20/20 on ABC tonight...sheds light on childhood psychosis/schizophrenia

tinachris

Earning My Ears
Just wanted to post an FYI- 20/20 is doing a program tonight on childhood psychosis/schizophrenia.

I think it is good that they are doing this and more programs are needed like this to showcase what other people go through. We need more programs to educate and inform on all disabilities.

I just finished watching it. What an eye opener. I truly felt for the families on the program and all the others who face these issues everyday. If you are reading this and are one of those families please know that I said a prayer for you tonight and I will continue to pray for your family.

I would have liked to have seen it....My DD 8, was recently diagnosed with childhood schizophrenia....and we spent all day today in several doctors offices , the er, and the day ended with her being hospitalized......Prayers are always welcomed!:)

I googled 2020 online....and I think I was able to watch it at abc.com.....It was good....

I saw the episode and wanted to learn more, so I went on the 20/20 website. I was very disappointed to see in the comments section a few comments about how all these kids need is discipline and that this is a behaviour problem. One person even suggested that they wouldn't have the disorder if only their parents had beat them with belts! Why do I read comments? :confused3:confused3 I have to remember not to look at these, because there is always something that makes me furious. It's really sad to know that there are some people who really have no understanding of psychological disorders, and I hate that parents and children are so often blamed. :sad1:

SOme people are just ...well...stupid. I will be the first to say taht I have seen may kids our ther that needed a good spanking ( sorry if I offend any non-spankers) but when it comes to a medical issues, you can beat them black and blue and it will not change anything. Oh-well, I hope that they don't have any children with speical needs because I doupt they would get the care they need.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter