2 weeks at Disneyland. Will we get bored?

I believe WOC comes back Feb 2nd so you'll be able to see it. We once stayed at the resort for 11 days and loved it. There is plenty to do, especially since you're staying on-site. Maybe have a day at the hotel and do the activities they offer all day.

As a former Southern California resident I would recommend a trip to LA:
- Try to get reservations for the famous Magic Castle which is now open to people
- Taking the Amtrak train up to Union Station in Los Angeles and exploring Downtown LA. Just a gorgeous and relaxing way to see a historic town. There are also hidden Prohibition tunnels (not sure if you can still go in them but you can find a map) and have a drink at the Top of the Standard Hotel on the roof where they project old Hollywood movies and you can swim. Olvera Street and the LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes. All without a car.
- Drive up and go to The Grove shopping center and look for celebrities and see the La Brea Tar Pits and try out to go on "The Price is Right" (all are within 5 miles of each other)
- Go to the Sunset Strip and walk it and have a drink in the Standard Hotel by the pool. Visit The iconic House of Blues which is closing to make condos, eat at Cabo Cantina or Boa. It's all just a very Hollywood experience.
- Do the Warner Bros Burbank studio tour.
- Visit Culver City (my old city) and explore the restaurants and John Wayne's old hotel, then go to Venice beach or Santa Monica only a few minutes away.

So much to do! Enjoy :daisy:

Keep in mind--everybody is different. Me, I'd lose my ever-lovin' mind if I was at Disneyland for 2 weeks! o_O
Go explore other parts of Orange County, the beaches and beach communities. Go to Universal Studios. Downtown LA.
Get tickets to watch a taping of a TV show. Griffith Observatory. There is so much to see and do.

Honestly, YES, I would get bored at Disneyland for 2 weeks straight. There is so much else to do in the area Knotts Berry Farm, Universal Studios, the Beach, Hollywood, etc that I would do max 5 days at the parks and the other 9 days experiencing other things.

You will absolutely not be bored! We've stayed for 12 days before and have never been bored. Staying more days gives you the opportunity to take the parks at a slower pace and not feel rushed to see and do everything, like you would for a 5 day trip. Especially with a couple tours and a day trip to San Diego zoo.

San Francisco is a 7-8 hour drive away. Definitely NOT a day trip!

Thank you, 94bruin! Yep that's way to long a trip, lol, in our short week. And then I'd wanna be going around San Francisco, loved it when visiting like 25 years ago.

So, we have 7 nights/days. I noticed some of you mentioned 10 day tickets but I thought the longest you could get was 5 day tickets? Are those only for guests from out of the U.S.? I'd like to have 7 days of tickets, but having to buy a 5 day hopper and then two extra day tickets seems pretty expensive. Assuming we can't get more than a 5 day, we may get one extra day with the 5 day hopper and only have one day break from the park. Then to decide which day of the week to not be able to go in the park, I don't want to miss something that would be available only on that day! Having 2 weeks would be awesome!

I could easily do 2 week at DLR and not get bored. There are only a few attractions I only want to do once. With 2 weeks, I could do my favorites 4 or 5 times and not sacrifice being able to enjoy the smaller details and the hotel as well.

As for 5-6 weeks at Disney World, I would love that. I've only been twice, but when I went in 2010 (the only time as an adult), I was amazed at how much there is to do. I didn't just want to do the parks, I wanted to go to each resort and look around, do each water park, the whole shebang. So, yeah, I'd be all for 5-6 weeks there if I was rich and if my family would do it with me. (I think they'd have a different opinion, haha.)

Hi everyone,

Just throwing this question out there. We have booked a two week trip at Disneyland from 7th February 2016. Aside from a day trip to San Diego Zoo, we will be spending the rest of the time at Disney and we will have AP's so able to go into the parks everyday. We are two adults and I'm a little worried that we will be bored during the trip. My sister has never been to Disneyland and I have been once for four days. We usually visit WDW and stay for 5-6 weeks at a time (we travel from Australia so longer trips work our financially more viable) We have never become bored during our WDW trips. I know several rides and shows are down during our trip (Fantasmic, Soarin, WOC is down for a few days into our trip I believe) I will say that we aren't park open to close people, we are more likely to sleep in and arrive later in the morning. We will have a few sit down meals and at least one or two tours as well. We are staying on property so going back to the resort for a swim if it's warm enough is possible as well.

So thoughts everyone. Will we get bored?

Thanks!
How exciting! My family and I did 10 days in Disneyland in December 2012 and it was AMAZING! I think you will be fine because there is so much to do and see besides just the rides. You will have time to do all the little things and the big things! The tours are great! Hopefully they're towards the begining because you learn so much! Having that much time is so relaxing to me. I suggest making sure you have the Dining and Guest Services numbers in your phone. It was beneficial to us numerous times. Also, go a couple times early because you can lessen your wait time on some things. You have a lot of time but waiting in line for Peter Pan's Flight for 25 minutes is much better than 90 minutes! I hope you come back and update after the trip!

So, we have 7 nights/days. I noticed some of you mentioned 10 day tickets but I thought the longest you could get was 5 day tickets? Are those only for guests from out of the U.S.?

Yes, people in NZ, Australia and I think the UK can purchase 10 day tickets, I assume because it is a bigger trip for us to get to America. In the US the longest is 5 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter