2 credit TS

LilyWDW

Going to My Happy Place
Okay, so I was looking at some of my choices, thought I had it all sorted out, when I remembered "Awww shoot! I have to head to Universal City Walk to hit the Hard Rock Cafe one of these nights!". (I collect Hard Rock pins and bears from the cities I go to, so it is for that that I wish to go, not to actually GO to Universal).

We will be on the DDP and quite obviously Hard Rock does not accept it :rotfl2: As such, we will now have an extra table service credit to use. So, my mother and I have decided we will plan a 2 credit meal at one of the signiture dining experience restaurants! :banana:

Since I had not even thought about these as a possibility, I have NO idea what any of those restaurants are like! Was keeping my attention on the 1 credit ones since that is what I had planned on. SO, what I am asking is that if anyone has any suggestions, reviews, or information on the 2 credit restaurants! Please help a poor girl out :blush:

Well, let's start with what kind of food do you like?
Which is more important - the view or the food (and remember, just because the restaurant looks, for example, out onto the King'd Herb Garden doesn't mean that's where you'll be seated).
Do you want princesses around or do you not care about the characters?
Are you adventurous at all?
In what type of setting would you wish to dine - and is the setting even that important or does the food matter more?

Where are you planning to eat so far?

I guess that information WOULD be very important wouldn't it! :lmao: Sorry! hehe

The food would be the most important part of the experience I think for all involved. My DBF calls me a "food snob" since I went to Europe over X-Mas. I ate in small cafes that were not that visually appealing, but had the best food I have ever had.

I enjoy so many types of food and I am always willing to try something new (just recently had Indian food and OMG YUM! :banana: ). I am NOT a huge fish or pork fan, but I love pasta, chicken, steak, vegies, shell fish, ect. Most of the group I am traveling at red meat eaters above all else, but no one really has any food issues and I think most would be willing to try anything.

We already have a character meal in the plans (Crystal Palace dinner on our Magic Kingdom day). None of our meals are set in stone yet (we are not going until mid next year, but when you don't live near the whole group... you have to start early), but I have suggested Boma (arrival day), Le Cellier (epcot day), and Mama Melrose's Fantasmic Package (MGM day) as well as CP. So that leaves me with one of two other nights for this dinner.

Hope that helps!

Well, I would go with either California Grill or Citricos. In my opinion, both are equally good, offering some of the best food I've ever had in a restaurant. Service is top-notch and the settings in each are beautiful. California Grill is at the Contemporary with gorgeous views of MK. If you time it right, you can see the fireworks while you eat. Citricos is at the Grand Floridian, which is one of my favorite hotels.

Either way, I don't think you can go wrong. Enjoy!!

By the way, we are doing the same thing. We are heading to Citywalk the day we go to Seaworld. The only difference is that we are heading to Margaritaville. My goal is to visit all of them. I've been to the ones in Myrtle Beach and Las Vegas. Orlando will make three. :woohoo:

My two favourite meals were at Jiko and Cali Grill.

The experience was the best part at CG, and the ravioli was quite amazing!

BUT, I think my favourite dish was at Jiko... the best filet I've ever had! And surprisingly, it came with macaroni and cheese with a yummy red wine sauce!!!! I highly recommend this one! :goodvibes

If you are steak fans, try to Yacht Club Steakhouse. Have a relaxing dinner and then walk some of it off at Boardwalk or EPCOT. Very nice. :goodvibes

I forgot about Cali Grill! I have always wanted to try that place... hmmm may have to suggest that one.

Thank you for the suggestions so far. I would love some more as well.

I started my Hard Rock collecting when I was over in Europe. I have Rome, London, Paris, Munich, Amsterdam, Gatlinburg TN, New York NY, and Indianapolis IN... so really wanting to add to it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter