• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2006 rates out.... OUCH!!!!

Lisa345

Earning My Ears
Just got letter in the mail today. We are booked at POFQ in Feb, rate was $166, now $199. That seems like a lot to me. I may have to rethink this. We have a land/sea package booked, so I wonder if the price for the whole deal will change!!

:sad2:

Yikes, that is quite a jump! We ware planning on going in Feb and doing the dining package but if it jumos another $35 a night that really adds up over 6 nights! I guess the deals of the past are long gone! That would mean a value resort would be $99 a night plus tax in value season! I don't know if I am prepared to pay that much for the tiny rooms at the All Stars!

Wow! I don't think many people will pay those prices. I don't even want to think about what a night at the Poly or Grand Floridian would cost! :earseek:

Ok I am stupid is there a list that has the 2006 rates on it?

I thought I saw a thread on here the other day and meant to look at it and now I cannot find it..I guess Walt's ghost came and removed it..HMMMM :confused3

Your DCL rate wont change unless you switch the dates. We enjoy watching the price go up on our cruise as it gets closer. I tell DH how much money I saved him booking so early. ;)

the reason you saw the price difference isn't because of a price increase, it was because they had previously quoted everyone regular season rates for 2006 no matter what your dates were. I am assuming your travel dates are after Feb 15 in which case you are travelling in peak season. There was a slight price increase but it's more like $10/night over what peak season rates were in 2005. There are people who are being notified that their total price dropped b/c they had been quote regular season and once the seasons were set their dates fell in value season.

So there was a price increase, but it's not as dramatic as it appears from your post.

Values in value season are $79 as opposed to $77/night this year.

Lollipop Mom said:
So there was a price increase, but it's not as dramatic as it appears from your post.

Values in value season are $79 as opposed to $77/night this year.

Thanks for the clarification. That puts me more at ease. :)

I'm booked at CBR for July 2006 and just received a new confirmation with the new rate. The price went from $149. to $155. It went up $6.00 a night.

I feel a little better knowing there won't be a dramatic increase. We love Disney and go every year, however we will definitely re-evaluate if prices keep rising. WDW also needs to keep in mind that tickets increase as well as gas costs.

MickiMouth said:
I'm booked at CBR for July 2006 and just received a new confirmation with the new rate. The price went from $149. to $155. It went up $6.00 a night.

Did they tell you when you booked it that the rate could go up? I would be highly ticked off if I booked at 149.00 and they later jacked it up to 155.00.

Also no one ever answered the question as to where are the new 2006 rates at?

jennifer293 said:
Did they tell you when you booked it that the rate could go up? I would be highly ticked off if I booked at 149.00 and they later jacked it up to 155.00.
Before rates are released, it is standard policy for Disney to book for the next year at regular season rates and then adjust, up or down, when the rates are released. Yes, you are told that the price could increase.

jennifer293 said:

Hi Jennifer, yes they did tell me when I booked that the rate would most likely change when the "06 rates were released. I'm just waiting to call back to get the AAA discount. :)

MickiMouth said:
Hi Jennifer, yes they did tell me when I booked that the rate would most likely change when the "06 rates were released. I'm just waiting to call back to get the AAA discount. :)

ok just checking....too bad I don't have AAA...I wish they gave discounts to firefighters..

Lisa345 said:
Just got letter in the mail today. We are booked at POFQ in Feb, rate was $166, now $199. That seems like a lot to me. I may have to rethink this. We have a land/sea package booked, so I wonder if the price for the whole deal will change!!

:sad2:

I got a letter too but I think mine is now at $175, not $199. Do you have a special room? I'll double check the letter when I get home. We'll be there Feb vacation. I'm hoping to get a discount as soon as I compare the AAA rates and the AP rates when they come out.

jennifer293 said:
ok just checking....too bad I don't have AAA...I wish they gave discounts to firefighters..

Well, it might be worth your while to take a look at the AAA rates and the cost of a membership, then. I don't even own a car and we'll be getting a CAA membership specifically for the AAa/CAA rates (if we don't do an AP with AP rates)!
AAA rates seem to range from 15% to 20% off rack rates, depending on resort type and season, so you could easily make back the ~$40 membership fee on hotel and ticket discounts (not to mention any local discounts or services you'd get with your membership).

You might try a public service discount at the Swan or Dolphin, as well. If they extend to nurses, teachers and government employees, you might qualify (assuming your fire dept is a governmental one and not a volunteer force for example).

well i think some of those prices are crazy
i paid 139 a nght last year for courtyard view at the WL
i walked out onto the balcony and there was the pool
the view was amzzing i was on the second loor 1st balcony
across from the bar

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter