2 guys and 1 mouse.

wallyb

<font color=blue>Love My Stella-rella!<br><font co
Anyone got any great ideas for 2 adults visiting WDW (in November)
for the first time with out kids?

We’ve taken my 2 nephews 6 times prior -
and will again; but this trips just us.

Staying at AKL in the Concierge rooms
if that helps with the recommendations.

Animal Kingdom Lodge offers some kind of Sunrise Safari for those who stay on the Concierge floor. It's an additional charge, but from what I've heard, it is phenominal.

If you can splurge, a dinner at Victoria & Albert's is always a great special occassion meal.

We are looking forward to our next trip to Fort Wilderness when we will rent a golf cart and just ride around looking at all the different coaches and taking easy.

Randall

:rainbow:

Dinner in the Castle, California Grill and O'hana's. If you time your meals right at these three places the desert is served as the fireworks go off. (That usually guarentees fireworks back at the room :rotfl2: )

Pleasure Island on Thursday and Saturdays is pretty fun.

Rent Water Mice from any of the MK resorts, just head to the Marina, lots of fun!

Take a backstage tour or some kind, they offer all kinds, I want to do the train one next!

Thats all I can think of right now........

I would recommend dinner at Jiko too. Get the right table and it can be very romantic.

I've heard the Segway tours in epcot are pretty fun. Unfortunately, DH & I can't go on them because there's a weight restriction (not by Disney...Segway's weight capacity is 250 pounds..."Hey, I'm 6'5" and big-boned").

wallyb said:

First of all cocktails at Victoria Falls and dinner at Jiko's. That's what I did with a group of friends when I threw myself a 50th birthday party this past summer in WDW.

Another great adult activity that we've done with friends is "drink around the world." stopping at each country in the World Showcase and having a little bevy. Keep in mind that it's all about pacing. You can then, if you can still stand up, head over to the Boardwalk for a nice dinner.

Another one of our favorite activities (and yes, we do do things that don't involve alcohol) is to rent bikes at VWL and follow the trails through the woods to FW for lunch at Trails End, or rent a boat and go out on Bay Lake and take the water bridge over the MK area.

Oh I forgot about drinking around the world, one of my favorites. Start with a margarita in mexico, and while you sip that grab an egg roll in china, some pastry in Norway. Beer and a pretzel in germany, chocolates in Italy.......you get the idea. Watch out for England, that pub can be addictive, you will want to at least have a Labatts in Canada before the fireworks!

the most romantic place in the whole of the park is watching the fireworks over the castle from the beach out side the grand floridian,i know your not staying their but its worth a vist.
Also dinner at the Victoria and Albert, beautiful! you cant get better! :thumbsup2

SeattleRedBear said:
I've heard the Segway tours in epcot are pretty fun. Unfortunately, DH & I can't go on them because there's a weight restriction (not by Disney...Segway's weight capacity is 250 pounds..."Hey, I'm 6'5" and big-boned").

My friend who owns the most Segways (I think he has 4 now), weighs about 350. Works fine for him, but you can see the platform flex a bit when he gets on.

/carmi

Kevin&Randall said:
Animal Kingdom Lodge offers some kind of Sunrise Safari for those who stay on the Concierge floor. It's an additional charge, but from what I've heard, it is phenominal.

If you can splurge, a dinner at Victoria & Albert's is always a great special occassion meal.

We are looking forward to our next trip to Fort Wilderness when we will rent a golf cart and just ride around looking at all the different coaches and taking easy.

Randall

:rainbow:

I agree with Randall. I haven't gotten to do this myself, but I saw a show on the Travel Channel (I think) shortly after the park or the AKL opened. Most of the animals sleep during most of the park hours. They get fed first thing in the morning. You get to see more animals. The Sunrise Safari tram makes frequent stops to get to see the animals and they are a lot more active. You also get a guide on the tram that explains what you are seeing and answers questions vs. the Kilamanjari usual rhetoric.

The times we have done the "K" Safari, we have gone as soon as the park opens and ride it first. I haven't seen and entire lion yet...just a bit of a head here and there. I've never been on a safari where we had to stop to let an animal move, like I have seen in various shows where celebrities have taken the tour.

I often think of the line from Jurassic Park, "Now you are going to have dinosaurs on this tour?" I also think about experts talking Walt Disney out of having real animals on the Jungle Cruise in Disneyland, because they would be sleeping during most of park hours when it is so hot.

If I ever go for the Concierge level of Animal Kingdom, I would definitely take advantage of that perk. Can you tell I'm jealous? Have a great time!

Dan and I stayed conceirge at AKL last December...what a great time we had. We were surprised by our travel mates (Deb and Linda over at allearsnet) by a sunrise safari over in Animal Kingdom. We supposedly got to see some animals that they rarely get to see...both the lion and lioness, the cheetahs, the baby rhino, etc. It was cool because they stop and let you take pics etc.

We also partook in the free alcohol in the lounge...come to find out, unless it was just us, that you could order wine and beer all day for free. We had some of the best hostesses there, but for the life of me, I can't remember their names. They were great with us, not a care in the world that we were obviously gay (asking for a king bed for two men).

I would definitely go eat at Jiko's too...

wallyb said:

I know I want to do the World Showcase Segway tour. They teach you how to ride a Segway, and then you motor around the World Showcase. That sounds like a lot of fun to me.

(I'm not sure if I'll be able to do that on my next trip because I don't know if I'll be able to lose enough weight to meet the weight limitation, but I'm going to try. If not my next trip, then the trip after that. :) )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter