2 Trips, 2 Coasts and so much to plan for 2023

What do you think? I could drop us down to 5 day park tickets but I feel like even if Saturday is a half park day, it would still be worth it. I could also do a park day on Monday but I hate that feeling of missing our flight. And I would want a late flight then, and Andy and I will have to go to work the next day. And that will be rough.

If you dropped down, I'd probably do Wed-Thur-Fri park, Sat rest, Sun park. It's 2 touring, break, 3 touring, break, 1 touring.

It does only run Wed thru Sunday.

Darn! Didn't know this. Hoping they bump it back up by December as fitting it in elsewhere on my trip will be super messy. Boo!!!

If you dropped down, I'd probably do Wed-Thur-Fri park, Sat rest, Sun park. It's 2 touring, break, 3 touring, break, 1 touring.
I thought about that... but I am being selfish for my birthday. I don't want us to be too tired on our 3rd day in a row. Especially if we decided to do 4 parks in one day.

I do think it could be ok, I am leaning towards trying to book a Topolino breakfast that day. We can chill and not plan to go into a park till afternoon?

Hi Everyone!!!!

72 Days till our trip!

Which means I have 12 days to decide on my dining reservations before dinning day!

Saturday:
Fly in AM, Disney Springs for lunch and a little shopping, back to resort to settle in and maybe swim.
(this is what we did last year and it was nice to not rush into the parks)
Dining: Wine Bar George? Or Polite Pig? Or even Jock Lindsay's Hanger Bar

Sunday:
Magic Kingdom (try and ride Tron)
Dining: Homecomin'

Monday:
EPCOT (try and ride Guardians)
Dining: La Crêperie de Paris

Tuesday:
1st Real Rest Day - Spend the day at the pool and just relaxing in the room.
Dining: Morimoto Asia & Cique du Soliel

Wednesday:
Gwen's Birthday!
Hollywood Studios
Dining: Beaches and Cream - this is Gwen's request.

Thursday:
2nd Real Rest Day
Again spend the day at the pool and just relaxing in the room.
Dining: Hoop De Doo Review

Friday:
My Birthday
4 Parks in 1 Day
I kind of want to do 4 parks in one day but the hopping at 2 really is a bummer. Still deciding on this.
Dining: Sannaa

(this is where things are STILL falling apart...)

Saturday:
I was thinking Hollywood Studios, but now I am thinking we should at least start at EPCOT, if we want to ride Guardians again?
But I am also wondering if I should just drop our park days down to 5 and make this a true rest day? I DON"T KNOW!!!! aak!

Dining: I was going to do Topolino's breakfast. But I saw that you can not long get 1-1/2 dishes... And $45 a person just seems like too much for breakfast. I know there are characters, but...

So, then I was looking at Homecomin' for brunch... I am leaning towards that more now.. But that would be more of an outing to get over to Disney Springs...

But then if we do EPCOT we could something there... like Spice Road Table or Biergarden. Both we have never done before. But I just don't know...

Sunday:
Magic Kingdom
Last Full Day, so we will probably go all out. But who knows... sometimes we fizzle out on the last day. I also was thinking this could be another just go into the park late and stay in the park late? depending on park hours..
Dining: Skipper Canteen - This is usually our go to sit down for MK. But I am not totally feeling it.. We could go to the Poly and try and get into Trader Sam's but this always seems to be never work out... I could also just not have a reservation, so we can keep it open.

OR maybe we take the boat over to Wilderness Lodge and do Story Book Dinning. We do love that meal...

Monday:
Fly home mid day

72 Days till our trip!

It's getting close.

Dining: Wine Bar George? Or Polite Pig? Or even Jock Lindsay's Hanger Bar

I've done all 3 and really liked Jock Lindsay's. It's more casual than Wine Bar George.

Dining: Beaches and Cream - this is Gwen's request.

Good Choice!

Dining: Hoop De Doo Review

This was so much fun!

So, then I was looking at Homecomin' for brunch... I am leaning towards that more now.. But that would be more of an outing to get over to Disney Springs...

Have you thought about Ale & Compass? I really enjoy their breakfast.

Have you thought about Ale & Compass? I really enjoy their breakfast.
I am really the only one who really likes brunch. So, there is a good chance we would cancel. Which was also part of my worry. But I think I came up wiht a plan.

I've done all 3 and really liked Jock Lindsay's. It's more casual than Wine Bar George.
And honestly that is why we still have yet to go to Wine Bar George! We enjoyed Jock Lindsey's when we went on our trip last year. I have a feeling we will end up there.

Good Morning Everyone!!!

So, I think I decided what we will do those last 2 days:

Saturday: I think we will make the park reservation for EPCOT, I am guessing we will want to ride Guardian's again and this would be the only way to do it again without paying for it. And EPCOT is a park we don't have to rush to get to, (unless we get an early boarding group)

And then since we will be in EPCOT, I think I am going to book Biergarten! We have never done it before and I think / hope it will be fun! I floated the idea past the girls and they seemed intrested in giving it a try!

Sunday: I am going to book Snow White dinner at Wilderness Lodge. We really enjoy the food there and a boat ride over from Magic Kingdom is always so nice.

Saturday: Jock Lindsay's or some sort of counter service place in Disney Springs
Sunday: Homecomin'
Monday: La Crêperie de Paris
Tuesday: Morimoto Asia
Wednesday: Beaches and Cream
Thursday: Hoop Dee Doo Review
Friday: Sannaa
Saturday: Biergarten
Sunday: Storybook Dining

There are a lot of main stays in there and 2 new places which I like to have at least something new!

Now I have to start figuring out what special things to do have for Gwen's birthday.

I was starting to look at birthday ears that I could get off of etsy. I found these ears
Screen Shot 2023-05-11 at 6.51.21 AM
But I want to poke around some more.

And I def think we will need shirts for the day:
Screen Shot 2023-05-11 at 6.53.41 AM
I def need to look around more for a shirt option.

And I want to figure out some sort of Surprise. Anyone use any of the outside places that bring in baskets and stuff? I would love to have balloons brought into the room while we are our or something.

Those ears are adorable!! I haven't used any of them personally, but the Ear for Each Other FB group always has TONS of posts with pictures of gift baskets, decorations, etc. that people have had on recent trips.

Your dining plans sound great! We also love the Storybook Dining meal, especially so I can see my favorite guy, Dopey :)

We had to switch up our family trip planned for later this month due to my son breaking his collarbone on Monday! We are super bummed and will reschedule the family trip for next May.

But, my daughter and I are going to take a short 3 night trip mid July! Also staying at Caribbean Beach! I wanted a mod resort with a nice pool and it looked like my best option.
Maybe we’ll run into each other!

61 Days!!!

I can't believe tomorrow is my dinning day!

Why does 60 days sound sooner than 2 months? Maybe that is just me! In reality there is ALOT of things that need to happen before this trip!!!

And to be honest, alot of them are NOT fun things. We have some affairs and financial stuff we need to square away for my mom. And it is stressing me out, right now. So, yet again, this trip will be well needed!

Ok, so.... planning stuff....

I was looking up times for the Cirque Show and... They DON'T have shows on Mondays and Tuesdays!!!! Just like Hoop!!!! Ugh, so that puts a big wrench in my plans... And I think I am going to have to scrap the show. I could do the show, the day we arrive but I worry if something happens with the flight.

Which then brings me to what should we do instead... I mean it will still be a rest day. But we will need dinner, we could still go to Disney Springs and go to Morimoto Asia. It is certainly fancy of enough of a place to make it the "thing" of the evening. But should we do something else?

Other options... go to the Poly and try and get into Trader Sam's. I have wanted to do this FOREVER. We could do that and try and get some food at Tamu Tamu lounge as well. Have some Dole Whips? I do like the idea!

Which if we do that, do I find another day for Morimotos? I could do that the first day? Which I guess we could do, we could plan on eating lunch at the resort and head to Disney Springs a little later on arrival day. But I also don't want to be there too late. Which is the other reason I wouldn't want to do Cirque on arrival day. I don't know!!! Blah.

BUT on a happy note! @kastoney and family is going to do Hoop Dee Doo with us! So, that will be fun!

I have to run, and get ready for work. Give me some ideas! if you have any!

To guarantee Trader Sam’s I would head over to the Poly around 2pm and get in line as soon as you get over there. They will start taking reservations around 2:30pm for the opening.
We got in by 3:30-4:00 doing it this way.
It is fun but very small in there. I recommend the Krakatoa Punch. It is really good.

Well it stinks that the Cirque schedule throws a wrench in your plans!! But, YAY for having the Stones join you for HDDR!! We will actually be in Orlando at the same time, I just realized from your countdown. We leave in 61 days, too, but we're heading to Universal for the week!

Oh no!!! How is your son doing?!? That can’t be comfortable!!!

Def!!! I will DM you when we get closer!
He's hanging in! I am having a hard time with it though. We were so excited for summer and now this really switches things up. He's a busy 14 year old with sports so the next 2-3 months will be tough. We'll get through it though!

To guarantee Trader Sam’s I would head over to the Poly around 2pm and get in line as soon as you get over there. They will start taking reservations around 2:30pm for the opening.
We got in by 3:30-4:00 doing it this way.
It is fun but very small in there. I recommend the Krakatoa Punch. It is really good.
See, this stresses me out. I would really like to make a reservation so I know once we trek over there that we can get in... And honestly why we keep not going.

’m shocked that cirque would be off the same days as Hoop Dee do (really should be an overlap like one doesn’t do Monday Tuesday the other doesn’t do Tuesday Wednesday)
Right?!?! I know they need to have off days, but I was bummed.

Well it stinks that the Cirque schedule throws a wrench in your plans!! But, YAY for having the Stones join you for HDDR!! We will actually be in Orlando at the same time, I just realized from your countdown. We leave in 61 days, too, but we're heading to Universal for the week!
I had thought for a second to spend a day at Universal on this trip. But I think we are going to just hold out till the new park opens. The Nintendo World will be the draw for us. If you are truely 61 Days, though, we can have a meet in the airport! Ha!

Good Morning Everyone!!!

I got my reservations!!!

I wasn't TOO stressed this AM. I knew I wasn't really trying for anything too hard to get. At least not too hard to get on my actual reservation day... In true fashion, I added some extra options...

Saturday:
I ended up booking a BOMA reservation... Random I know... But BOMA was the one restaurant that I had wanted to do and hadn't found a spot for. I made it for 6:05, to have plenty of time to fly out and get settled. I also figured if we decided against it, I wouldn't be TOO upset if we cancelled it.

Sunday:
I got Homecomin for 5:10. I wanted it early enough that if we wanted to go back to Magic Kingdom after dinner we would have time.

Monday:
I got us La Crêperie de Paris at 12:40. This just felt like a good lunch option.

Tuesday:

I ended up grabbing Morimoto Asia at 6:00. I figured either, we would decide not to try for Trader Sam's OR we could still do Trader Sam and then head to Disney Springs for dinner. Or something else completelly... we will see...

Wednesday:
I got 2 beaches and cream reservations, A lunch 12:05 and dinner 5:35 one. I wasn't sure which we would want for Gwen's Birthday day. Once it's closer and the rest of my family wants to talk about these things.... we can decide which is better.

Thursday:
I got Hoop Dee Doo Review for us and the Stone's at 6:15.

Friday:
I got my lunch reservation for Sanaa @ 12:00 noon. I figured if we do want to do 4 parks in one day, we would want to be at the first park to park hop close to 2.

Saturday:
I got 2 Beirgaten reservations. A lunch 1:00 and a dinner 5:15. Again I wasn't sure which we would want, and sadly it might depend on what boarding group we get for Guardians...

Sunday:
I got Story Book Dinner at 5:35. Again I wanted something that if we wanted to go back into Magic Kingdom for a few last rides we could... Especially since this will be our last park day.

Monday:
I impulse reserved Topolino Breakfast at 9:00 AM. My thought was if our flight back in afternoon, we might have time for a breakfast, and it would be walking distance. No idea if this one will stick. but we will see!

I am very happy with what I got. And it was def less stressful than some dinning reservation mornings!

Ah, a sigh of relief!! Always nice to check another thing off the pre-trip list! I had a chat this morning with one of my Kindergarten parents who had ADR day this morning, too :) I love talking Disney with anyone who will listen! LOL

Great job on your ADRs. Reservation day is always so stressful.

I can't wait to see what you keep and what you drop and of course what you eat.

53 Days!

Hi Everyone! We still don't have plane tickets!! And it's making me nervous. I started looking at flights this week again. And they are of course higher than a month ago.. Blek!

It might make sense to fly out Friday night. I say might, cause the hotel might negate the "savings" of the flight BUT.....

I think I might have a good plan if we do want to fly out Friday night...

I was looking at rooms we could book and saw a room for Animal Kingdom Lodge for one night. We could stay there for the night and then spend the day at the resort, since we don't have a park reservation for that day AND we have a BOMA dinner reservation there, it make sense... You know in the Disney math way... ha!

But i am going to see what the flights look like tomorrow and go from there. So, we will see....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter