**2010** Epcot Food & Wine Festival ENDED 11/14. 2011 FESTIVAL 9/30-11/13

What's a banner bag?

this is my second F&W but I never heard of those????

Disney takes the F&W F banners that are on display around Epcot and has them made into a tote bag.

Anyone have pictures of this years banner bags?

I'm not holding my breath but would be an AMAZING birthday gift to myself if they still have some when I go... on November 12. It's a VERY very very long shot but a girl can hope can't she?

I asked about the texture of the shrimp cake at the Singapore booth because I tried it last night. The shrimp cake on the skewer was gelatinous and one of the worst things I've tasted this year. Not spicy at all. The noodles served with it were just noodles, no vegetables mixture. Obviously there is batch-to-batch variation in the booth items. It sounded like you it a good day and I didn't!

How strange.....not at all gelantinous - in fact rather crispey. Granted it was not a full serving of veggies....I come home from F/W craving salads, but there were slivers enough.

I'll try to post a dish a day and we can compare notes and those yet to attend can start peering at the dishes before they order. :rotfl:

I'll try to post a dish a day and we can compare notes and those yet to attend can start peering at the dishes before they order. :rotfl:

Thanks - I love that idea and will be looking forward to your posts. Hopefully reading them will sustain me for the next 7 days until I can get to WDW and the F&W fest myself!

How strange.....not at all gelantinous - in fact rather crispey. Granted it was not a full serving of veggies....I come home from F/W craving salads, but there were slivers enough.

Yeah - I had a bad batch of the shrimp cakes too. Which is fine as there was enough other things to make up for it!

The shrimp cake was the one item my DW did not like last week at F&W. Everything else was fantastic though. My favorite was the lamb sliders.

Can anyone tell me the closest location to pick up a Food & Wine passport if entering Epcot through the International Gateway?

The second in my entries of Food and Wine reviews - this one goes to the best value bar none (oops - disclaimer - we were not there long enough to try everything).

At Puerto Rico - the Asopao de Pollo - chicken soup with rice.

It was loaded with chicken, and real slow cooked chicken, not chunks like canned soup. It has some rice, but not thick like a stew but thicker than a "soup" would be. the base was of slightly tomatoey (is that a word?) with some spicey flavouring and a few standard veggies, carrots and celery.

The bowl was larger than I expected and it was one of the few entrees under $3.00.......As stated, this rates best value for taste, flavour and price.

YUM....by the way - what is for dinner?

The second in my entries of Food and Wine reviews - this one goes to the best value bar none (oops - disclaimer - we were not there long enough to try everything).

It was loaded with chicken, and real slow cooked chicken, not chunks like canned soup. It has some rice, but not thick like a stew but thicker than a "soup" would be. the base was of slightly tomatoey (is that a word?) with some spicey flavouring and a few standard veggies, carrots and celery.

The bowl was larger than I expected and it was one of the few entrees under $3.00.......As stated, this rates best value for taste, flavour and price.

Maybe mama was in the back cooking it. Sounds good. I have a friend here who's mom makes the best puerto rican food. Interested to see how this measures up. Sounds yummy I have to try it now.

idk if this is too off topic but does the F&WF traditionally start the first week of October?

we just got back on the 13th and really enjoyed the cheese fondue. We enjoyed the crab cakes from Hops and Barley the most of all the dishes we tried.

idk if this is too off topic but does the F&WF traditionally start the first week of October?

we just got back on the 13th and really enjoyed the cheese fondue. We enjoyed the crab cakes from Hops and Barley the most of all the dishes we tried.

It's been extended over the years due to popularity. October was always been one of the slow months for Disney. Kids are back in school, and before the holidays. I believe this fest was a way for them to draw in crowds. It's been going on for 15 years now and I'm 30 so I may off a little bit. but I'm a disney brat and have grown up around disney since I was born.

I believe it started out in October but wasn't nearly a month long, maybe even just two weeks and expanded all the way to the the second week of nov.

Can anyone tell me the closest location to pick up a Food & Wine passport if entering Epcot through the International Gateway?

From what I have heard, they are only at the main center up toward the front of Epcot. To get there from The International Gateway, you would walk through England and Canada and then head toward the front. The old Wonders of Life Pavilion is on the side that Test Track is on and should be next to Ellen's Energy Adventure.

The Festival has been scheduled to include the first week of October since 2004. Prior to that it usually started mid October, with some early years just being weekends.

Since 2004 the earliest start date was Sept 26 with the latest start date being Oct 1.

Next year's dates are Sept 30 - Nov 13, 2011

Thanks Red, i thought i saw the dates posted somewhere but couldn't find it. I do believe you but could you post the link where you found this. I just want to browse and " have proof" to show DH :0) so we can make PLANS!!!!!!!! for next year.

Thanks Red, i thought i saw the dates posted somewhere but couldn't find it. I do believe you but could you post the link where you found this. I just want to browse and " have proof" to show DH :0) so we can make PLANS!!!!!!!! for next year.

Ah ... the old proof is in the pudding kind of thing ...

Back cover of this years Festival Guide page 25 in the pdf document. The Festival Guide is on the Disney website.

Very interesting that you pointed this out about the chicken soup with rice. As I mentioned maybe mama was cooking it. Turns out we were right. They held a contest this year for Disney Cast Members and the winning dish would be featured. The one that one was the Puerto Rican Asopao de Pollo (chicken soup with rice).

Now I HAVE to try it!

Information source Wesh 2 News Orlando - http://www.wesh.com/themeparks/25385802/detail.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter