• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2 Oasis questions

jlay68

Mouseketeer
We are leaving out of Port Canaveral March 2017. First time on RC after 3 DCL cruises.

My 2 questions:

1. I have read that you can bring non-alcoholic beverages. My plan is to get a case of water, slap a tag on it and give it to the porters. Has anyone tried this?

2. On disembarkation day, we have a 1:30pm flight out of Sanford airport. Getting through Disney customs was always pretty quick. How about getting off the Oasis? Is it efficient or do I need to get off pretty early to make that flight? We also have to pick up a rental car on the way out.

Thanks!!

Technically you're not supposed to bring soda or water. However it's usually not enforced. I have read about it being enforced on some Spring Break cruises. Many people do exactly what you are planning on with no problems.

Sorry I can't help you with the second question. I've never sailed out of PC.

We brought a case of water on at PC. The porter would not accept it with a tag so we had to lug it ourselves. DH said never again. Some unload the case into a zipped carry on with no issue.

You should make the 1:30 flight. Customs is quick. Seek out a porter and you'll be through a special line much quicker.

We are leaving out of Port Canaveral March 2017. First time on RC after 3 DCL cruises.

My 2 questions:

1. I have read that you can bring non-alcoholic beverages. My plan is to get a case of water, slap a tag on it and give it to the porters. Has anyone tried this?

2. On disembarkation day, we have a 1:30pm flight out of Sanford airport. Getting through Disney customs was always pretty quick. How about getting off the Oasis? Is it efficient or do I need to get off pretty early to make that flight? We also have to pick up a rental car on the way out.

Thanks!!

We have just completed our first RCI Cruise (Out of Port Canaveral) in January after having completed 8 DCL Cruises previously. We were not familiar with their bring on policy and had a six pack of Diet Pepsi and a 8 pack of water that we put in our luggage. No problems with either. As far as getting off the ship we went down around 6:30 am and we were in our vehicle on the road by 7:15. So you can get off early if you rake your own bags down and get in line early.

Unless something has changed, RC has always let us bring on cases of water. Just nothing but water. I have never put them in a bag, and the porters have always taken them as luggage.

I have been on Oasis and Freedom of the Seas.

We sailed the Oasis out of Port Canaveral Christmas week. Disembarking took a long time. We did not do early walk off. We were assigned a 9:30 time to get off the ship. It was a little after 10 before they called our group off the ship. It was easy to find our bags. The line for customs was very long took about 30 minutes.

We sailed the Oasis out of Port Canaveral Christmas week. Disembarking took a long time. We did not do early walk off. We were assigned a 9:30 time to get off the ship. It was a little after 10 before they called our group off the ship. It was easy to find our bags. The line for customs was very long took about 30 minutes.

we took our very first RCL cruise Jan. 8th. we have been on 8 Disney cruises previously. we took our own luggage down around 6:15 and were off around 07:00 off by 0700.

First Oasis was end of November in Jr. Suite. Walked down at 5:50AM, was off by 6:45AM, in car and heading home by 7:00AM. Allowed to bring on a case of water and a 12 pack of soda.

Disembarking off the Oasis was a breeze compared to the Disney cruises.

You can always change your disembark time to the earliest time at guest services if you tell them you have a flight

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter