2003 sticker shock & good ressie policy

CdnMom2

DIS Veteran
Well WE DID IT! Sorry to shout, but you can't see the dancing here. Just made our first reservation ever and at Disney World!!! We'll be at Fort Wilderness Jan 2003.

The price STINKS though. I phoned back to verify again that we were talking Value Season. Yes, $49 per night plus taxes (and in US dollars, of course -- boo hoo). There'd better be some good discounts coming out in Summer/Fall. I've warned the husband and we're still OK even if we don't get any discounts as year progresses (the best position mentally to be in right now as we scrimp & save, I figure). So I wanted to warn everyone of the 2003 price.

The (other) good news is that I phoned the 800 phone number on our newly received Disney Card and was told these were my conditions: Deposit of 1 night (so $54.39) due a month away. Can cancel/amend without penalty anytime between now & 5 days before arrival. And any discounts that may be released in the future (DC/AP/AAA/CAA) can simply be applied for me when I call them. Will be receiving a confirmation in 10 to 14 days so will rest even better once I see it all in black & white. But I did want to help others who may be as confused or fearful as I was over all this CRO vs. WDTC reservations confusion. The policies weren't as bad as I feared. Just the price. LOL!

Back to grinning & dancing.

You will totally LOVE FW!! What type of campsite was that rate for? I'm sure there will be some discounts for you before you go. It was nice to hear that the DC has changed their reservation policy. When it first started, there were all sorts of penalties if you cancelled or even changed your ressie if a rate change would occur!
So, when are you going?!!:bounce:

No frills at that rate. Can't imagine what rack rate on the full hook-ups will be!
We're tent camping Jan 1 to 9 so far. So our patch of grass in Disney (with electricity) is kind of pricey right now. But we're happy. Thanks for your kind words of encouragement Colleen A!

I actually have been calling about rates at FW recently. We intend to be there Dec 2 - 14th 2002. I was given the rate of $293.08 which includes tax for 7 nights at a preferred site. It works out to be about $42 per night. I would call back and double check the rate. I don't think there should be that much of a difference - mine should of been allot higher than yours! I do know when I called the disney club for the rates, so far I have been given 4 different prices!! When I tried to reserve at $251.54 for the 7 nights, halfway through the process, we got disconnected! When I called back, they couldn't find those rates or figure out how the CM got them. I would call back, what do you have to lose ? :bounce:

Colleen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter