• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2 Cents on BCV

colleen costello

<font color=FF99FF>Is in a "just back from OKW and
I PROMISED myself I would make time to post about the wonderful time we had at BCV. There have been lots of negatives posted and I wanted to share that our stay was all positive... Here's the scoop.

Check-in went fine. We had been at Port Orleans French Quarter and it was also very nice. Came over to Beach Club around noon and got checked in smoothly and with smiles. We had two studios and one was ready. We went into that room and realized it was MILES from the lobby. This would be hard for my parents so I called back down and pleaded their case. The lady I spoke to was extremely nice and agreed immediately to reassign my parents. They moved from our room (in the 60's with that icky service view road) down into the 20's with a lovely garden view. Their new room meant a lot less walking for them thoughout the week.

The resort is GORGEOUS. I swear the hallways are prettier than the rooms! Everything was clean and fresh and I often saw people working on keeping it so; one day a man was shampooing the carpets. I worried about the funky thermostats in the rooms but our room stayed fairly cold regardless. Mom did call maintenance because her room was not very cold. When she told the man she has asthma, he actually came back and installed a different thermostat which allowed her to set the temp as she liked. We were very impressed that there was no battle at all, just a genuine attempt to make her comfortable. Everyone we encountered was just as nice, from the servers at the restaurants to the clerks in the gift shop. I got a great picture of my parents with Art in the lobby!

The pool was amazing. We swam every afternoon. We always got a chair or two, even though it was busy. Every day we'd camp out by the deep "LAZY RIVER" part of the pool and float around forever. We had lunch twice at Hurricane Hannah's and it was good. Beaches and Cream was wonderful and we had "brunch" twice there after sleeping through breakfast. I got great pics of the kids with their sundaes. The sandy beach area was fun, and one night we took the boat over to Boardwalk. The whole area is just so full of fun and excitement! We had dinner at Cape May one night and loved it. Everything was delicious. I hate seafood so the perception that the seafood selections are skimpy was lost on me; I was just happy for all the beautiful veggies. Those Oreo bonbons rank right up there on the list of "best desserts at WDW" and our group consumed more than a few. It is so cool to stay at a resort where there are so many dining options right there. We spent a lot less time driving around this trip and that was a blessing since it was about 1,000 degrees out.

While I never saw any alligator in the canal, there were some very funky swimming turtles and the kids enjoyed those guys very much. We used the quiet pool some evenings and it was clean and warm. Really everything was wonderful. The couch in our room needed a good steam cleaning as it had some nasty stains on it, but that is a very minor thing. I also feel that the lower-level road-view rooms should probably cost a few points less (we never once used the balcony because all you could see was pavement) but that is just nit-picking. We had a magical stay and I am now GLAD we own our points at Beach Club. I have already made reservations for next July!

See you at WDW.

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. I'm glad to hear there is something at Cape May for those of us who don't eat seafood. We've never eaten dinner there because we assumed it was primarily seafood with little else to choose from. Based on your description, I think we'll give it a try!

Colleen,

You make me want to go home now!!! I have to pack for class tomorrow. Glad you had a great time!!

What a delightful post! We are heading to BCV in October for our first trip home. Thanks for putting in your positive observations :earsgirl:

Thanks for posting, sounds like you had a great time. Can't wait till next month when we will be there ourselves. :cheer2:

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay at BCV. I've always loved it there. Did you get to the BC Marketplace? If so, did you have any gelato?

Thank you so much for your post. We will hopefully be arriving there on Tuesday. I can not wait and your post made me even more excited!

I am glad you had a great stay!! :flower:

Great report. BCV really is the crown gem of all the onsite DVC resorts. :goodvibes There are so many nice things about it. We think its the best.

Thanks for the great report. Glad you and your family had a wonderful trip. I also found Cape May to be a good buffet for those of us that are not seafood lovers.

MarketPlace is a wonderful addition to the resort, for those of you who have not been since it opened. The selection of souvenirs is great, and we bought supplies to use in the room. There is a small but solid selection of frozen and refrigerated items. There is a bakery case with muffins and desserts, and a small selection of sandwiches. My parents bought and used the refillable mugs. I had read here about the gelato and brought my family in for a snack. Everyone LOVED it. It was so smooth and refreshing on a hot day. Get the lemon! I also liked how there are now some small tables just outside the MarketPlace, on the patio toward the Villas. I often saw families gathered there enjoying some take-out goodies. The resort has so many nice spots to just sit and enjoy the scenery.

BCV was our first DVC contract. We have only been there once. Now I really need to plan our next stay there! Going to VWL at Christmas, but next time BCV!!!!

Glad to hear you had a great time. I love the service road view, but I do agree I would not want to be on a lower floor with that view. I have only been on the top floor on that side. I love to see Spaceship Earth out the window especially at night when it is all lit up.
On my last trip I got the last room on that side above where the dumpsters are. I was worried about being there because I had read that some people had complained about that location. I do agree that is was always lit up very brightly and it was a bit noisy due to the big trucks going in and out but I ended up loving it. The view of the fireworks was great and we even got to see a special xmas fireworks display they were working on around midnight. They did call us and warn us it might be little noisy that evening, so we stayed up to watch it and ,WOW, it was beautiful. Oh, I am rambling now! :rotfl: You just made me miss it there! Hopefully I will go back next Oct. 2006. :sunny:

I appreciate the "all positive" post. Our stay at BCV was that way. I especially appreciate your not blowing the service road view and couch stain way out of proportion and making it the centerpiece of your post.

BCV is fantastic! :earsboy:

We just got back from our first stay at BCV's a couple of weeks ago and I fear I'm spoiled forever!!!! I LOVED it!! I can not wait to go back and as we speak I'm trying to convince DH we need to add on BC points if we can get them!!

I appreciate reading all reviews of BCV, positive or negative. But I'm really happy to read about your awesome stay. Thanks! Can't wait for our first trip home to BCV in December!

I'm glad to read such a positive report. I'm really looking forward to staying at BC sometime in the near future. I also liked how you included a couple small negatives but didn't let that set the tone for your entire report.

I couldn't agree with your positive post. This was our first trip to BCV and I was a bit apprehensive based on some things I have read here. I was happy to report that all was perfect and I really love this resort. Once they change the sleeper couch to the mattresses like OKW has, there will be nothing I think they could improve.I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. Glad to hear you had a terrific time too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter