2 Way Radio Question?????

Justhope

Mouseketeer
I know that this has been asked alot and I did try to search but it wouldn't work. So my question is what type works the best???
I have been looking and I think I remember that it should have sub-channels right????
I have been looking at the Motorolla Talkabouts but the only ones I have seen say 14 channels and 38 codes do these work the same as sub channels???Sorry so many questions...but sometimes I confuse my self...LOL:D

Thanks
Hope :pinkbounc

I have the Talkabout 250's with the Privacy codes (subchannels) and have no problem with them. They work fine The key is to find a Channel/privacy code combo with the least traffic on them.

we have motorolla with 14 channels and 38 sub codes, it is great
anytime someone gets on our channel which happens a lot we switch

13 is a very popular number!!

make sure you get the sub coded kind

If you can swing the cost buy the ones that have the sub codes. I have a cobra set and I love it. Well my sister was in DW at the same time as me but her walkie talkies do not have the sub codes so I was set all day on 10 00. It was horrible. Way to many people on that channel. Not only was it hard to get intouch with them because of someone always talking over you but listening to all that constanc chitter chatter was a pain. And at one point my Brother in law thought he was talking to my sister only to find out it was a stranger LOL

Later in the day when my sister and i went our own ways we went back to our channel with subcodes. It was so quiet and peaceful!!! And this was on a day that MK was more crowded then Labor day 2001

Hope this helps

How do you decide what channel and sub code to use? And if you pick one and then later it seems someone else is using it, how do you change or communicate what you're changing too? Can you tell I'm a real novice with this?

Hi Rpsemont,

Here's what we do as far which codes to use...

The first code we use is the month and day of my birthday,which is June 11 (6/11),so it will read on the radio "Channel 6, Sub Code 11". If someone else is on that same frequency, I'll tell my wife to switch to the other frequency, which we have already decided to be our son's birthday month and day, which is June 25 (6/25), again it will read "Channel 6, Sub Code 25". From then, we chose DW's birthdate, and if our little plan doesn't work, we'll throw the radios in the 7 Seas Lagoon;)

Mark P.

You are too funny!!!!:D Thanks for the info on the codes/subcodes. I am in the process of looking for radios, and checking out all the brands and features. :)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter