• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2 studios at Polynesian how do I make sure we are close or connecting rooms

jodywgirl

DIS Veteran
So we are going to be at the Polynesian in 2 studios April 28th thru May 5th. My daughter and her family in one and My husband, me and stepdaughter in the other. How can I request connecting rooms or at least rooms close together.

Call, chat, or email member services and ask them to note the request on both reservations. Then stop by the front desk when you arrive. Beyond that there is nothing more you can do, and as they will tell you, this is always a request not a guarantee.

Put in through MS a "traveling with" request as noted above for "connecting studios." Since it is being done very late in the reservation process, you should also go to front desk when you arrive and ask for connecting studios. Usually, there is a high probability of getting that request granted since every studio at Poly (except for two) connects to another studio. However, I do not know if the lateness of your request will have an impact.

99% of studios at POLY connect. You booked the best resort for that request.

Last edited:

Put in through MS a "traveling with" request as noted above for "connecting studios." Since it is being done very late in the reservation process, you should also go to front desk when you arrive and ask for connecting studios. Usually, there is a high probability of getting that request granted since every studio at Poly (except for two) connects to another studio. However, I do not know if the lateness of your request will have an impact.
Yes, while the probability each studio will connect to another studio is high, the probability that they won’t connect to each other is also high since the room assigners have no idea that the 2 reservations are linked unless you tell them they are, thus unless you tell them via chat, email, or phone the probability is that the studios won’t connect to each other.
I’ve read rooms may be assigned a week ahead & OP is now 6 days from arrival so I’d call member services ASAP, despite the ridiculous hold times, because I’d be concerned e-mail would take longer to get forwarded. If OP isn’t a member they’ll have to ask the member they are renting from to make the request for them.

Thanks for your help I hopped on chat this morning and got the request in.
And when you check in at the front desk, just ask them if they were able to put you together and if not, maybe they will be able to adjust things for your then!

Just curious, which chat? When I went into chat, I was told they couldn’t see DVC reservations.

Are you a DVC owner or renter? Only owners have access to the chat feature on the DVC website to make requests.

Are you a DVC owner or renter? Only owners have access to the chat feature on the DVC website to make requests.
Owner! Thank you. I did a chat request through the Disney app. I’ll do the website tomorrow.

Very good chance for this. If you have non-connecting rooms when it assigns in the app, go to front desk. This is a request Disney should be able to handle.

Even if you chat, I would stop by the front desk. They were able to do this for my family, but when I went to the front desk and said I had already made the request online and wanted to double-check if they could help me, the CM looked like there were no notes or anything. She went ahead and made some changes to give us connecting rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter