2006 - Present : Food Pics with Chat

Bigfire Colorado Lamb Shank: This was delicious as well. It was the only meal I didn’t leave anything on the plate other than the bone. Would order again.

IMG_3891.JPG
Bigfire Dutch oven beef burgundy: Wife thought it was good but would have preferred more of a burgundy flavor. She said she would order again but would not be her first choice.
IMG_3892.JPG

IMG_2109.jpeg
Holiday cookie butter crepe - was fine, but I wouldn't get it again. Too much just squishy texture (whipped cream, crepe, and cookie butter are all squishy foods). The lemon berry one they had a few years ago was much better. Should have tried the savory brisket one instead.

IMG_2207.jpeg
Buffalo chicken Mac & cheese from NBC Grill - was so disappointing.
A few years ago it was excellent, nice cheesy sauce with "real cheese" stringy texture that clung to the noodles. Last year or 2 it devolved into a typical cheesy sauce, not impressive but still good. This time - hardly any sauce, very very small amount of blue cheese, those 3 chicken pieces (only one of which was decently buffalo sauced). I asked if it was indeed the Mac & cheese because at first it didn't look like any cheese sauce at all. They ended up bringing more cheese sauce & blue cheese. I would definitely not get it again, and will probably skip NBC Grill entirely next time. It's extra sad because the very first time, it was literally the best buffalo chicken mac I'd ever had :(

Bananas Foster Crème Brûlée Crepe

PXL_20240302_163456296.jpg
Yes it was as disappointing as this photo looks.

They are just cranking them out as fast as possible. They are not "fresh", just recently made and tasteless.
Also - they only have dessert Crepes right now. I wont be bothering again.

Cookie Butter waffle - also disappointing - I fee like hey are more interested in food looking good in photos than tasting good.
PXL_20240305_162126907~2.jpg

PXL_20240304_165422678.jpg

Sticky Toffee Pudding from Leaky cauldron - was really looking forward to trying this - I thought it would be the same recipe for the pudding as in the Ice Cream - its not.

PXL_20240304_183158854~2.jpg

This is the Pizza Stick from Circus McGurkus - "Contortion Corn Dog –Italian sausage, pepperoni, and mozzarella corn dog with marinara and curly fries. Mobile order window exclusive item."

Yeah its pretty good.

PXL_20240305_183525855.jpg

This is the Pizza Stuffed Pretzel from IOA - I heard a lot of good things about it - its not good unless you like congealed Velveeta Cheese.

PXL_20240225_025831315.jpg

The Bucket of Bait from the Simpsons area - this was a real surprise - it was actually pretty good. I would get this again without question. The Coconut Shrimp were really good, and the calamari was cooked perfectly - did not expect that at all. The fish was also good quality.

PXL_20240225_173258547.jpg

Warm pretzel with Bavarian beer cheese dip

The Pretzel was not particularly warm or fresh or tasty - was just like every other pretzel in the park - cheese was also disappointing. I make both of these things at home myself so I am probable a little picky - but it complely missed the mark - especially at 11.49

PXL_20240304_121100241.jpg

BREAKFAST FLATBREAD at Pier 8 in Dockside
Eggs, bacon, sausage, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese.

Could have been cooked a bit longer but it was decent.

PXL_20240301_181240144.jpg

Chilaquiles Verdes
Tortillas topped with chile braised shredded chicken, salsa verde, cilantro onion mix with lime crema and cotija cheese

These were pretty tasty and I did enjoy the margaritas even though they were from a vat.

PXL_20240305_002946643.jpg
Bigfire Bourbon Cheese Fondue - $16

served with crispy cauliflower, blistered shishito peppers, grilled bread, lavosh, hearth grilled baby carrots
add hearth grilled andouille sausage or cola braised pork +4

Just OK - cheese was starting to congeal - was going to order more but decided not to waste my money.

The add on Sausage was also not great - got too much bone in it for my liking.
PXL_20240305_002949782.jpg

PXL_20240224_002657022.jpg
Chicken Waffle from Simpsons Area - very disappointing - the waffle needed to be cooked a bit more - did not end up eating the waffle at all - was too thick and bready

PXL_20240224_013455406.jpg

Another big disappointment - the Currywurst from Germany - was more like a spicy marinara and I did not taste the curry at all. I would normally have had curry powder all over this

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter