2005 Inaugural WISH Walkers Team.....

HEY there Kami!!! :goodvibes

We had original plans to do the 1/2 again in 2010, but unfortunately, won't be happening. My DD will be 14 when the 2012 one comes along, and I've already told her that it would be something we could consider. Only problem with that is she will be in highschool then, and final exams for first semester are near the end of Jan. So taking her out will be a bit of a challenge ... if I'm going to spend all that money to get me to WDW, I want to stay longer than just a few days. :rolleyes1 But I've told her we won't count it out yet. I still remember the excitement that DD and DS (7 and 4 at the time of the 2005 half weekend) had when I gave them their race packets for the kids races ... they had no idea I had signed them up! :)

So cool to see all of our WISH friends here ... we spent more than a year together planning and training! And yes, how awesome that what we started that year has become an annual tradition. I still have my WISH bracelet, and my WISH scarf ! :lovestruc

:grouphug: to you all!

what a fantastic idea!!

too bad i can't pull it off....my fam is going to WDW this June for what will be our longest time there, so it won't be affordable for me to sneak away again in 6 months. that and the fact my DD graduates that spring, so i'll be paying out for senior expenses!!

take pictures please!!

Helllllllloooooooo from OH - :grouphug: to everyone!

Really - 5 years ago - a few less wrinkles and few less pounds - and make sure you note as you read Molli's reply of regret for a 2010 January trip - it is her DD (a graduating high school senior) not her "senior" mother that will costing her those extra expenses next year :dance3:

I tell you as I read through the posts it was great remembering each and everyone and what a fun time - got a WISH meet planned at the bakery yet????:love:

MaryLiz - I just zipped through some "stuff" in a desk drawer at work and found your address and I thought I need to send her a note - thanks for making it so easy for me :yay: hope all is going well - actually - as I hold a "pity party" for myself during OH gray winters - I think of my Canada friends and always feel a bit better.........hope your winter hasn't been too bad.

Off to catch the season opener of BL - and hopefully get a bit of their mojo to get me motivated!

again - :grouphug: to all :flower3:

I'm glad that everyone has come back to say hi! Don't forget that we all have to stop by and say hello to karebear1 Karen when she gets back on Fri. I'll be leaving Thursday.

Lily ... have a magical time this weekend! I still say you are the Queen, and a GOOFY one at that! :worship:

Hi Bev! :goodvibes So good to see you again! I was wearing my WISH bracelet a couple of weeks ago and a co-worker asked me about it, so I was telling her all about our wonderful 2005 Wish Walker friends. :lovestruc Hope all is well with you! As for our winter, we had our first major snowstorm on October 28th, and it's been pretty lousy ever since! I finally agreed to let DH buy a snowblower, and of course the stores :rotfl2: when he asked if they had any in stock! Been one of those winters that can't end soon enough. :rolleyes:

I know that 2010 is out for me too...maybe I can convince DH that he and I need to go down for a quick trip in 2011, we'll see.

It's great hearing from everyone.

Actually it may depend on where DD goes next year for her Nationals for cheerleading. We are doing WDW in August and DD and I are going in March for her Nationals this year. Plus DD will have her Senior trip to Disney next spring (not this year), her nationals next year and maybe a college visit to Missouri.

But I'm going to train for it just in case - Maybe that could be my Christmas present, especially since its just me.

Molli - hugs, I can't believe your DD is graduating this year. I'm so scared for that to happen next year. I feel like this is our last summer vacation where she will really be a child. I hope we get to go next summer too. It will depend on if DH still has a job. They are supposed to close his unit.

MelC - Molli's computer is down (they are getting a new one :banana: ) but just to clarify her DD (Taylor) does not graduate this year but next - 2010.

I think their WDW vacation this summer is the same thinking as you - once Taylor graduates who knows on the timing for family vacations.

When will your DH find out if he is "out of a job" ? :wizard: and positive thoughts for that not to happen!

Wow, good to see so many of you guys here! DH and I did not join you in actually doing the half but we did meet most of you at the Trails End meet that Fri, and, yes, I still do have that scarf!
While I am not sure if my knees will agree to let me train for a half, we will be around as "scream team" since we live in the area now so I'll check in here once in a while to see how things are going and who knows, I may get crazy and sign up just to see if I can do it! You all are good motivators, so at lest checking in here will get me out walking more. :teeth:

::yes:: Scarf here, too. And it IS hard to believe four years have passed. Some days, though, I'd say it was a lifetime ago!

Rally up the original "Dream Team", we want you all there in 2010.

All the current members want to meet the original gals who "Inspire us all." :thumbsup2

I think you will all be amazed on what the team has become in five short years.

I know that I can't believe how many people were there this year in compare to our first year Jeff. Exactly how many were there this year??

You live in Hawaii???

I know that I can't believe how many people were there this year in compare to our first year Jeff. Exactly how many were there this year??

You live in Hawaii???

Yep that's me, Aloha Jeff. That's what a bunch of current WISHers know me as. They claim I tease them with pictures of the island of Oahu, but I have no idea what they're talking about. Figment of their imagination.

Gosh, there were at least 100-150 WISHers there. Not everyone showed up at the POP Century meet, but there was a ton of Lime Green at all three races, and in the parks.

Several of us belong to three teams, WISH, DisneyRunning, and Disney Deads.

100_1303-1.jpg

Well, I am doing the 1/2 in 2010 if it kills me! :rolleyes:

Molli- I cannot believe your daughter is graduation! WOW!!! It has been so long!

So great to hear from all of you! I am now in the WDW living, so whenever you are coming down, let me know~

wow! I just saw pics from 2005! And looked at thiis post and saw so many familiar names! I think I may join as well........... ill keep checking back! im off to make this my homepage again! got to get back on track!
renee

I was an original Wisher too. I didn't participate in all the activities at WDW though. It was my first trip to WDW and I had the whole family with me. I was a bit overwhelmed with all the stuff. I did wear a lime green bow in my braid and a lime green and white tank. I was #22482 and came in at 7554/8669. My goal was to finish without being swept . I made my goal!! Don't even remember my weight then. I would guess around 195. I am starting a road to good health again . So far I am down 13 pounds from 240, and am looking for a 5 or 10 K to do in the late spring. The support I got from this group was so fantastic. It was a huge factor in my getting through the entire training. Now I have turned 50 and know I can do it again. It doesn't look like I will be going to Disney for the 1/2 in 2010, but I will keep it in my heart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter