2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ, Part II---Inactive Thread--- Please do not post here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the latest graphic for the BC/YC pin. She wasn't happy about having to "tweek" it so hopefully everyone likes it.

BC-YC-DIS1-2.jpg

If so, I can create the pins this weekend and UPS to Teena.

I think it looks great. I'd love to wear mine for my september trip.
Jill

Looks awesome to me. Will alsos be willing to contribute (as long as I can get one!)

Thanks so much, and thanks to the creative DISer who put this together!

Sorry, I should have given her credit. It was RustManFan, she has MANY threads on the Creative Disigns section at the bottom of the forum. I used several of her designs for my countdown calendar.

Janloz, thank you. I would be willing to contribute towards the cost if needed. Teena, I think it's great that you would be willing to distribute them. I would think the DISer would be the one who would want it and that one would be enough per family so a supply of 50-75 would last a while. I hope they are available when I arrive on November 29 for my stay on the "dark side" because I will display it proudly!

CBurek, I hope you have a really MAGICAL vacation. Sounds like it's gotten off to a good start.

And Teena, I have never been a "picky" coffee drinker. What ever Disney is putting out is fine with me. I'll even drink Starbucks if it's the only thing around, as happens many times at convention hotels that I go to.

Looks awesome to me. Will alsos be willing to contribute (as long as I can get one!)

Thanks so much, and thanks to the creative DISer who put this together!

I think it looks great. I'd love to wear mine for my september trip.
Jill

Let me look around to see how much additional pins would be. I think they have them on Oriental trading. I will let you know.

I look forward to meeting you ... I'll be back to work on October 10th.

since we are there from 10/1-10/10 I will need to make certain I stop in our last day to say "HI!"

Here is the latest graphic for the BC/YC pin. She wasn't happy about having to "tweek" it so hopefully everyone likes it.

th_BC-YC-DIS1-2.jpg

I think it looks great, janloz. Thanks for asking one of our wonderful DISigners to do this. We have a lot of fun over on that board so even if you all have never thought to look there you ought to give it a read sometime. Most of us who started on there no longer design, but have become great friends and have kept chatting for many years (we are on Chapter 26 of our thread!). There are some amazing DISigners on there and they are so gracious with their time and talents!

I know I would be the only person in my group who would wear the pin, so I think fewer numbers might be needed if that is the case overall. I would also be willing to chip in to help pay for these if we go over the number you can comfortably make. :goodvibes

I like the new design - it's really pretty. I'd hate to get the designer upset with more changes, but the only thing I'm a little torn about is that it's missing the Villas and a good 30-40% of us are BCV people. It certainly doesn't matter to me but it might to them. Maybe the BCV logo could just be added (no pictures) ... it would probably fit a little above the W of Walt Disney World.

The only other thing is that the name of the resort is the Yacht & Beach Club, not the Beach & Yacht Club. Again, I'm not the one wearing it so if all of you don't care, it's ok with me, but I'm alittle bit of a perfectionist and I'd rather see it reworked until it's perfect than to rush into it. What do you all think? To me it's sort of like saying the Floridian Grand Resort instead of the real name, the Grand Floridian Resort.

Is the new design a square pin then ... about the size of the birthday buttons and first visit buttons?

There's certainly no rush. Let's tweak it until everybody is absolutely sure this is it. I'm leaving Tuesday and won't be back to work until the 5th and I get home real late on the 4th. Even if you got them done and mailed to me this weekend, I doubt I'd even have time to get them in envelopes and take to work on the 5th and 6th so that means I couldn't get them to work until the 12th of September.

If the designer doesn't want to make any changes, please don't worry about it ... don't upset her. If everybody likes it the way it is, then go ahead and do it. Those two little changes should be real easy though. I do love it ... it is really awesome!

Just my opinion ... I'll go along with the majority.

The only other thing is that the name of the resort is the Yacht & Beach Club, not the Beach & Yacht Club. Again, I'm not the one wearing it so if all of you don't care, it's ok with me, but I'm alittle bit of a perfectionist and I'd rather see it reworked until it's perfect than to rush into it. What do you all think? To me it's sort of like saying the Floridian Grand Resort instead of the real name, the Grand Floridian Resort.

Just my opinion ... I'll go along with the majority.

I have been trying again to catch up on this thread....wow!

I really like the pin idea. Totally agree with Teena - the Beach and Yacht Club instead of the Yacht and Beach Club was the first thing to catch my eye.

Just my two cents.

However, this is such a great idea. I would love to have one!

I'd love a pin! Just let me know how much to chip in.

Teena -if you are the "keeper of the pins" put one aside for me!

BC-YC-DIS1-2.jpg

Those are cool!!

We were just chosen to ride on a float in the 3pm parade. Yippy. It was great to meet Teena, see you Saturday.

How big is it?

Just sort of thinking out loud but I had a vision of something like a button-pin ... like the first visit or happy birthday pins they give out at the front desk ... that size or a tad smaller. Is that possible? What do the rest of you think???

I'm thinking no year on it since we'd want to wear it year after year. Again, just my thoughts.

And maybe something more like "Y&B Disser" (do you spell it Diser or Disser?) I think we are a special group and I hate to say it, but lots of people don't like the Disboards because some of those threads get real ugly and nasty. I've had people say to me when I mention the Disboards, "are you kidding, you go on them? You don't seem the type." I understand what they mean ... I have friends who read once in a while but would never post ... let's face it, most of the threads get ugly. So I personally don't want to advertise I'm on the Disboards, although I have no problem saying I'm just a Y&B Disser. How do you all feel?

Definitely love the green .. like the picture although I would prefer it to be the Beach side and not the "dark side" (lol)! Is there a picture that shows both resorts or maybe the 3 logos instead (YC, BC and BCV) all together instead of a photo that only shows one of the resorts? That would probably be more representative of our group here.

Let's hear comments from everybody!!

I can't see the image anymore but would like to add that it would be nice to have space to write in your log-in ID with a Sharpie. Mine is a pain to say to people--I always have to spell it. If it can be written out on the button, it would save some explanation.

We will be staying at Yacht Club this December (barring another wacky change from me, or great deal elsewhere) and will have a rental car, simply because we got it for "free" (tax and car seat rental, since I don't want to haul ours = >$100/week), with my husband's Hertz gold points. Anywho, when should we plan on using it?

Obviously, Epcot and Hollywood Studios are no brainers: we'll walk or use Disney transportation. But what about the other parks? Is it faster/easier to bus to Magic Kingdom or Animal Kingdom, or should we drive and park ourselves? What about downtown Disney and visiting other resorts (for meals, etc.)?

Not that this is urgent with our trip still three months-plus out, but I'm curious how more experienced Disney guests handle it. This will be our first-time staying on property and we haven't been to Disney at all since 1998 (it's my son's first-ever visit). We're looking for low hassle factor here.

Oh and, my son will be almost four and wouldn't be caught dead in a stroller at home (been that way for a long time now), but we're planning on taking a cheap umbrella one to Disney (or maybe renting in-park???) because we know he won't be able to do all that walking.

And, most importantly to my son, what is our best excuse to ride that darn monorail when we're not staying at the monorail resorts?

With my limited Publisher skills I was able to make the changes. When I make the pins, I will leave a space at the top or bottom for screen names. As soon as I make them, I will take a picture and post it so you can all see how it looks. It will be a round button approximately the same size at the Birthday buttons they give out at Disney.

If people are going soon and want the buttons since Teena will be away, if you send me a PM with your name and Address, I will be happy to send them to you or if you would like, I can send to the BC for you. If you will be there the same time as me, Sept 11th-19th, I can bring them for you and leave at the front desk. :)

pin2.jpg

Hi there,

I have been a lurker for some time now and I would like to thank everyone for all the information given. I am a single dad and I am planning to bring my son to Disney and stay at the BC for 8 days in Aug 2011 during his 9th birthday. I used to be an AK DVC member but due to an end of a relationship I had to sell my DVC. I have been debating for a few months now if I should try and wait to see if a "pin discount" is issued for the time I will be down there or if I should just rent from "Dave's vacation club rentals". I am on a tight budget and I know I can't plan on a pin discount being issued so I think I have chosen to rent DVC points and stay in a studio at BCV. Well come to think of it I did buy the park tickets already from Undercover Tourist and I want to do the meal plan so I guess I have already committed to staying at the BCV. I am very nervous about renting points this way but it seams safe.

Sorry about the rambling and to get to my question, does the BCV have its own check in desk or do we need to go to the lobby of the BC to check in?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Hi there,

I have been a lurker for some time now and I would like to thank everyone for all the information given. I am a single dad and I am planning to bring my son to Disney and stay at the BC for 8 days in Aug 2011 during his 9th birthday. I used to be an AK DVC member but due to an end of a relationship I had to sell my DVC. I have been debating for a few months now if I should try and wait to see if a "pin discount" is issued for the time I will be down there or if I should just rent from "Dave's vacation club rentals". I am on a tight budget and I know I can't plan on a pin discount being issued so I think I have chosen to rent DVC points and stay in a studio at BCV. Well come to think of it I did buy the park tickets already from Undercover Tourist and I want to do the meal plan so I guess I have already committed to staying at the BCV. I am very nervous about renting points this way but it seams safe.

Sorry about the rambling and to get to my question, does the BCV have its own check in desk or do we need to go to the lobby of the BC to check in?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

I just wanted to say that I think it's awesome that you are taking your son to Disney, especially as a single dad :-)

I believe you do have to check in at the BC lobby. Why don't you wait to see if a discount is offered before committing to the renting points. You said you have your tickets already - but there could be room only offers that come out. August usually has free dining as well, so if they offer that, you could just add 1 day tickets to your package and use them some other time.

With my limited Publisher skills I was able to make the changes. When I make the pins, I will leave a space at the top or bottom for screen names. As soon as I make them, I will take a picture and post it so you can all see how it looks. It will be a round button approximately the same size at the Birthday buttons they give out at Disney.

If people are going soon and want the buttons since Teena will be away, if you send me a PM with your name and Address, I will be happy to send them to you or if you would like, I can send to the BC for you. If you will be there the same time as me, Sept 11th-19th, I can bring them for you and leave at the front desk. :)

pin2.jpg

Great Job! Thanks for all of your work on this and I will proudly wear my button during my vacation.
Jill

pin2.jpg

PERFECT, PERFECT, PERFECT!!!

Great Job ... sorry to be just a pain with the details. After you get back from your vacation, I can take over with the pins. So starting after 9/19, anybody that is arriving needs to let me know the following if you want a pin waiting for you at the front desk: name on reservation, arrival date and which resort (BC, BCV or YC) and amount of pins you want. Also, when you check in, make sure you whoever is checking you in that you have something in the mail file at the front desk.

PERFECT, PERFECT, PERFECT!!!

Great Job ... sorry to be just a pain with the details. After you get back from your vacation, I can take over with the pins. So starting after 9/19, anybody that is arriving needs to let me know the following if you want a pin waiting for you at the front desk: name on reservation, arrival date and which resort (BC, BCV or YC) and amount of pins you want. Also, when you check in, make sure you whoever is checking you in that you have something in the mail file at the front desk.

Thanks, never a problem to get it right. ;)

Again, if you want a pin prior to my arrival on 9/11 please PM me your name and home address or if you want it sent to BC directly I will need your arrival date (Teena, can you give the me the proper address to mail them direct?) If you will be there from 9/11-9/19 please PM me your name, which resort and arrival date and i will leave at the front desk for you. thanks.

We were just chosen to ride on a float in the 3pm parade. Yippy. It was great to meet Teena, see you Saturday.

That's so exciting. We were one of the Grand Marshall families for that parade 5 years ago! It was so cool. I still have our personalized Mickey ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter