2008 has been hard so far...

SConnell,

My prayers are with you and your family. I hope your faith will guide you through this difficult time. :grouphug:

We all need to send some pixie dust for you to win the next cruise!

Awe, Thanks everybody. But, I wonder if it would be transferable? I would love for my SIL and her DH and my niece (3) to be able to go on a vacation. They haven't been anywhere since Cooper's accident.

SConnell, you and your family will be in my prayers. Sometimes it seems like when it rains it pours. I could not imagine the loss of a child, it is just unnatural. I hope your SIL has a good support group of family and friends, she will definantly be in my thoughts and prayers! I understand about you wanting to post on the podcast boards, I am sure the podcast gang will never know how much of a bright spot they are to some of their listeners during hard times!

Mandy, It is hard to imagine losing a child. Would you even believe that this is the second child that they've lost? After Cooper's accident, they had a second child who we thought was healthy until she was born. She was born with a chromosomal problem that wasn't on the record books before her. They said it was just a freak accident... Now they have a healthy daughter to help ease their pain.

I won't even begin to go into all of the years of heartache that our family has had... But it started after Christmas in 1999 and it's really just continued. Now, I don't want to sound sad, because we aren't. We are blessed people and it's amazing to watch how God has taken care of us, taught us and used us not just in-spite of the problems, but through them.

Mandy, It is hard to imagine losing a child. Would you even believe that this is the second child that they've lost? After Cooper's accident, they had a second child who we thought was healthy until she was born. She was born with a chromosomal problem that wasn't on the record books before her. They said it was just a freak accident... Now they have a healthy daughter to help ease their pain.

I won't even begin to go into all of the years of heartache that our family has had... But it started after Christmas in 1999 and it's really just continued. Now, I don't want to sound sad, because we aren't. We are blessed people and it's amazing to watch how God has taken care of us, taught us and used us not just in-spite of the problems, but through them.

Sometimes we think we have it so bad until we hear about the problems of others! What a terrible thing to happen to any parent, let alone go through it twice.

Wow. You and your family are in my thoughts...

This has been a rough year so far for us too...here's hoping the rest of the year is better!

{{{{{hugs}}}}} to all in need!

So sorry for what your family is going through.....You will be in my prayers.

What a tragedy. I am so sorry for your family's unspeakable loss. :grouphug:

I'm so sorry.

Sounds like the beginning of our year. Dec. 9th my Aunt (my mother's SIL who lived with her) passed away. Then right before Christmas my mother's best friend passed away. January 5th my son's best friend's sister passed away (she was 14 and had muscular dystrophy). And the last (and hopefully final one). My Aunt (my mother's last sister) passed away last week.

You are not alone. Hopefully things will get better the rest of the year.

SConnell, you and your family will be in my prayers. Sometimes it seems like when it rains it pours. 2006 was our "hard" year: I had our 4th child, my husband parents both passed away suddenly and unexpectedly, and our son was diagnosed with cancer right after turning 4. It was the worst 6 months of our lives. I honestly almost lost all my Faith but but thank goodness, even though it didn't feel like it, God was carrying us the whole time. It took time for the fog to clear to be able to see the path we had traveled and how many provisions God made for us along the way, we truly saw beauty from ashes! We all have had hard situations but none are never the same, so to say I know what your family is going through would be insensitive. I could not imagine the loss of a child, even though it has been a very real possibility for us, it is just unnatural. I hope your SIL has a good support group of family and friends, she will definantly be in my thoughts and prayers! I understand about you wanting to post on the podcast boards, I wish I knew about this place and the podcast during our trial. I am sure the podcast gang will never know how much of a bright spot they are to some of their listeners during hard times!

What a humbling and beautiful message you have shared with us. Thank you. I am praying for sconnel's family and I am also adding your family to my prayers. I pray for your son's health. Total health. Having worked for a children's hospice and children's hospital, I just want to assure you that I witnessed unbelieveable, wonderful, COMPLETE recoveries, for even the seemingly most hopeless of situations. I find the disboards and WDW to be examples of those provisions you talked about! I know I use it as a coping mechanism constantly, and you are right, they do provide such bright spots in our day! Having grown up with homelessness and so on (a lot of "so on"), I find the boards to be a guilty pleasure of mine, except I don't really feel too guilty---just happier after reading and listening! I hope sconnel doesn't feel guilty either for sharing her horrible tragedies with us. We understand!! My elderly mom is down to 85 pounds and is dying of an inoperable gigantic tumor on her neck which is cutting off her airway and she recently lost my dad to brain, bone, prostate and bladder cancer...just sharing this to show empathy and to say, lean away on the disboards---you are not alone!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter