2 those of you who went on abd trip w/low occupancy....

knewton64

- May the luck of the Irish always be with you -
..... how were you treated? did you feel that your small group bonded 'ok'?
did ABD treat you in a nice way? did you feel that anywhere along the way, was there a "cut-back" in services , etc due to low occupancy??
anything else u can share with me please?

reason why I ask is my ABD trip, slated for Sept 2009, is only at 50% (20 people) I am wondering if we will be viewed/treated as "Third class citizens/passengers" (by everyone...from abd to the hotels, merchants, etc) because of our low occupancy.

thank u 4 listening as this is my very 1st ABD trip as this issue has me feeling :scared1:

We went on the 6/21 Africa trip. There were only 16 on our trip plus our 2 guides. I never felt like we were treated any differently. We had a great trip. Our group included our family of 5, another family of 5, a family of 4 and a husband and wife. The other two families with kids had been on a previous ABD together. Our group bonded well. The kids all hung out together. We had lots of special treats and events. The hotels all treated us very well. The guides were able to give everyone lots of attention. I can't think of anything bad to say. It'll be great - just different than your previous trip.

I can't imagine why anyone would treat you any different. Just because there are fewer people really makes no difference...your hotels remain the same, your activities will be the same, you still get the same great Disney service from the guides. In fact you will probably get more personal service since it is a smaller group. On our ABD trip to Peru last year, there were only 24, and on our recent ABD to the Southwest, we were full at 40....did not notice any difference whatsoever in how we were treated.

Please don't worry about this....you will have an amazing trip regardless of the number of people...in fact your "little" group may bond faster than a large one...that's a positive:)

We were in Peru in May - only 18 of us. Last year we visited Costa Rica with 40+. The smaller group was better, no comparison. Indeed, we had the two Disney guides, and a third guide through some of the National Parks like Machu Picchu. Additionally, we had a "guide in training" along too, so really four guides for 18 people. My kids were spoiled - we had two of the three kids - and they received more one on one attention the first day than the entire trip with the large group. We saw no deliberate changes to the plans because of the smaller group. (We had many changes in plan due to unforseen circumstances, which made us appreciate Disney all the more!)

Enjoy!

I have been on 2 ABD Trip
BSM 2008 & Knights and Lights 2009 .
BSM we had 21 people and it was wonderful...the guides were incredible and the bonding was almost instant.

Knights and Lights was 20 ( adult only) and it was also incredible.

I do feel that there are advantages to smaller groups, ie you get to know people quicker because there are less to get to know and the guides have
more time with to devote to each person.

IMO - smaller is better.

We went to South Africa with Kidcoos3. We had a wonderful time. We have been on 4 ABD's, the most crowded one had 26 people. More expensive tours limit the number of people to provide more individual service. You are getting that service for the lower price. ABD has a minimum number of people to run a tour too, so you can't get below 11 or 12 people. Also, you have more room on the bus.

O heck no by the second day everyone knew everyone and by the end of the tour It was like we knew each other for years.As for the hotels everything was as promised didn't fell like we were short changed.Their were 29 including the guides.Maria and Kim I can't say enough good about them.Remember breath deep and slow:thumbsup2 it will happen.

I agree with everyone else. My Southwest Splendors tour last year had 14 people on it, and I NEVER felt second class or anything like that. As others have said, you still have the same 2 guides, who have EVEN MORE time to spend with you and lavish you with attention. The hotels treated us great (the Disney name definitely has some pull). I loved the small intimate group.

I can't imagine you'll have ANY issues by having a "smaller" group. Just enjoy!!!!!

Sayhello

We went on Backstage Magic and had a tiny group...12 in all. It was great! We all got along, everyone was nice and I think we got to do a few extras because we were so small it wasn't a big deal for us all to just get led onto Nemo and things like that. We were treated very well and our guides were wonderful.

We're on our way home from the Africa trip now. There were only 13 in all compared to our Imperial Cities trip last summer that was fully booked.
No doubt we bonded faster and closer with our smaller group. Our guides Tina and Thabo didn't hold back at all, they were great.

Our trip, I guess, could be called low occupancy... we had 21 people on our trip. I think it was a perfect number. I don't have anything to compare to with a higher number, but I don't think they could have treated us any better. Everything was first class and we probably got to do things in a better way than a bigger group.

For example, with Pedicabbing the Hutong there was exactly the right number of people to break into two groups to comfortably fit into the houses we visited. We fitted comfortably on coaches with people who wanted window seats all having window seats.

I know that the Christmas trip won't be nearly as small (unless a lot cancel between now and then) so I could compare later, but honestly, the only "down" side to a small group trip is the chance that it will be "too" small and they will cancel it.

.......helping me circumnavigate around a road block I encountered in relation to my trip next month:goodvibes cuz let me also introduce u to a ABD rep by the name of Monica.........she also rreeaallyy helped me as well:thumbsup2.

More about her listed in my pre-trippy report.

:banana::banana:ALL OF YOU AND HER SAVED THE DAY --:banana::banana:

:woohoo:T-H-A-N-K Y-O-U:woohoo::thumbsup2:cool1::goodvibes

TIME TO CELEBRATE!! THIS TRIP IS FOR REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: :woohoo::yay::dance3::cheer2::grouphug:pirate::::2:cool1:;):goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter