2006 - Present : Food Pics with Chat

9806348_a4a40a8626.jpg

Beignets from Universal during Mardi Gras...

:rolleyes::rolleyes::crazy::thumbsup2

Here are some of our pics from August 2010.

Chicken fingers and fries - Bula Bar & Grille Pool Bar
FloridaAug2010199.jpg

Pacific Paradise - Bula Bar & Grille Pool Bar

FloridaAug2010196.jpg

Royal Rip Tide - Bula Bar & Grille Pool Bar
FloridaAug2010089-1.jpg

No need for introductions - the famous frozen Butterbeer :thumbsup2

FloridaAug2010145.jpg

Cosmopolitan - Margaritaville

FloridaAug2010093.jpg

Teriyaki Chicken - Margaritaville :love:

FloridaAug2010097.jpg

Ribs - Margaritaville

FloridaAug2010095.jpg

Key Lime Pie - Margaritaville

Apologies for the dreadful photo

FloridaAug2010099.jpg

Cherry Danish - Croissant Moon Bakery

FloridaAug2010079.jpg

Funnel Cake - Universal

FloridaAug2010173.jpg

Hmm, something about these photos gives away the fact that this was a child-free trip :rolleyes1

were the beignets good? I've had the real deal in New Orleans, and wonder how these compare!

Yes, the beignets were good, although different than the beignets I've had from Cajun restaurants. These were basically funnel cakes in a different shape...

Went through this thread to prepare for our August trip. Does anyone have any more to share?

Orchid Lounge at the Royal Pacific Resort:

ry%3D400

Jalepeno rolls (can't remember specific name), yellow-tail nigiri, and tuna nigiri

Maggie

NASCAR Grille

ry%3D400

Flashy cup smoothie that my DD enjoyed. Anything sparkly and she is a sucker!!

ry%3D400

Kids mac and cheese and my other DD in her July 4th getup. The mac and cheese looked like it came from a box of Kraft. My DD liked it. The size of the noodles and color of the cheese sauce made me think it was Kraft. So for those parents who have picky kids who need their "normal" mac and cheese, this might be it.

ry%3D400

DH's Asian Chicken Salad

ry%3D400

My Southern style pot roast. It was really good.

Maggie

Three Broomsticks Lunch

ry%3D400

Chicken meal

ry%3D400

Kids fish and chips meal - only 1 piece of fish

ry%3D400

Kids mac and cheese meal. This was totally inedible. Even my DH wouldn't eat it. It seemed like it had sat under the heat lamp for far too long. The top was totally crusted over and baked hard - to the point that I could have picked up the mac and cheese and it would have raised up in one, big clump.

We originally thought that DH and I would share the chicken meal (Me eating the ribs and DH the chicken) and the kids each with their kids meal. This is normally how we eat because neither me nor the girls are big eaters. But it didn't work out. With the one piece of fish on the fish & chips and the mac and cheese being inedible, we ended up going back through the line to get more food. We got another kids fish and chips and a kids chicken nuggets. This was a PITA because the line was really long each time.

ry%3D400

Hogs head brew

ry%3D400

lemonade

For what we got, I thought the food was good (except the mac and cheese) but it just wasn't enough.

Maggie

Orchid Court Lounge at the Royal Pacific Resort

ry%3D400

Islands Cuban panini sandwich

served with
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Spicy tuna rolls, yellow-tail nigiri, tuna nigiri

We also got potstickers, but I must not have gotten a picture of those.

Maggie

Confisco Grille Character Breakfast

ry%3D400

The bread type foods on the buffet line

ry%3D400

Fruit and yogurt section

I didn't really get pictures of the hot foods.

But here are some of our plates of food:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Maggie

Tchoup Chop dinner

ry%3D400

Side salad

ry%3D400

Chicken eggroll appetizer

ry%3D400

Crunchy shrimp appetizer

ry%3D400

Kids steak

ry%3D400

Tuna entree

ry%3D400

Kids Hawaiin plate - no pork

ry%3D400

Braised beef short ribs

Maggie

Sal's Market at Portofino Bay

ry%3D400

Wood fired pizza

ry%3D400

Large Margharita pizza

ry%3D400

Mozzarella Sticks. There were 5 on the plate, but the family dug in before I got to take a picture!

Maggie

Islands Dining Room at the Royal Pacific Resort dinner

ry%3D400

Bread - the rolls were YUM!

ry%3D400

DD made me take a picture of the cute butter

ry%3D400

Chinese chicken salad

ry%3D400

Fish and Chips

ry%3D400

Kung Pao shrimp appetizer - neither DD nor DH liked these. They said it had a funny taste.

ry%3D400

Side of butter noodles

ry%3D400

Make your own Wok entree. You go up to the wok station and put all the items that you want in your food into a bowl. Then you hand the bowl to the wok chef. He sautees it up. You have your choice of rice or noodles to add to your vegetables and meat. You also have a choice of sauces: terriyaki, lemon grass broth and some kind of curry. I chose beef, carrots, green/red peppers, bamboo shoots and terriyaki sauce. I believe this was all you can eat based on comments of other people in line ("I think this time I will try _______"), but I only got the one bowl myself, so can't say for sure.

ry%3D400

Salad that came with my Wok entree

ry%3D400

The veggie station that you got to choose from for the Wok entree. You can see the meat station in the back of the picture on ice.

Maggie

staying on site for the first time soon..thanks for all the pictures, looking forward to eating some of the good stuff you folks posted above! looking forward to more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter