2008 has been hard so far...

sconnell

DIS Veteran
2008 has been tough so far. My Mother-in-law's mother (my husband's grandmother) became ill and passed away earlier this month and we took 2 separate 1,000 mile round trips (before she passed and after for the funeral) both with-in a week's time.
This morning, my nephew passed away. (My husband's sister's child.) He is seven and was handicapped in a strange daycare accident involving a high chair two weeks after his first birthday. My mother-in-law (MIL) is just devastated. The only reason he was at that daycare that week is because she was on vacation and couldn’t watch him while my sister in law was in class. My MIL fell to pieces when my father-in-law (FIL) told her this morning. It's been such a strange day.
See, I work at a church. My FIL is a minister in a large (for this area) church and had just finished preaching one service getting ready to do the next when he got the call. My MIL was just back to teaching SS for the first Sunday this year. (Since being out of town with her mother's death.) For some reason, my FIL thought that she would be able to handle it and he told her in the main hallway as they were getting ready for the next service. Well, MIL fell to pieces and was on the floor wailing.
My husband was in a room down that same hall with our daughter trying to get her settled and do other stuff. (He’s the minister to young single adults, college- mid-30’s ish.) He hears the raucous and at first thinks it is a child and then realizes he’s heard that sound before, when he had to call and tell his parents about the initial accident. He goes to the hall and has to help carry his mother into his father’s office. We get her in the car with FIL and we wrap things up around the church, gather our kids and head to their house as well. Now, since he died at home, we have all kinds of hoops to go through so that he doesn’t have to have an autopsy. The coroner was nice enough to wait to remove the body until my MIL could get there and we could all hold him one last time.
So right now, I’ve spent the day out of town, and I’ve just come back to the office to get my FIL’s laptop so that I can begin making a memorial slideshow presentation. That’s always my job. It’ll be the second one this month for the family. :(
Oh, and yesterday was my husband’s birthday…

I have never posted in the Podcast before, but I happened upon your thread and it brought tears to my eyes. I am so sorry for your family. It must be incredibly difficult to lose your mother and your grandson in the same month, so my heart goes out to your MIL.

Your family will be in my prayers. You are in my thoughts, too. You must feel you are in such a strange place, going through all of this with your husband and children.

Hugs,

Sconnel

Words can't begin to describe what's happened. I'll just say you'll be in our thoughts and prayers.

Your family is in my thoughts and my heart goes out to you and your family.

I am *so* very sorry to hear this.... our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

So sorry to hear of your hard times. I hope things get better for you soon.

Thanks everybody. Sorry I posted this on this board. It's just home...
ETA: Oh and congrats UrsulasShadow! That's awesome!

I'm really sorry too...I know right now it probably seems like too much to bear, but things will get better. :hug:

Sconnell- I am so sorry to hear about your loss and the incredibly difficult time you are having this year. No need to apologize at all for posting - that is what we are here for. We are family, and hopefully you can get some respite and solace from the podcast and boards right now.

:hug:
SConnell- hugs and prayers going out to you and your family.

Don't worry about posting on this board. I probably would have done the same thing. This is always the first board I go to! Pod Squad has turned into quite a little family/community.

Hang in there! :grouphug:

Jenny

SConnell,

My thoughts and prayers are with your family. I can't even begin to imagine what y'all are going through. Some years just live in infamy within a family and 2008 is shaping up poorly so far.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter