2 more sleeps!… not even that, I am live at the Fort! Boo hoo hoo, it’s raining…. No odds… but tomorrow is check out day!!

On a side note. It's funny how your brain fills in things it thinks should be there instead of what is. I always wondered what the reason behind your screen name "Walking the FROG" was. LOL..

I glanced so fast I thought it was walking the dog and started singing that song from the 60s ?
Probably had a dance to match .

Okay.
Be forewarned 1/2 marathon
Roads close Sunday Morn about 4:30 and I think the route includes Epcot to MK ?

81FD075E-30D7-48D5-A8E5-D2BD373CA574.png

Also tonight is the end of Daylight Savings Time
We will fall back one hour to return Florida to Standard Time and will match the states that do not observe such as Arizona .

lol, we have a lot of fog on the Rock (Newfoundland), so it feels like we usually are walking/running/camping etc in the fog!
No frogs involved, but I have walked my dear departed dog in the fog!

It’s a great trip so far!

I followed Bama Ed’s sage advice on how to optimize my chances of my preferred site, and ultimately have my no. 1 pick!
Would have gotten one of my six requested sites in any case it appears, but fine tuned it by early arrival!

The weather is hot and sticky, had a few coolish nights (I was great with my cotton blend sheets & 2 cheap fleece blankets. But sis picked up a mini heater AND a clearance priced fan.

We picked up a mini fridge. (OLAF!) on FBmarketplace so no need for cooler and ice replenishing!
… have not noticed the ice stations.. where are they anyway?

Oh,lol: Stopped at the meadows store yesterday for an icecream Mickey, they were the same price as a 2-4 serving tub of Edy’s icecream there! I got the tub, wrapped it in brown paper bag & hightailed it back to Cottontail Curl to share!
Grateful for wee freezer in fridge (Olaf) to store the leftover. guess you could say Olaf has brainfreeze!

Welcome! We are also here at the Fort from New Brunswick. Finding it pretty hot and sticky, glad for the AC in the motorhome. Enjoy your stay fellow Atlantic Canadian!

Quick ice is sold from a vending machine on one side of the comfort stations. They have bags there and you hold the bag under the chute as it falls in.

IMO that ice was too watery in my past experiences so i buy conventional bag ice at the Meadow TP. You pay inside of course but the ice used to be stored outside. However, that might be too much ice.

Glad to here things are well so far.

Bama Ed

Welcome! We are also here at the Fort from New Brunswick. Finding it pretty hot and sticky, glad for the AC in the motorhome. Enjoy your stay fellow Atlantic Canadian!
You too! N

It‘s not the weather we’re used to, for sure!

We’ve been keeping our ears open for any familiar east Canada accents (or licence plates!). None so far! You’re our first Atlantic Canadians!

Last edited:
Okay.
Be forewarned 1/2 marathon
Roads close Sunday Morn about 4:30 and I think the route includes Epcot to MK ?

View attachment 807644!

Also tonight is the end of Daylight Savings Time
We will fall back one hour to return Florida to Standard Time and will match the states that do not observe such as Arizona .
I forgot about the time change, but my watch and all devices automatically updated thank goodness… I was sure very thankful for the extra hour sleep before the half marathon!

I took Disney transport back to the fort from the race… But I asked my sister to drive down to the Outpost from the campsite to pick me up… She took a wrong turn somehow (we’re not judging here!)… ended up at Coronado springs. Yeah, you know it: She then got stuck in all those Road closures!

I took Disney transport back to the fort from the race… But I asked my sister to drive down to the Outpost from the campsite to pick me up… She took a wrong turn somehow (we’re not judging here!)… ended up at Coronado springs. Yeah, you know it: She then got stuck in all those Road closures!

My DW ended up in Daytona one year b4 she realized she'd made a wrong turn when I did the January Marathon.

IMO It's a good thing there is bus transport from the race finish lines back to the Disney resorts. Good for me, anyway. :rolleyes: I got back to the Fort WAY-y-y-y-y before DW (and the kids) did.

It happens. :confused3

Ed

Last edited:
Anyone here in loops 1500 or 1600 hear a large crash before the rain started last night.

Before the rain started last night (? 11), the wind picked up a wee bit first… Night owl sis was out in the hammock, and heard a loud cracking noise a short distance away, and not too long after a huge crash! she walked around with flashlight, couldn’t see anything nearby to explain it.

She didn’t sleep much during the night (I thought it was the rain that kept her up, but she said later it was not knowing and wondering anything else was to come crashing down).

She was up and out before 7am…. A large limb of a nearby tree came down 15-20 ft from the hammock, taking several branches on its crash down!

At least it wasn’t an alligator, I figured ……she retorted alligators don’t often climb & fall out of high trees!
lol, neighbour’s comment was, but bears could!

Didn't hear your tree limb fall up here in Alabama but one afternoon years back (Apr 2013) when I checked into the Fort, a limb fell off a tree in loop 200 and knocked a slide-out dinette from its travel trailer.

IMG_20130411_124528_zps233580d4.jpg

IMG_20130411_124607_zpsfe523fc8.jpg

It had fallen that morning and Disney hustled out there and took down the offending tree (2nd pick) and were helping the trailer owner (1st pick). They got rid of the evidence quickly, apparently, so you and sis should count yourselves as lucky.

Thanks for the update. Hope you continue to enjoy your stay.

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter