• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2010/2011 Armed Forces Salute Tickets

Has anyone confirmed if a family of three (service member in attendance) can buy the 6 tickets and use them back to back for 8 days? TIA

Great info everyone. Two quick questions I didn't see addressed yet:

1) Do you need to buy all the same type of ticket? For example, can you get some of the tickets as the four day PHs, and some with the PH and waterparks option? Or do they all need to match?

2) At the start of the thread someone mentioned military discounts at Cirque but I didn't seem to be part of the other military discount pages that have been linked to on the thread. Does anyone know more about this?

Great info everyone. Two quick questions I didn't see addressed yet:

1) Do you need to buy all the same type of ticket? For example, can you get some of the tickets as the four day PHs, and some with the PH and waterparks option? Or do they all need to match?

2) At the start of the thread someone mentioned military discounts at Cirque but I didn't seem to be part of the other military discount pages that have been linked to on the thread. Does anyone know more about this?

I can answer #1. You are able to mix and match. We bought (2) 4 day PHs and (4) 4 day PHs with WPM!

Has anyone confirmed if a family of three (service member in attendance) can buy the 6 tickets and use them back to back for 8 days? TIA

Would like to know the answer to this as well. DH is active duty military, I will be taking DD to WDW in July (staying at SOG). We plan to do 5, maybe 6 days in the parks and it would be cheaper to purchase 4 salute tickets than 2- 5 or 6 day stars and stripes tickets.

I can answer #1. You are able to mix and match. We bought (2) 4 day PHs and (4) 4 day PHs with WPM!

WOW GLAD I clicked on this thread!! So you are saying I could buy 2 -4 day PH and 2 -4day PH with WPM and give 2 of the WPM tickets to the other members in my party instead of buying 4 WPM tickets and not using the extra's?? OH please say its so!!!

WOW GLAD I clicked on this thread!! So you are saying I could buy 2 -4 day PH and 2 -4day PH with WPM and give 2 of the WPM tickets to the other members in my party instead of buying 4 WPM tickets and not using the extra's?? OH please say its so!!!

I would think so. We bought 2- 4day PH for my parents and we got ourselves 4- 4day PH with WPM. As long as the tickets are used by the same person for all of the options, it should be fine.

Once the purchasing service member activates all the tickets, they will not be asked to show ID again. The members of the party are free to go where they choose with or without the service member!

I would think so. We bought 2- 4day PH for my parents and we got ourselves 4- 4day PH with WPM. As long as the tickets are used by the same person for all of the options, it should be fine.

Once the purchasing service member activates all the tickets, they will not be asked to show ID again. The members of the party are free to go where they choose with or without the service member!

boo :( not exactly what I meant. I meant if DH and I bought the WPM tickets for $165, then bought the kids the 4 day PH for $138 , could we give the kids the extra 2 WP tickets we didnt use. But I think your answer was no? The WP ticket has to be used by the person who's name is attached to it?

boo :( not exactly what I meant. I meant if DH and I bought the WPM tickets for $165, then bought the kids the 4 day PH for $138 , could we give the kids the extra 2 WP tickets we didnt use. But I think your answer was no? The WP ticket has to be used by the person who's name is attached to it?

The answer is NO. The Military Salute tickets are just like any other tickets, Non Transferable... Meaning you can't share tickets with anyone. Its only $27 more to upgrade to the WPM option on the Military Salute tickets.

So if tickets are purchased at SOG then we would need to stop at the TCC to activate them, corrct?

DS24 and I just bought 4 tics and each of us used two, so we did 8 days. We both were there at activation at the ticket window, and the CM not only asked for DS's military ID, but my ID, too, and put my name on two tickets and my son's name on the other two. So I think you're OK with your family of three. Have a magical time!

-Dorothy

What a wonderful source of information this thread has been, thank you to all! Can three people use two 4day tickets to stay at the parks for a total of 8 days? Should you buy all 6 tickets at one time and activate 3 at a time on day 1 and 3 more on day 5? They do sell these at our base and active duty person will be there all 8 days. (Mom, Dad and daughter). Do they have a problem putting the same names on two tickets at the time of activation? Thanks again for the help.

the CM not only asked for DS's military ID, but my ID, too, and put my name on two tickets and my son's name on the other two.
-Dorothy

Hmm....this concerns me. We have purchased tkts for our family of four and our niece and nephew. But our niece and nephew are not travelling w/us and won't be there when we activate the tickets. We have done this in the past (activated tkts) without everyone in the party being there with no issues. Is this a new policy?

Last year we ran into a ticket person who really did NOT want to put our names on more than one ticket, but did after we asked for a supervisor. We're considering right now the benefits of using two 4 day tickets rather than just buying an 8 day pass, since the cost is higher this year. If you're not using the water parks, it's worth it, cost wise, but not much. It's $280 for 2 military tickets and $306 for an 8 day hopper (without tax),a savings but not as much as it has been in the past. If you're using the water parks, you save more. A hopper with water park added is $360 for 8 days, while 2 military tickets with water parks activated on one is around $305.

Thanks appleorchard. Could this be avoided by activating three of them on the first day, and then the last three on day 5? If we purchase them at our home base, can't we activate them seperately on different days? This would seem to alleviate one cast member having to write the same names on two tickets. Has anyone done this this year with the current promotion? Every dollar helps in our situation.

You know what--that's a good idea. Except I believe they record the names in the computer, but who knows if they'd look up the previous names. Last year, we knew others had done it, but also knew that some people had gotten grief about it, so we were apprehensive and were going to try a "cover" story with false names. I mean, no one checks the names at the turnstyle! I'm basically too honest, though and couldn't go through with it lol. I'm planning to activate two for myself this year, because I'm staying an extra few days after DH goes home to spend time with my sis, niece and grand-nephews, our other ticket recipients. I'll stand firm on the fact that I know it's allowed (still a little nervous, though, after last year's issues...)

so they put your name on the tickets? Do they put names on the water park tickets as well? Has anyone been yet and experienced this first hand??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter