2 days out and my body is against me...

MrsCies

Mouseketeer
2 days until I leave for the world (YAY!!!). Well, on Tuesday, I somehow managed to sprain a calf muscle while out for a job. I am going to have to rent a scooter - I will feel odd as I am 31 and appear healthy but there is no way I can walk miles for 7 days straight without a lot of pain. It is what it is!

Then I was up all last night with a terrible sinus infection. I am miserable today. Does anyone have any tried and true ways to shorten a cold? Went to the Dr hoping to get RX flu meds but my strep came back negative (yay!) and she wouldn't test for influenza.

That's a lot of blabbering but any advice on scooter use while in the parks and cold remedies before I leave would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you!!

Last edited:
You might want to head over to the disAbility forum. There is a ton of information about scooter rental and use.

But I wouldn't mention feeling silly. There are many people that look healthy, are young, but use a wheelchair or scooter. Many of them use it full time.

You might want to head over to the disAbility forum. There is a ton of information about scooter rental and use.

But I wouldn't mention feeling silly. There are many people that look healthy, are young, but use a wheelchair or scooter. Many of them use it full time.

Thank you! I will do that. I apologize for the verbiage. Some do need them for sure!! I just feel bad taking up space from others who need them all the time. New for me and others need them so much more - I was afraid people would judge me for using one when I don't "appear" to need one. :)

I came home from work early for a sinus infection! My face hurt sooo much even my teeth hurt. I was told try putting a hot wash rag on my face and t is loosening and relieving pressure.

Use a nasal decongestant like Afrin with Vicks in it. It really opens things up. Drink lots and lots of fluids to thin the mucus. Flying could be very painful so be prepared.

I suffer with chronic sinus headaches. I take 2 sudifed 30mg and 3 advil. It's the only combination that works for me. I always have them in my Disney bag just in case one hits me there. The advil would help with your leg pain as well. Hope you have a great trip!

I believe I would be going to a different doctor. Usually if I explain I am leaving on a trip soon, they will do everything they can to speed up recovery. I'd also request a steriod shot! =)

Use the scooter if you need it. This is your time to enjoy the park, and a scooter can really extend your energy levels and minimize your pain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter