• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2-Cabins,1 or 2 KTTW cards?

sigafoos

Mouseketeer
We are traveling with 2 cabins, kids in one us in another. I want to be able to get in to both cabins and have the kids be able to do the same. Is it possible to have 1 KTTW card made so that it opens 2 different doors or will we have 2 cards, one for each cabin? Has anyone else done this?
Kim:p

Since 2 children can't be booked into the same cabin, your paperwork should reflect 1 adult and 1 child in each cabin. It doesn't matter where you sleep. Each of you will be issued a KTTW card, it will open the door for your assigned cabin.

We had the same scenario. I went to guest services because everyone needed to carry their own card, but I wanted to be able to get into the room I was actually sleeping in. The CM made 2 blank cards....no charging, no names....so I carried a blank one to get into the room I was sleeping in, and my husband's second card was to get into the kids room. We both carried our real cards too with our names and charging attached. I always had to give my room number as the one I was assigned to, not the one where I actually was when I shopped in the stores.

we had the same scenerio. The stewards can get into all rooms with one key, but Disney would not give one key to unlock both doors to guests. By the end of the week everyone had two keys and we kept misplacing the keys. You cannot get the second key until you are on board.

Wish I would have known this before our trip! Live and learn, we'll know for next time. Thanks for posting! ;)

We also had this problem.....teen were in one cabin but I needed to be able to get in their cabin and as well as our own. I explained the situation to guest service and got a blank KTTW card for their room, BUT BEWARE......make sure you have the correct card to use for disembarking and getting back on in port. We had to run all the way back to cabin because we mistakenly brought the blank card instead of the real card.

Just a heads up

MJ

Thanks everyone! We have our teens in one but I am actually listed as sleeping there. I knew I could get a card to get into both rooms but had hoped they could put it on one card. We are wait-listed for connecting rooms but as we are well past the 60 day mark and one hasn't opened up I think we are not going to get one. I know that there will be times they need something I packed and I will need something from them! They are 15,18 and 20 so it's not like they are little. I must admit that I sleep better once I know my 15ds is in the cabin and that is the main reason for the extra cabin key! On our cruise 2 years ago I hardly saw him.
Kim;)

Just curious
Does DCL require that at least one person in a cabin be over 21 at all times?
I understand that when making a reservation the 1st and 2nd passengers are charged as adults no matter what the age. They usually book as as 1 adult plus 2 in each room since we always book 2 rooms.
We have connecting rooms and will have our kids in one and us in the other for our March cruise.
For the next cruise we thought about booking one verandah room and a cat 11 across the hall for the kids. The kids would be 18, 16, 14, 12. I was under the impression that DCL would not allow us to do that because our oldest would only be 18. Can anyone clear this issue up for me.

padre: You have to have an adult booked into each room, but you can divide yourselves up and sleep where ever you want. That sounds like a great idea for a family with older teens!

We did have to have a person over 21 in each cabin so actually my DH and I are in different cabins but that is not how we will be. They have no way of knowing where you sleep and I don't think they care. It is just on the docs that way.
Kim

Can guest services do this before the ship leaves Port Canaveral? We had a stateroom problem on our trip, and they sent us back out to the terminal to get it resolved because they had no "power" until they were away from the terminal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter