2 questions this morning!

vasoccermom

Mouseketeer
1) Do the restaurants (even the counter service ones) have a card or something that provides the nutrition information? My DS has been diagnosed w/diabetes since the last time we visited so now we're counting carbs...

2) Hope this question doesn't sound too naive: We're staying at AKL and I booked reservations at Boma for the first night. Is priority seating something totally different and if so, is there something I should ask for at Boma?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Karen

I don't know about the "nutritional fact sheets". But, in "Disney-Speak" a ressie and Priority Seating are the same...I think you actually have a PS at Boma and not a "ressie", the difference is- to most people a ressie means you WILL be seated at 7pm, if your time is for 7pm. At Disney, you can be delayed for awhile, but go to the "top of the list" for when a table opens up...hence the term "priority seating". You'll get the first available table after 7pm.

1. yes, every single restaurant, including counter service SHOULD have ingredient lists and such available, though you might want to call each park ahead of time and talk to the person in charge of restaurants. they can tell you for sure if these items are available. i know that i was misdiagnosed with Celiac Sprue disease before our spring trip, and they will provide a detailed ingredient list at every restaurant for those with medical issues and such, so I would *think* nutritional things would be included. But each park has a head person over the food, you can contact them to verify. I would also check out the disability board on here, as there are many diff people with diff issues that may have already done that research for you.

2. priority seating IS a reservation... so what you have is a PS, and you're set! Enjoy Boma!

Please hold the flame throwers, but a Priority Seating is not the same as a traditional restaurant reservation.

Reservation = a table is held for your party at the specified time.

Priority Seating = you're supposed to get the next available table appropriate for your party's size.

WDWRich:
Then tell me...does WDW issue ressies at all or is everything PS?
I ask because my DD is a recently diagnosed diabetic and we need to stay fairly close to schedule with her meal times...
Karen

I think WDW is all PS's. We have never had to wait more than 15 minutes for a PS and that was at the Princess Storybook breakfast.

Originally posted by vasoccermom
WDWRich:
Then tell me...does WDW issue ressies at all or is everything PS?
I ask because my DD is a recently diagnosed diabetic and we need to stay fairly close to schedule with her meal times...
Karen

No, they don't, but I have never even waited 5 min for a meal with a PS. I know there have been some people that have waited looooooong times at some restaurants, but I would *think* you could arrive a few minutes early to each PS and let the hostess know that because of a medical condition, you need to find out if your seating will be quick... if they know there are 4000 people ahead of you, maybe you can switch to someplace else? So I wouldn't think you'd have a problem BUT it wouldn't hurt a bit to ask when you check in about potential wait times.

I think Disney is pretty good about getting people seated as closely to their PS time as possible.

Have a great trip!

i wouldn't chance waiting on a ps without having something on hand to eat just in case. we waited at 3 places, 2 with ps for an hr or more our last trip which was in Jan , when it is dead slow.( scifi lunch-all told waited about an hr and 45 mins till we got seated and got our food, ohana dinner & Kona for breakfast ( 1 hr each to be seated plus 10-15 mins to get our food)

The dinner shows (such as Hoo-Dee-Doo and the Luau) may actually be traditional reservations. I say this for two reasons-
(1) A credit card deposit or payment in full is required.
(2) Seating is assigned based on when you booked the meal/show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter