• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**2010** Epcot Food & Wine Festival ENDED 11/14. 2011 FESTIVAL 9/30-11/13

We thought the same thing!!!:confused3:rotfl2:
Well I'm going to have to have to step aside to allow my much smarter and wiser foodie friends You & Madame oybolshoi to decide on this! ;) Just send me a pm, to He!! with the budget!!!

Richard Ruskell will be at the PftS 10/23 and Sweet Sundays 10/24. 3rd paragraph...
If you’re in the Orlando area in late October, please come to Epcot for the Food & Wine festival. I will be at the Party for the Senses on Saturday October 23 and doing another Sweet Sundays on the 24th. Get your tickets early.

We're trying to finalize dates for our F&W trip (didn't even think we'd make it this year so we're just thrilled to be going!) We know we want to try to get into some of the Special Events this time, depending on what's available and when we go.... Here are the events that appeal to us:

Family and Friends in the Kitchen
Tequila Tasting @ La Cava
French Regional Lunches (but not the red wine ones)
Food & Wine Parings - Italy
Culinary Demos (can't wait to see the full details for those)
and maybe a Signature Dining (but it's not looking like any we want are going to work out with our possible dates)

Can you tell we're not big on sweets?!!? (no sweet sundays or dessert party for us)....

I'm hoping some of you experienced F&W goers have some feedback on any of these events, especially regarding which chefs/wine experts/past food offerings you have enjoyed in the past.

I'm a novice Foodie - I love to cook and I love to watch cooking shows but I don't know much about specific chefs unless they are very famous. I'd love to hear your thoughts and opinions on the Special Events details for F&W this year.

We're trying to finalize dates for our F&W trip (didn't even think we'd make it this year so we're just thrilled to be going!) We know we want to try to get into some of the Special Events this time, depending on what's available and when we go.... Here are the events that appeal to us:

Family and Friends in the Kitchen
Tequila Tasting @ La Cava
French Regional Lunches (but not the red wine ones)
Food & Wine Parings - Italy
Culinary Demos (can't wait to see the full details for those)
and maybe a Signature Dining (but it's not looking like any we want are going to work out with our possible dates)

Can you tell we're not big on sweets?!!? (no sweet sundays or dessert party for us)....

I'm hoping some of you experienced F&W goers have some feedback on any of these events, especially regarding which chefs/wine experts/past food offerings you have enjoyed in the past.

I'm a novice Foodie - I love to cook and I love to watch cooking shows but I don't know much about specific chefs unless they are very famous. I'd love to hear your thoughts and opinions on the Special Events details for F&W this year.

Looks like you siggie will need to be changed now....

Yum. I've been doing some vague looking at the Food & Wine festival menu off of Dis' front page. Would be very tempting to coerce the hubby into going again next year ...

Which leads me to a stupid question! Does it require a special ticket just to be able to purchase the special foods and beverages listed on the menu or is that available for anyone who has admission to Epcot? Not the special events but the food they've got listed here: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/guides/epcot/events/FWmenus.htm?

P.S. I did notice they've got quite a bad typo on their official brochure: Disney has listed Laphroaig as Irish. *gasp* Kilts are gonna get in a bunch over that one! :laughing:

Does it require a special ticket just to be able to purchase the special foods and beverages listed on the menu or is that available for anyone who has admission to Epcot? Not the special events but the food they've got listed here: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/guides/epcot/events/FWmenus.htm?

No special ticket needed, admission to Epcot gives you access to the World Showcase and the Festival Welcome Center. Lots of $5 bills or equivalent in plastic is needed for purchase of items at the kiosks.

P.S. I did notice they've got quite a bad typo on their official brochure: Disney has listed Laphroaig as Irish. *gasp* Kilts are gonna get in a bunch over that one! :laughing:
Depending on who is wearing the kilt it may not be such a bad thing!!!:thumbsup2

No special ticket needed, admission to Epcot gives you access to the World Showcase and the Festival Welcome Center. Lots of $5 bills or equivalent in plastic is needed for purchase of items at the kiosks.

Ah, cheers! It looks like a great time to book another trip then... just gotta do the coercing bit after this trip. ;)

Depending on who is wearing the kilt it may not be such a bad thing!!!:thumbsup2

Oh indeed! My vote goes to either Ewan McGregor or James McAvoy -- honourable mention to Gerard Butler.

Ah, cheers! It looks like a great time to book another trip then... just gotta do the coercing bit after this trip. ;)

Oh indeed! My vote goes to either Ewan McGregor or James McAvoy -- honourable mention to Gerard Butler.

:rotfl2:
I've been keeping up with this thread and so I just skipped to the "last page" and I'll tell you - the first thing that ran through my head was -

"WAIT! Ewan McGregor and James McAvoy are going to be at the Food and Wine Festival!??!?! WHEN!?!?!?!"

Maybe we can start a rumor.... :rotfl:

Still waiting for TIW to send me that booklet about F&W festival. :laughing::rotfl:

Oh that is not good!!! I booked SS on 10/24 to see Gale Gand, not Richard. The booklet said Gale. I hope I can cancel and get my money back....

:rotfl2:
I've been keeping up with this thread and so I just skipped to the "last page" and I'll tell you - the first thing that ran through my head was -

"WAIT! Ewan McGregor and James McAvoy are going to be at the Food and Wine Festival!??!?! WHEN!?!?!?!"

Maybe we can start a rumor.... :rotfl:

I would *so* be rearranging our Sept. trip for October for the Food & Wine Fest. :rotfl: I'd need the bib more than my daughter if either of those guys were there. :thumbsup2

Oh that is not good!!! I booked SS on 10/24 to see Gale Gand, not Richard. The booklet said Gale. I hope I can cancel and get my money back....

Good luck with that. Non-refundable and all. While the booklets can say certain chefs will be in attendance, I have often found myself part of the "TBA" listing for things.

The only time I know for sure Disney allowed refunds was at a California Grill signature dinner event a few years ago. Disney booked a chef from a vegan/vegetarian restaurant in California as their featured chef, and they allowed cancellations. Too many people didn't want to spend that much for a vegetarian menu, I guess. I didn't cancel and was glad I kept it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter