2 adults and 2 days with hopper

carrie_rn

Earning My Ears
We're both adults in our late 20s. Star wars fans but we did all the stuff there last year.

We are looking at mid September, predicted "low crowd" weekdays (but I realize that can vary). Thinking of staying on site with 2 park days with hopper.

My plan was day 1 - MK first, rope drop mine train, then hit other rides like space mountain either with G+ or using one of our ILL$. Attempt to get this all done by around 1 and go back to the hotel and relax for a few hours. Use ILL$ and G+ to book to get FoP and EE and park hop to AK for the remainder of the day. Have an ADR ready for dinner.

Day 2 - rope drop HS. Really don't know the strategy here just know that GE is priority along with SDD because I didn't get to do it last year. Either go back to hotel for a rest or power through and then hop to Epcot, have an ILL$ or something for GotG. Eat good food, maybe do a ride or 2, chill evening.

We would have a day 3 rest day at our resort. My plan was CSR because that pool looks cool and I hear it's a pretty low key place to stay.

I have never been to AK and it's been over 20 years since Epcot. This would also be my first time staying on site.

Any recommendations, does this look like a good start, anything you would do differently?

Seems to me that AK hours won’t be very late in Sept…the park might close as early as 5pm. Crowds are light in Sept so all hours are on the lighter side. You also may have rain, whether all day (if storms/hurricanes around) or just the normal afternoon t-storm. Mix that with Sept humidity and I would choose AK in the MORNING because that park has little airflow and gets very hot, humid and stuffy as the Sept heat grows during the day.
Also, the animals will be more active on the safari during the early hours.

If your 2 days are a Tuesday and Wed, I would think crowds will be low and you would easily do the rides you want.

We used to go in Sept all the time. If you don’t mind heat and rain, it’s a great time to go.

We have visited Disney in Sep over 10x so lots of personal experience. We love visiting in Sep!

As shared by @LoveToDisney, there are things in Sep that will most likely need tho be considered.

It will rain (at least for a bit) most days. This will affect your park time as it’s heavy rain in Sep.

With just 2 days I would not recommend hotel breaks in the afternoon. Park hours are shorter in Sep so you won’t have as many evening hours as you do many other times of the year.

I agree with AK in the morning. There is a good chance that park could close as early as 5PM.

Watch for parties that will close the MK early.

Have fun!! We love our Sep trips and only changed as it’s harder for my dd to make up the schoolwork.

Thank you all for the advice!! It will be Wednesday and Thursday so I feel like we will be able to get our "must" rides in for sure. We will skip the midday break and just take it easy in the parks in the afternoon. I'm interested to see how G+ works in the real world.

Again, thanks! AK in the morning it is!

We have visited Disney in Sep over 10x so lots of personal experience. We love visiting in Sep!

As shared by @LoveToDisney, there are things in Sep that will most likely need tho be considered.

It will rain (at least for a bit) most days. This will affect your park time as it’s heavy rain in Sep.

With just 2 days I would not recommend hotel breaks in the afternoon. Park hours are shorter in Sep so you won’t have as many evening hours as you do many other times of the year.

I agree with AK in the morning. There is a good chance that park could close as early as 5PM.

Watch for parties that will close the MK early.

Rope dropping MK on a day that there is a Halloween party is a excellent idea.

Our plan is now Wednesday rope drop AK and the hop to MK and use all our ILL$/G+ for MK. Thursday would be rope drop slinky at DHS, use $ILL for RotR while also attempting an ILL$ for GotG. Use G+ in DHS mostly and then standby at Epcot later in the day. We're open to single rider as well.

Friday would be either a rest day or possibly a sleep in, hang out and then later park day with $ILL and G+. I only bought 2 days but I may add another depending on what we want to possibly go back to or get to do what we missed.

I think we would do mostly quick service. I was toying with the idea of character breakfast at Tusker but not sure but husband cares much about characters and just wants good food 🥨

I feel like I'm getting a little too ambitious though and I don't want to be glued to my phone trying to plan the day!

We went to DHS and MK last summer where we were at the mercy of the regular queue and the only thing we had to fool with is getting a boarding pass for RotR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter