!/2 Day What to Do?

bman113

Earning My Ears
This will be our first time at WDW (2 adults & 1 child). We arrive in Orlando at 11am on 02/05/08 and depart 02/10/08. We plan on doing an early check in at OKW resort and starting our WDW adventure. However, where should we start? We are looking for suggestions on where we should go that first day. BTW, we have the remainder of the trip planned but not the first ½ day. Thanks. :dance3:

I'd suggest taking the boat to DTD and strolling around. You could even take a bus to the Boardwalk area and check out the shops, grab a dinner, play a round of mini golf, etc.

OKW is an amazing resort in itself and it wouldn't be a bad idea to take the afternoon to explore and enjoy! I'm not sure how old the child is, but you could always rent a boat from the marina and cruise around the River. You could always arrange for a dinner at DTD and spent the night shopping and touring before returning back to get some rest for the morning.

To take boat from OKW to DTD and explore some and have a nice dinner somewhere in DTD.Or go over to Fort Wilderness and explore and visit pettting farm.Trails Inn at FW has a great buffet maybe you could enjoy dinner there and then take a hayride offered at FW. :goodvibes :goodvibes

Good suggestions here. Another option: do a monorail loop around the resorts. You'll get a nice feel for the other resorts, you can see the gift shops, and there are many places to eat (thought you might want an ADR for most of them).

It certainly isn't a bad idea to get back to your room fairly early to chill and get some rest for all the excitement that lies ahead.:earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter