2 way radios and cell phone rental questions

Alice Jean

Earning My Ears
I've seen many different views regarding 2 way radios in WDW on these boards. I realize that most of the radios only have a two mile radius. I don't feel that will be adequate when we travel with our teens next trip. So I was considering using cell phones but we'd having to pay roaming charges and since we're from Pa. it could get quite expensive.
Does anyone know if you can rent cell phones in Disney? It might be worth it since there would be no long distance calls if using them on Disney property only.
I'd appreciate any feedback and opinions from others. Thanks!
:bounce: :bounce:

off site- 1978
DXL- 1997
CBR & Wonder cruise- 1999
OKW- Nov. 2001
:pinkbounc :bounce: :pinkbounc

Hi alice jean,

You can rent cell phone/walkie talkies from
Intouch communications but I think the
rental rate is rather high. I thought I saw
where their rate just went up to $15.00
per day per phone. These phones have
a feature that let them be used as a
walkie talkie and a cell phone. The
walkie talkie part can reach from park
to park and that is why most people
like them. Do a search and you will
most likely find some post on the subject.
Good luck.

When buying a prepaid cell phone you have a choice on minutes. Either local calling area or national long distance. It costs more to have the long distance minutes. My kids have these phones with AT&T and they buy minutes $25 at a time. You should check out the price per minute when using long distance. It can get expensive.

I bought a 2 way radio from Wal-Mart. It has a 2 mile radius. Unless you are going to be in different parks during th day that should be good. The best part about these is the price. After much shopping DH suggested that we stop at Wal-Mart. Well, after looking at about 10 different brands we found one we liked!! It has 28 sub-ccodes. Well, it was on clearance for $20!!

Disney Bound 2001
All Star Sports
October 20th-October 28th 2001

Check out our family website for some great pictures during our last Disney trip in March 2001!!

chris320.tripod.com

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter