20 Years Ago

Barb

A DIS Original!
I want to say Happy Anniversary to the many old timers who are still here. 20 years ago we had a DIS Convention and it was the beginning of me meeting some of my dearest friends still today! We all met, sight unseen, over a common bond. We all loved all things Disney. It was one of the best times of my life! 💓

I want to say Happy Anniversary to the many old timers who are still here. 20 years ago we had a DIS Convention and it was the beginning of me meeting some of my dearest friends still today! We all met, sight unseen, over a common bond. We all loved all things Disney. It was one of the best times of my life! 💓
I remember being so sad that I couldn't make that event, but I did meet many of you when you came out to Disneyland and we had a wonderful time. Those were some good times! 💓 (for real! ;) )

Hi, Barb, for real!! Great to see you again! It's been too long.

Good, fun times at the discon. Was it in January? We did have fun times for sure. I'm trying to recall if it was discon 1 or 2 when Tia, me and a few others were in the Swan lobby seating area, laughing hysterically, for what seemed like hours. It wasn't hours, but sure seemed like it. And we were not drinking. Such good times, great memories of those years past.

How about your sister, Nancy? How is she doing? Don't see her here anymore. And do you and hubby still fly your plane? Were you at the Philly meet, back in I think maybe 2000? Judi was there among quite a good number of others.

Anyway, great to see you, Barb, wonderful memories. Thanks so much for dropping by, sharing memories. My best to you and your family for a good, safe and healthy 2022.

Dan

I remember being so sad that I couldn't make that event, but I did meet many of you when you came out to Disneyland and we had a wonderful time. Those were some good times! 💓 (for real! ;) )
I met you and Dan at Disneyland!
Great times there at Disneyland, MJ and Robin. :wave: So many laughs and fun also with so many.

Forever memories with your Rav4, MJ, along with Kelly and Nick. :laughing:

I met you and Dan at Disneyland!

So much fun! Here are some pics. Dan barely fitting (I think he had to bend his head) in my RAV4 always makes me smile. :lmao:

Lol, So much taller than me

And further proof how much time has passed:

And the time we were cheering for Goofy and "made his night" (Tia from "Idaho" )

Blurry pics from the conga line (my computer crashed & I lost a bunch of pics)

These comments and pictures just warm my heart!! Dan, we sold our plane a few years back. But we still get down to WDW once or twice a year. Our sons have all married and we have 3 grandkids. I remember that Dis meet in Philly! We had a great turn out. Mary Jo, that meet in Disneyland was a blast too. Such wonderful memories! DIS Con was in early December of 2001.

Barb !!!! I’m a little late to this party, but I’m here. I used to be known as figmentvi back in the day. Re-registered and couldn’t use my old name. Anyway, me (Linda), DD’s Holly and Meggan were at DISCon 2002. I still have my lanyard and some wonderful, wonderful memories to go with it.

I agree. This was a little before my time here, but I hope it comes back when travel is less stressful again.
Wow I wasn't around DIS at that time but I love the idea of these mini conventions! I've never met anyone from the forums but that would be cool to check out if one was held :D

These meets were probably close to the time I joined Dis. I do remember some being held I think in PA? Not sure. Dates did not work out.

We have met and made friends with other DVC/Disney friends from another board. It's great when it all works out.

We did have a few Dis meets on DCL cruises - we would wear a green ribbon on us/purse, etc. or a Home Depot Lime Mickey Head :). Fun times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter