things left to do in the 42 days before we leave:
1. Cancel PPO Crystal Palace (probably, still waiting on the go ahead for this from my sister in law)
2. Just bought 9 shirts for my mom to applique Disney shirts for my boys.
3. Move. Closing date is November 16!!
4. MagicBands!!

MOVING???!!!??? How do you have time for that in the midst of all of this Disney planning!
:worship:

I have all park days and special events planned out and reserved. My MVMCP tickets (hard cards) are on the way!
Oh wait, I hadn't decided on BOG on MVMCP night. Currently at 7:55, but if Beast isn't there, I'm less interested. I posted on the Restaurants board, but I think only 1 person replied and they weren't sure.

I think I have to adjust part of my afternoong/evening touring plan for HS now that we (FINALLY) know the time for JibJab.
AND, I don't have my super-long day in MK fully planned out. We're going from EMM to MVMCP. I got FPP for Enchanted Tales with Belle right away (they disappeared very fast) and then have part of the day mapped so I picked up two other things, but I don't have the whole day mapped out. Plus, I have no idea about the 2 MVMCP's. I have to focus on that next.

I have time for ROL on our first full day, but no biggie if it's not open or if we're too tired. With WAT and then all of the AK attractions, I have us in the park until almost 7:00 so we can do it. My sister might want to hang out with friends she has in the area though so I'm not committing to ROL.

Look at shirt ideas or iron ons...
Cancel all my extra ADRs....
Need to start packing list, but I'm a "wait until the last second" packer...

ARGH - I guess I don't have everything settled!!

We will have a rental car for the whole week (we were looking at a small SUV) so if anyone needs anything from off-site, we could try to arrange to meet up!

DO ALL THE THINGS!! :crazy:
Kidding, of course. Have you seen Wishes from CG before? We're doing it because we've never seen it from that view. We're ordering a flatbread app and a dessert because by 9:30 at night I'll be hangry if I don't eat dinner! Narcoosees may be cool too though.

We've never seen Wishes...ever... Does that change your answer? We do plan to eat appetizers along the way on our resort crawl that whole day, so we shouldn't be very hungry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter