2010 dISBrides what have you planned?

I have a lot planned in my mind... but I'm afraid to get too attached to specifics in case Disney changes everything by 2010! :scared:

Uh oh... the new photographer rule changes are exactly what I meant... now I'm sad! :sad1:

so you dont think having a trial 2 years before isnt silly?

would the vendor mind doing this knowing that i couldnt book them straight away?

I most likely wouldn't do a trial 2 years ahead of time. Really to much can happen in that time such as changing your mind on the style, or the person no longer working for the company, in the area, or whatever.

:goodvibes Sounds good to me! what kind of craft items do you plan on making? I would love to hear your ideas!:goodvibes I have a couple different things I am and have been working on.... a mickey head fan template, petal cones( which may opt out of and just have disney do depending on price),a photo guest book which I have actually started collecting/ scanning the pictures for from our wedding, special t shirts designs( which we always do for our trips) and a few other ideas brewing too....:goodvibes

Well right now I am not sure. I am going to the make invitations, welcome bags, and all of that. I found this centerpiece
treecenterpiece.jpg

but I was thinking of making my own out of red roses instead. I know there will be other things as I move along in the process.

I have started to collect and scan pics from our wedding/honeymoon(our first wdw trip) through today from all past trips and trying to organize them into a photo guest book for our VR. I never realized how many disney pic we have, but anyhow here is a picture of the cover I think I will use use....
guestbookpic.jpg

The book will be 20 pages with padded cover. the cover and the pages are a pale blue with faint yellow stars .....inside will be pictures from all our trips with us, family and friends.This is def. still a work in progress.Any thoughts ?

The book sounds great to me. Where are you getting it at?

Uh oh... the new photographer rule changes are exactly what I meant... now I'm sad! :sad1:

What is the new rule? I must ahve missed that one. Darn me leaving the house to go shopping. :rotfl:

Wow I thought they just charged a fee for that. If they start forcing us to use only Disney for eveything I may just have to find somewhere else to do my VR were I can get a lot more for my money.

You can still use outside vendors for the locations outside of the parks, but I really want an Epcot location!

You can still use outside vendors for the locations outside of the parks, but I really want an Epcot location!

I have been considering a EPCOT wedding too. My only concern with it is how early it has to be. I have also been considering AAP for the reception and I want a DP so I wouldn't really be able to use an outside vendor. I guess it may just come down to what I am more willing to sacrifice.

has anyone ever thought about or heard anything about have a reception at Disney Studios? My co-worker said her friend had her pre-reception in the wild west section of the Great Movie Ride then for the reception had it in the Wizard of Oz section.

has anyone ever thought about or heard anything about have a reception at Disney Studios? My co-worker said her friend had her pre-reception in the wild west section of the Great Movie Ride then for the reception had it in the Wizard of Oz section.

The Great Movie Ride is the only place I have heard of for a reception and I know they have a Fantasmic DP. But that is about it.

i believe the great movie ride is an option available on the Disney WishBook... not sure of the cost though.

I would think, with all the colors in Oz that you wouldnt need to have much decorations. I could probably get by without centerpieces if I wanted (to cut costs a little). I could do those big swirl/circle lolli pops...I always think of the lollipop guild in there.

I am still working on our guest photo book and having a blast....it is fun looking for and through old pics. At this point I am using shutterfly just because I really like some of the page designs etc. It is simple too.Just drag in pics and add text if you want. I will post more as it progresses.
guestbookpic.jpg

My 2 DDs and I went to davids yesterday just to look at dresses for them. Davids wasn't busy at all and staff just asked if we needed help and when we replied just looking they were pleasant, which was nice. Both DDs saw some dresses they liked and some they didn't but it was a fun and pleasant day. So have some ideas for future....

My 2 DDs and I went to davids yesterday just to look at dresses for them. Davids wasn't busy at all and staff just asked if we needed help and when we replied just looking they were pleasant, which was nice. Both DDs saw some dresses they liked and some they didn't but it was a fun and pleasant day. So have some ideas for future....

That sounds like so much fun. I have thought about going to try on some dresses but I am worried. I know myself and if I fall in love with a dress I will be so tempted to just buy it there on the spot. The downside to that is who knows what size I will need in 2 1/2 years.

I have seen a few dresses I like for the girls but I keep thinking of their ages now, not what they will be in 2 years.

I was looking around and I found that Oriental trading Co has decorate your own take out containers. I am thinking of getting them to use as favor boxes. I was thinking of covering them in silver & white and red & white wrapping paper and putting bows on the top so they look like christmas gifts. I haven't decided if I will use handles on them or not. I guess I will just have to play around with it a bit.

Oh yeah I also added silver to my color scheme. I am going with silver, white and red. The main color will be white with red to add a pop of color and the silver to add some sparkle ;)

That sounds like so much fun. I have thought about going to try on some dresses but I am worried. I know myself and if I fall in love with a dress I will be so tempted to just buy it there on the spot. The downside to that is who knows what size I will need in 2 1/2 years.

I have seen a few dresses I like for the girls but I keep thinking of their ages now, not what they will be in 2 years.

I was looking around and I found that Oriental trading Co has decorate your own take out containers. I am thinking of getting them to use as favor boxes. I was thinking of covering them in silver & white and red & white wrapping paper and putting bows on the top so they look like christmas gifts. I haven't decided if I will use handles on them or not. I guess I will just have to play around with it a bit.

Oh yeah I also added silver to my color scheme. I am going with silver, white and red. The main color will be white with red to add a pop of color and the silver to add some sparkle ;)

We just went and looked for the same reason, but got an idea of colors etc.

oooh! The silver added sounds pretty! :goodvibes

Another 2010 DISbride here!! :goodvibes It is nice to know that there are a lot of us out there! :yay: I am hoping to do an escape wedding in May. I have not done much planning yet because we just recently decided to have the wedding in Disney World when we were originally thinking it would just be the honeymoon. Does anyone know when is the earliest you can start booking stuff for 2010? I am anxious to get the location and date set! popcorn::

Another 2010 DISbride here!! :goodvibes It is nice to know that there are a lot of us out there! :yay: I am hoping to do an escape wedding in May. I have not done much planning yet because we just recently decided to have the wedding in Disney World when we were originally thinking it would just be the honeymoon. Does anyone know when is the earliest you can start booking stuff for 2010? I am anxious to get the location and date set! popcorn::
welcome! There are some of us here. Looking forward to hearing more of your plans ...:goodvibes

:welcome:

The earliest you can book is one year out. Some of the locations are eight months. I've also heard that you can be "pencilled in" at 18 months, but it depends on who you talk to at DFTW!

I did it! It has been ordered. I had a coupon and then with free shipping I managed to get it done. I used the cover idea below and then started with a simple intro, the added wedding pictures then honeymoon and then a collage of various ones through our last visit in jan this year.
guestbookpic.jpg
I used the star design page through out, sort of keeping the the "magical" theme.Then borrowing another Disbrides idea I used disney like quotes and pics of us, family and friends on wdw trips through the years. I had trouble deciding what to use on the back cover ,but finally chose to use a verse from our wedding program " faith, hope and Love...." with a picture from our wedding of our hands/rings together with words " celebrating twenty years of magically ever after" then our names with wedding date and VR month/year. I hope it turns out well. My DDs and I worked on finding all the older pictures to scan and use. It was fun sharing memories as we created the book. :goodvibes

:welcome: I have pretty much heard what the others have said. I probably heard it from them :rolleyes1

I did it! It has been ordered. I had a coupon and then with free shipping I managed to get it done. I used the cover idea below and then started with a simple intro, the added wedding pictures then honeymoon and then a collage of various ones through our last visit in jan this year.
guestbookpic.jpg
I used the star design page through out, sort of keeping the the "magical" theme.Then borrowing another Disbrides idea I used disney like quotes and pics of us, family and friends on wdw trips through the years. I had trouble deciding what to use on the back cover ,but finally chose to use a verse from our wedding program " faith, hope and Love...." with a picture from our wedding of our hands/rings together with words " celebrating twenty years of magically ever after" then our names with wedding date and VR month/year. I hope it turns out well. My DDs and I worked on finding all the older pictures to scan and use. It was fun sharing memories as we created the book. :goodvibes

It sounds great! I can't to see some of the pages. I am considering doing one, but right now I am trying to hold off on planning to much just in case.

well I figured out how to post some of the pages from the book. they will be small and some may have the gray text boxes still showing but it will give you an idea until the finished book arrives. Can you tell I am excited! I think the whole process was so neat! Let me know what you think....

here is the title page.... I used the same pic from the cover. Its one of my favorites.
pagegbtitle.jpg

I used the "sometimes in the middle of an ordinary life verse"

here our wedding some candids
pagegb2.jpg

pagegb3.jpg

he text here reads "The magic began twenty years ago..."

then from our honeymoon trip to wdw-our first.
pagegb4.jpg

pagegb5.jpg

The text here reads:
"on our Disney World honeymoon..."

collage of pics through the years:
pagegb6.jpg

pagegb7.jpg

the text " and continues through today"
some inside pages:
pagegb14.jpg

this is the next to last page. the text reads " where family and friends share magical moments"
The last page is "they live happily ever after..." with image of mickey and minnie.
pagegb19.jpg

What do you think? I plan on giving out various colored sharpies as favors too so every can sign the book!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter