2005 WISHWalker Alumni Thread (WWAT) for February

You are so right Mary-Liz. My nephew's mil made his wedding into a very large affair when it did not have to be. Also if I had had a tree this yer it would probably still be up, just didn't get around to putting one up.
Debbie- I hear you about the line of credit. But seriously, I think a college education is absolutely necessary nowadays, it is unfortuate how much it costs because tution is only the beginning.
Oh and i actually walked 2.2 miles yesterday and it felt good. I have put the diet on hiatus for SuperBowl weekend but Monday it all changes and back to WW on Tues or Wed.
Let's go Patriots! (This Giant fan just cannot root for the Eagles.)
Have a great weekend everyone!

I've been sitting on the fence for a while now about whether or not I'm going to register for the WDW 1/2 this year. After reading through this thread, I'm more motivated than ever to do it. Seeing the benefits that all of you who competed have gained from the experience is awesome! I want to feel that way too, but first I have to get off the fence! I haven't registered yet, but I did start the Couch to 5K program today. I had to increase the amount of time spent walking, but at least it's a start. I'm hoping that doing this will give me the confidence I need to register, & the knowledge that maybe my body will hold up to let me do it.
Thanks to all of you for sharing your post race experiences. I'm going to check back here whenever I feel my motivation start to slip because you incpire me so much! Hope to see all of you in to 2006 1/2 or full marathon!

yesterday i must report I had day two off the wagon -- being cooped up is NOT doing me well

Kim -- i read Oprah's boot camp last night -- WOWSERS and JIMINY CRICKET!! holy schmoly it looks TOUGH! i admire you for setting your goal to follow it, i just don't think i have it in me. i must admit it has me thinking and my thoughts are if Oprah and Kim can follow this plan for 14 weeks, what on earth is my problem? I briefly thought about it but i know it's way more than I can do --- so i'm printing out my own bootcamp contract TODAY and hanging it on my frig. i'm using some of her limitations but modifying the eating to WW - whole grains only and my own workout plan

Every Thursday in our local paper this section appears in the sports area.
Imagine my surprise to see my name. :cool1:

DeKalb at Play: PROUD MOMENTS
MICHELLE WILSON - Staff
Thursday, February 3, 2005

Farmer top local finisher at Disney

Brian Farmer of Conyers was the top local finisher in the Walt Disney World Marathon in Orlando. He finished in 3:25:25. Other local finishers included: Lisa Clay, Decatur, 3:46:53; Randall McGeorge, Dunwoody, 3:57:48; Colin Quinn, Tucker, 4:06:41; Lora Eagens, Covington, 4:09:52; Melissa Dobbins, Dunwoody, 4:10:15; Ron Westbury, Conyers, 4:22:08; Jim Adcock, Conyers, 4:32:03; Todd Ashby, Dunwoody, 4:32:38; Jeb Bridges, Decatur, 5:03:23; Shelina Siu, Decatur, 5:12:57; Barbara Tyler, Dunwoody, 5:33:38; Meghan Patchan, Decatur, 5:34:34; Derek Speaker, Dunwoody, 5:48:31; Jacob Meyer, Decatur, 5:58:07; and James Smith, Decatur, 6:05:47.

Local runners who completed the event's half-marathon included: Richard Franklin, Dunwoody, 1:28:01; Kevin Redd, Decatur, 1:56:43; Robert Smith, Decatur, 2:03:50; Michael Dillon, Stone Mountain, 2:04:14; Matthew Weiss, Dunwoody, 2:06:09; Mindi Smith, Dunwoody, 2:21:52; Brian Smith, Dunwoody, 2:21:52; Alton Danielson, Oxford, 2:22:41; Robert Nowitzke, Decatur, 2:25:16; Kara Finley, Decatur, 2:25:31; Lisa Hardin, Decatur, 2:25:31; Jill Bidwell, Decatur, 2:26:57; Andy Delosky, Tucker, 2:34:33; Cynthia Anderson, Clarkston, 2:36:22; Katharine Hinman, Decatur, 2:46:11; Debra Franklin, Dunwoody, 2:53:47; Shannon Kenney, Dunwoody, 2:56:36; Donald Brady, Decatur, 3:01:14; Richard Brock, Tucker, 3:01:19; Amelia Rossmiller, Tucker, 3:11:39; Delynn Davidson, Avondale Estates, 3:11:49; James Davis, Conyers, 3:13:18; John Bowden, Decatur, 3:15:15; Clairmont Barnes, Stone Mountain, 3:15:21; Thurston Cooke, Avondale Estates, 3:24:08; Carla Cooke, Avondale Estates, 3:24:09; Lynne Boring, Avondale, 3:27:22; Terry Hunt, Conyers, 3:28:42; Judy Bell, Stone Mountain, 3:29:47; Liz White, Dunwoody, 3:34:59; and Ralph Dunham, Stone Mountain, 3:40:14.

ADisneyMom

Congrats, Judy! That's so awesome!

Mary-Liz

Well, how did everyone do on their first week of February. I managed to walk on my tm once for a mile. I've been quite sick since last Tuesday and it doesn't seem to be getting much better. Off to the doctor's today (hopefully) to try and find out what is causing me so much pain.

On the positive side I did manage to eat on program the whole week and did lose about 4 pounds. I don't really care how much I lose a week just so long as I don't gain.

Happy Monday Everyone!! :flower:

I'm coming out of hiding in the deepfreeze (-17) this am. I have been feeling unbelieveablly blue and down since I came back from WDW. I thought I would be so pumped after this enormous accomplishment that I would annoy everyone I met. I have bearly told anyone. My husband , on the other hand, tells everyone I ran a 1/2 marathon. I have eaten my way though the 6 pounds I lost at WDW!! Now I have to remove that to get to the weight I need to get rid of(about 30 #s) I have just been in a funk. It really isn't like me to be like this and I do like winter and snow(weird -I know). Worse than being down is that I snap at everyone and everything irritates me. I haven't seen a TM or workout for 3 weeks. The one great thing is that I looked at the WISH just to see who's there(I haven't even been lurking) and WALAA!!! There you all are and with similar feelings. I am not crazy!!! and now I am enspired!!! I am going to go and fill my water bottle as soon as I am done and get my head thinking about me in a positive light with workouts in my near future. Thanks again to you wonder people. Wish we could bottle this and be millionairesses. Just as good - I can come here anytime and get a breath of fresh air and a good boot to get going. Okay - here's the mini plan: workouts at the club 2X a week, water 64 ounces daily, add 2 fruits or veggies(replace bad items). I'm trying this for 2 weeks to see how I do. Thanks for coming back to post. You're all so great!!!Kudos to all who have made changes to better them selves in any small way. It all adds up!!

:grouphug: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I thought I had posted on this before but can't find it. After my trip, I returned to very cold temps, and a case of the blues. I did inspire my sis to start walking, and she mentioned something about going to do the Ocean City 1/2, and then my SIL said something about doing the WDW 1/2.

I finally walked yesterday--it was so pretty that I couldn't resist so off I went. I was going to try for 3 miles, but my feet started hurting (I was wearing my cheap socks) so I only did 2 miles in 34 minutes--I was excited about the pace, and felt so much better after I walked.

Oh you guys! I feel so bad I haven't posted much! I miss you- and think about you all the time, but this job..... MAN! It sure takes some getting used to doesn't it? I'm doing ok- as I have no time to eat, but I'm just eating whatever I can find. If I find a spare moment I'll make a menu and try to stick to it. It shouldn't be hard as I don't have much time to do anything else.

He everyone! I'm still wandering. I have done so for longer than I realized until I counted to find we have 4 weeks post race. So, I have gained some in my wandering. I have the January/February blahs. Seems that I start then fall again. I am wondering how many times I must go through this process before I am in the groove again. At least I keep starting, I guess that's something.

Karen, good luck finding things to eat while at work. My coworkers sometime look at me like I have left the planet but I have something that works for me. My salvation is that I have that pretty much in a routine. I take any combination of cut up veggies, cottage doubles or just cottage cheese, string cheese, left over chicken or canned chicken, and the occaisional hb egg. That usually gets me through the day but when I am home the feeding frenzy begins.

HI all, I had a hell of a week. Started off good last mon ties wed and thurs. Then friday sat sun and Mon went out the window! I seriuosly lost control! But its now tues and I am trying to do an atkins induction........noticed how I said trying. Last night my life came to a head seriuosly, I began freakin out crying and my poor hubby just did not know what the hell to do with me! lol! None of my clothes fit ( seriuosly) My friends dont believe me when I tel them this. ANd, I am completely uncomfortable! LIke standing from sitting, sitting to standing, I can feel the difference and it really bothers me. SO Last night, I also had a cigarette! As much as I hate to even say it, can't lie to you guys. I slipped up felt horrible about it and back on track hopefully! yesterday was 18 days with a cigarette. I am so embarassed, I didnt even go near my kids, thought they would smell it! I hate to say this too, I felt better after I had it. anyway today is a new day and I am about to get on the TM. hope the rest of you are having a good week.

till later,
renee

:grouphug: Renee. Today will be a better day. Don't beat yourself up ... we all have to have the occasional bad day so that we see just how :sunny: most of our days usually are :)

And remember, your friends HERE understand when you say your clothes don't fit, and you're "uncomfortable". We've all been there. And I'm very proud of you for quitting smoking ... that's a huge step to take! And you will succeed!

Take care, my friend.

MaryLiz

There has to be some sceintific reason why such a large number of us are so blue. We each seem to have our ways of shoing it but we are all(or most of us) are in about the same place. Wandering aimlessly feeling confused and really down. Maybe it is because we spent so much time and sweat getting to the goal and accomplishing the goal of the 1/2 or whole that we are actually in a greiving process due to being done with it. I think I need to find a race in the area and sign up so I have something to look forward to and work towards. My new mantra will be ,"The sun will come out tommorrow!!"
Sure hope we each can find the path to success that works for each of us. Thanks for just being there to listen.
Wiskband: I was there on Sat. Feeling a tad bit better today but not the pre race feeling . Hang in there and you will conquer your vise. Breaking down just means you need to dump those emotion because the tub is full. You should feel better today. Good luck!!
Maryliz: Did I meet you during the run? I did meet 2 and was so intent on the pain in my feet and the fear of not finishing that I forgot who I met?
I too have gained some of what I lost . Darn!! and am back to making the baby steps to start agian. We will succeed!!
Karebear: WaHoo !! for you. A new job! The stress will level out as you get in your routine. Just like the training did. Routine and structure is the key 9but not too much)
OhMom!! I am so understanding this post marathon rut!! I can't tell you why I feel the way I do but I am so there. Trying just a few simple things to help myself out. one thing a day.
We can do this!! My goodness we ran/walked a 1/2 marathon!!! Strength in numbers ladies!!!!

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Hello all--after a very bad (eating wise) Superbowl Sunday..I am back on track this week. I've restarted walker and did the stair climber today. Still awaiting MRI results from my sooo slow Doc.

I've been using my trigger point therapy ball that I got at Expo and it is working wonders. Now all I need is a PT to educate me on the things not to do so we don't get another boo boo!

I am no longer an early riser and it feels AWESOME!

Hi Decaff! Yes, we did meet ... I was with one of my DSis (NancyK) and we caught up with you just as we were entering MK! We noticed your shirt!
Totally feel this funk thing ... I just ate a Cadbury Easter Creme Egg :earseek: to make me feel better. They are my downfall at this time of year! And sad to say, it was sooooo good. I just have to force myself to NOT buy them! Darn that grocery store of mine that sells them in 3-packs! :rotfl:

Debbie and I walked for an hour on Saturday ... about 3 miles, nice easy pace. By the end I was tired. I couldn't believe how "out of shape" I felt. Man, 3 miles brisk used to be a cakewalk for me .... ooooo did I say CAKE? I need to win the $24 million lotto so I can arrange for a WISH meet at WDW so we can all literally kick each other in the butt :teeth:

Hang in there everyone ...

MaryLiz

Hey everyone!!

I can't believe it's been 4 weeks since we did the 1/2 & full! Sorry to hear everyone's been so blue. Winter is just no fun!!

I'm having a ball training for this Ocean City 1/2. I can't believe how much different it is to really train- unlike how I did the Disney 1/2. I can actually feel the running part getting easier and the walking part is getting easier too. Soon I'll have to bump up my pace on the walking portion.

I'm glad we have this thread to keep updated on everyone!

Boy, Lisa, you are right. That's one slooooow doctor. What I have found though - is that the longer it takes to get your news, the less serious it is. I see some PT in your future to strengthen your back and I bet you will be an early riser again. ;)

Me? I'm sleeping in.

Like alot of us, I have fallen off the exercise wagon. I have finally gone back on the WW wagon and have decided I really need to keep my focus there. When I drop some pounds, then I can focus on distance training again. :)

I think decaff is right. I know I am feeling a little 'lost' without the focus the marathon training provided. Heck - my whole week revolved around getting my miles in! It seems weird to not have that driving force again. I know I could sign up for another half but I really think I need to get some weight off first.

MaryLiz, I hope you win that lottery! I want to see the sun again! What better place than WDW? ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

I VOTE FOR MARYLIZ TO WIN THE LOTTERY TOO!! I wanna see you all.... and quick!

Renee- you'll be ok. Now you know that you can attribute all those crazy out of control feelings to smoking. Maybe that will make it easier next time it happens. Smoking 1 cigarette is not going to uindo what not smoking for 18 days did! Hoipe your right back on that wagon as though you never fell off!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter