2-bedroom BWV questions

PrincessPoppy

Earning My Ears
Hope you all can help me. We're not DVC members, but we're booked in a 2-bedroom BWV in January. We're paying a small fortune for this room, because we have 5 adults and 3 kids, but my dad wanted to be in one room together.

Has anyone else stayed in a 2-bedroom, and how is the space? I know it's a combination studio and 1-bedroom. Does it "feel" like a 2-bedroom?

Thanks in advance.

Well, the master bedroom (the one attached to the main living area) really does feel like a bedroom. The bedroom in the studio part to us felt more like a regular hotel room with a wet bar and mini fridge in it. Also the 2nd bed is a hide-a-bed which also takes away from the bedroom feeling.

If you want more of a bedroom feeling look into Old Key West resort. The 2nd bedroom has to regular beds in it and if you're not in a lock off unit you loose the mini kitchen which makes it more so. The main living area is also much roomier then at BVW. Even though we are BWV owners we prefer OKW when we want to 'spread out'

It is 1071 sg. ft. Definitely feels like a two bedroom but 8 is a tight fit. What you get is:

1. A large master bedroom with a king bed; that is connected to a large master bath (which you can also enter from the living room); there is a walk-in closet through the master bath.

2. A small u-shaped kitchen next to which is a table with only two chairs. There are two bar stool type chairs along the counter of the kitchen.

3. An OK sized, but not large, living room, with a couch and lounge chair and a small coffee table and end table for the couch. Also a large TV in a cabinet. The couch is a pull-out queen.

3. A second-bedroom (the studio) which can be closed off from the living room. It has a queen bed and a couch which pulls out to a double sized bed. It has its own cabinet with a TV and a small table with two chairs. A mini-kitchen which is basically a sink and cabinet area with a half frig underneath and a microwave in the wall. It has its own bathroom and closet.

One thing you don't have much of is drawer space for clothes (basically 4 drawers in the master bedroom and 3 in the 2d bedroom)

If your concerned about privacy the 2 bdrm at BW does feel private. We have had 8 in it and felt like we had our own space in the master bedroom, and the teens had their own space in the "studio".
When my mom occasionally stays with us she likes the studio because she has the wet bar w/coffee maker, fridge and microwave. She can have stuff in her room and not bother anyone.

We do 8(5 adults, 3 kids under 7) in a two bedroom at BWV every year. Depending on how you do your sleeping arrangements, it can be very nice to put the kids to bed and still have the ability to watch TV in the main area, or have drinks available in the small fridge in the other room. My DH is an early riser, so he is able to make coffee in the 2nd bedroom without disturbing the people sleeping on the sofa bed in the main area.

I agree, there is not much drawer space. We usually go for six days, so I pack enough for four days and do laundry in the room.

Have a good trip.

OKW - last week
BWV - 1999, 2000, 2001

If you've always had 8 people in 2 hotel rooms, the BWV 2 bedroom will feel very spacious! You're basically getting another room that contains a kitchen/living area where 2 people can sleep, and the master bedroom is very private, where 2 people can sleep (it's a king bed..many families have reported little ones sharing their king bed!) The extra bedroom has plenty of space too, and when the sleeper sofa's are put back to a couch there is plenty of room to walk around.

There isn't a table large enough for 8 to eat at (you could squish 3/4 around it if you brought in chairs from the other bedroom), but there is enough seating around the livingroom area for everyone to have a seat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter