2 questions- Morimoto Lunch and 8yo ordering off adult menu

Violet Parr

DIS Veteran
Am I understanding correctly that Morimoto lunch is a single dining credit and for dinner it is a signature?

Also, I have an 8yo that found a lot of the kids meals last year to be toddler-sized. 8-9yo eat a lot more than 3yo do, of course. I suspect our only option is going to be to pay oop for any additional items or adult entrees we order for him, but I figured I'd check to be sure that there is no option to upgrade to an adult item. I'm mostly thinking about counter service here.

Thanks!

VP

Am I understanding correctly that Morimoto lunch is a single dining credit and for dinner it is a signature?

Also, I have an 8yo that found a lot of the kids meals last year to be toddler-sized. 8-9yo eat a lot more than 3yo do, of course. I suspect our only option is going to be to pay oop for any additional items or adult entrees we order for him, but I figured I'd check to be sure that there is no option to upgrade to an adult item. I'm mostly thinking about counter service here.

Thanks!

VP

For QS, your 8 yr old can order an adult meal. As of right now, Disney is not separating the QS credits into adult and child, and they apparently don't care to enforce their "kids must order from an adult menu where available" line on the plan.

I was hoping someone would confirm that it is 1 credit for lunch. On the Disney site, the menus look identical, so this would be a great value for lunch.

I found a Disney dining plan brochure and it appears to list lunch as a non-signature, and dinner as a signature. Fingers crossed, because the menu is completely the same. Funny that it would be 1 credit at 3 and 2 credits at 6. :)

For 2017, Morimoto Lunch is 1TS credit. 2018 contracts are not yet negotiated so this is absolutely subject to change.

I have a reservation for Jan 2nd, and it still shows as 1 credit. hopefully it doesn’t change on us tomorrow.

I have a reservation for Jan 2nd, and it still shows as 1 credit. hopefully it doesn’t change on us tomorrow.

The 2018 brochure doesn't list Morimoto at all yet, so you can't go by what you're seeing for now. The non-Disney restaurants won't show up on the brochure until sometime mid January. Let us know what happens for you on the 2nd.

The 2018 brochure doesn't list Morimoto at all yet, so you can't go by what you're seeing for now. The non-Disney restaurants won't show up on the brochure until sometime mid January. Let us know what happens for you on the 2nd.
Will do. The reservation information shows one credit still, but I understand that might change. I’ll let you know tomorrow :)

I posted this to the other thread too, but wanted to follow up here as well..

========

I went ahead and called, since I wanted to know so I could plan (my daughter is looking forward to this meal #1).

I spoke to the manager.

They WILL be changing to 2-ticket lunch *sometime* this year, but the date has not be announced. It will not be immediately, and it will continue to be 1 ticket for the near future. She specifically addressed my question of this week, and that it will be 1 ticket at lunch.

Interesting. With the menu just about the same, a real bargain at lunch.

Interesting. With the menu just about the same, a real bargain at lunch.
We were thinking that too. My daughter really wanted to go, and since it is 1 credit at lunch, I couldn’t see why not.

When we went this time last year, the lunch menu was not the same as the dinner menu. It made sense that the lunch would be a different credit amount.

It is the same now. We had the best seat in the house, and my daughter (9) was POSITIVE she recognized the chef as someone she saw on “a cooking show”.

She got to meet Top Chef season 3 winner Hung Huynh, which made her trip.

Attachments

• 1745DE38-2CF1-4F4B-8343-A16A5091A9F2.jpeg
    1745DE38-2CF1-4F4B-8343-A16A5091A9F2.jpeg
    59.8 KB · Views: 28
It is the same now. We had the best seat in the house, and my daughter (9) was POSITIVE she recognized the chef as someone she saw on “a cooking show”.

She got to meet Top Chef season 3 winner Hung Huynh, which made her trip.
That's awesome!

We are just coming up to our 180 day mark and my daughter wanted to go here for lunch too but I have a feeling it will have changed by then lol!

Just as a side thought.... you can make your child a WDW adult. It means a small increase on adult ticket price but also means you can get all adult meals for him.

I posted this to the other thread too, but wanted to follow up here as well..

========

I went ahead and called, since I wanted to know so I could plan (my daughter is looking forward to this meal #1).

I spoke to the manager.

They WILL be changing to 2-ticket lunch *sometime* this year, but the date has not be announced. It will not be immediately, and it will continue to be 1 ticket for the near future. She specifically addressed my question of this week, and that it will be 1 ticket at lunch.

Not doubting it will change to a signature sometime this year. As of January 2018, LUNCH is still ONE credit.

@Colleen27 posted the newest DDP Restaurant list:

The official list was updated about a week ago to add the "missing" restaurants.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/m...ld/en_us/PDF/Jan_2018_DDP_Locations_added.pdf

If the fine print on the bottom right corner of the second page doesn't say "0118V5" hit Ctrl + F5 to force your browser to retrieve the current version instead of loading an old one from your cache. If you're on an iPad/iPhone, open in a new tab for the current version.

Just as a side thought.... you can make your child a WDW adult. It means a small increase on adult ticket price but also means you can get all adult meals for him.

This only works with FREE dining, otherwise, it's not only the cost of the ticket, but you also pay adult price for dining which is quite a bit more than a kid and negates the value of having kids on the dining plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter