$200 Disney Gift Card with New Visa Card??

Cirlonde

Mouseketeer
I'm not sure if this is an okay place to ask this...but I wasn't sure where else it might be appropriate, so forgive me if it belongs somewhere else!!

We recently got an offer in the mail for a Disney Rewards Visa Card (the one without the annual fee). The promotion was for a free $200 Disney Gift Card if you were approved for the card and spent $500 in your first three months. I decided to go ahead and bite even though we're not big on credit cards. I just couldn't pass up the free $200! :) And we've got our upcoming Disney vacation to pay off anyway, so I can just use the card to pay $500 on that, which obviously has to be paid anyway! So I applied through the provided invitational link, got the cards in the mail, no trouble. However, I think I might have thrown out the original advertisement I got that mentioned the $200 gift card and now I'm paranoid that I won't just automatically get my gift card after spending the money and I don't really have any "proof" of the offer.

So my question is...has anyone else every applied for the Disney card and received their gift card with out any hassle? Did you have to do anything extra to make sure you received the gift card or did it just come automatically after you hit the spending mark?

Thank you so much! It's probably not a huge deal, but I can't quit kicking myself for throwing that stupid piece of paper away!! :headache:

As long as you applied through the phone number or link on your postcard you should get the $200 shortly after hitting $500. The only issue would be if you applied through a general Chase site that wasn't offering the $200. You can call and ask; they can tell you which promo is linked to your acct. If you already have a Chase online acct your acct number will be on there immediately after being approved.

As long as you applied through the phone number or link on your postcard you should get the $200 shortly after hitting $500. The only issue would be if you applied through a general Chase site that wasn't offering the $200. You can call and ask; they can tell you which promo is linked to your acct. If you already have a Chase online acct your acct number will be on there immediately after being approved.

Thanks! I *did* apply through the link that came on the paperwork and that link did mention the gift card. That makes me feel better! I guess it just seems a little too good to be true type of offer, so I can't help being anxious! :)

I just applied for the card and thought that I was getting a $200 credit after my $500 purchase. If I get a gift card I hope it comes before we leave in Sept. I am going to pay off my trip in a couple of days using my card. Maybe I got a different offer.

I just applied for the card and thought that I was getting a $200 credit after my $500 purchase. If I get a gift card I hope it comes before we leave in Sept. I am going to pay off my trip in a couple of days using my card. Maybe I got a different offer.

The promotion I got specifically said "gift card" and talked about where you could (and could not) use the gift card. But in doing a Google search about the different Disney promotions, it looks like they have a number of different types of offers. So who knows if your offer is similar to mine or not? :)

I did the same promotion about 3 months ago and mine specifically said 200 gift ccard. Instead I got a statement credit which I preferred anyway

OP, I also had the same fear about Chase not knowing which promo I had and kept my paperwork until I got my card so you are not alone there. In my experience, we charged gas and groceries on the card and hit that $500 mark in about 4-6 wks. Our gift card arrived very quickly, probably 2wks after. However, they do say it can take something like 6wks.

I'm glad you were able to verify which offer you had. I have also seen different offers through chase in regards to the Disney Visa. Some include $100 and $50 statement credit and $200 GC. These were all at the same time. The statement credits were online and the GC was an offer I got in the mail. So they definitely have many at once. Hope you get yours soon!

My sister and I both did this in April. We applied for the cards about a week before our trip. They overnighted them so we would get them on time. We spent over $500 each on the trip. She got $200 credit in her first statement, and I got a $200 gift card in the mail right after our first statement was generated. I also have earned about $50 in rewards on my account. Pretty good card. Saving up for our next trip!

I applied for the card as well. Charged the trip, paid it off, and just the other day got the $200 gift card. It took about 3-4 weeks for me.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thanks so much for all the replies! I feel better about it now. :) I've paid $500 towards our trip with the Disney card so now just have to wait on the gift card to come in the mail. I'm not sure how often we'll actually use the card since we have another that gives better rewards, but it's nice just to have for the perks!

I already have a chase Disney card but when I got it we were also given the $200 gift card. You get the photo shoot in Epcot and a small discount at the Disney store. Also you will get the free dining offer first.

According to the "Perks" section of the Disney VISA website (via Chase), the following is offered at WDW:

10% off at Select Dining Locations
Receive 10% off select dining locations at Walt Disney World® Resort (restrictions may apply). Just use your Disney Visa Card or Disney Rewards Redemption Card at the locations below and mention this offer to receive the discount.

Boma
Jiko (see restrictions)
Sanaa
ESPN Sports Club
Flying Fish Cafe (see restrictions)
Kouzzina by Cat Cora
Shutters at Old Port Royale
The Wave
Trail's End Restaurant
Citricos
Grand Floridian Café
Olivia's Cafe
Boatwright's Dining Hall
Turf Club Bar and Grill
Artist Point (see restrictions)
Whispering Canyon Café
Captain's Grille
The Hollywood Brown Derby (see restrictions)
Hollywood & Vine (see restrictions)
Biergarten Restaurant (see restrictions)

Of course, I didn't know about this until now… Boma is a favorite of ours (we visit every trip) and I have NEVER asked for the discount. Probably could have saved myself $50-$75 over the years! :crazy2:

I got mine about 2 weeks after I reached the $500 mark. Now I use the card for everything I would normally use my debit card for. I pay it off at the end of each week. I was doing it daily, but it got to be too much for me. This month, so far I have earned over $40 (per my calculations) I love this card. :banana:

They gave me a statement credit for the Memory Maker, so I still have a credit on the card. I don't need another credit card, so I'm not sure if I will keep it.

We used this exact same promotion last year, and it was great! We automatically got our $200 gift card in about two weeks after hitting $500 in charges (which we racked up in regular grocery shopping, and paid off right away). We used it for meals at Disney, so it really did save a nice chunk of our vacation budget. As long as you pay off the initial charges on time, it literally is free money for your trip.

What kind of gift card do you get? Can it be used for anything at Disney, including food or hotel accommodations? Can you combine multiple gift cards?

and where is the link for this offer?

What kind of gift card do you get? Can it be used for anything at Disney, including food or hotel accommodations? Can you combine multiple gift cards?

and where is the link for this offer?

We got a $200 Disney gift card. Both spouses got the offer for a total of $400 in gift cards. It can be used for most anything in Disney including hotel/restaurants/stores on property.

There isn't a link for the offer, it's a luck of the draw sort of thing. We got ours through the mail (though I'm sure being on a few Disney mailing lists didn't hurt). You need to have an offer code that you give to the Chase agent you speak to. Check your offer carefully when you get one, as sometimes it's only $50, or it may be for the Premium card instead...if the offer works out for you, go for it...but don't commit if it's not what you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter