• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2 Weeks in Aulani

melissalovesfigment

Earning My Ears
We fly to Aulani this coming Saturday and are staying for 14 nights :). We have a 6yo daughter, 4yo son, and 19 month old daughter. This is our 4th trip to Hawaii but the first time we are spending significant time on Oahu.

What is your top one recommendation for while we are there? What was the single most memorable part of your trip? This isn't necessarily once in a lifetime but I don't know when we will make if back to Oahu.

We have booked the character breakfast and both tasting menu dinners as well as the luau. With only our oldest able to do the activities at Aunty's Beach House, do you still recommend trying to get some reservations for her? I feel bad that our son won't be able to partake.

We will have a rental van and plan to stop at Costco. Other day trips we have planned:
- Hiking Diamond Head: Kids are avid hikers so we aren't really worried about the difficulty.
- North Shore
- Pearl Harbor
- Hanauma Bay: hubby and oldest want to snorkel if we can get a reservation
- Manoa Falls and a few other hikes

We love taking walks while the kids sleep in the strollers. I know there is a beach path. Have you found any other nice walks to take in the evenings or early mornings?
Is there a playground close by? I know that we will be in Hawaii with the pools and beach but the kids still love a good playground.

Anything I am missing? We are so excited to escape the midwest gray and spend 2 weeks as a family!

You are aware you need a reservation for Diamond Head? I mention this only because you mention the booking for Hanauma Bay but not for DH.

Same for Pearl Harbor. There is standby to get to the Memorial but I wouldn't want to standby with kids.

Aunty's Beach House is a must. I have a 8 and 6 year old and it is their most favorite activity at Aulani, more than the pools. 2 weeks is a long stay at Aulani. I would get out of the bubble and try the many amazing local restaurants and small businesses all over the island. Helenas, Sidestreet Inn, Pier 38, the Alley at Aiea Bowl, Pig and the Lady to name a few. I'd also visit America's oldest Chinatown in Honolulu, followed by walking around Honolulu's newest subdivision in Kakaako. Lots of cute shops and restaurants and easily walkable. Hawaii has been my home for the past 12 years and love it here. Enjoy the laid back pace, the warm and friendly people, and the Aloha culture.

You are aware you need a reservation for Diamond Head? I mention this only because you mention the booking for Hanauma Bay but not for DH.

Same for Pearl Harbor. There is standby to get to the Memorial but I wouldn't want to standby with kids.
Thank you for the reminder. We have reservations already for Diamond Head but not Pearl Harbor.

Aunty's Beach House is a must. I have a 8 and 6 year old and it is their most favorite activity at Aulani, more than the pools. 2 weeks is a long stay at Aulani. I would get out of the bubble and try the many amazing local restaurants and small businesses all over the island. Helenas, Sidestreet Inn, Pier 38, the Alley at Aiea Bowl, Pig and the Lady to name a few. I'd also visit America's oldest Chinatown in Honolulu, followed by walking around Honolulu's newest subdivision in Kakaako. Lots of cute shops and restaurants and easily walkable. Hawaii has been my home for the past 12 years and love it here. Enjoy the laid back pace, the warm and friendly people, and the Aloha culture.
Thank you for the dining recommendations! We base a lot of our travel around meals.

Thank you for the reminder. We have reservations already for Diamond Head but not Pearl Harbor.
PH reserves 60 days out; when they sell out I think they release another batch the day before. Most of the next few weeks are not avaiilable, until after 1/30.

We just returned from a week there. Two things we did over and over. Walk over to secret beach where we saw Hawaiian Monk seals every afternoon--one day there were five. We also swam with sea turtles at the beach at Paradise Cove. The turtles came right up to us in the shallow water. both are very short walks from Aulani.

We just returned from a week there. Two things we did over and over. Walk over to secret beach where we saw Hawaiian Monk seals every afternoon--one day there were five. We also swam with sea turtles at the beach at Paradise Cove. The turtles came right up to us in the shallow water. both are very short walks from Aulani.
What is the "secret beach"? Where is it, how do you get to it?

Was at Aulani over Christmas and there are lots of on-property activities. Even a DVC hunt to win prizes. My daughter loved finding the Menehunue (free). The community room has fun activities as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter