• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ, Part II---Inactive Thread--- Please do not post here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Safe and magical vacatoins for all.:cheer2::cheer2:

I will be looking for you Teena, if I don't see you Saturday surley I will see you 1 of the 8 days that we will be there.:)

I can't remember exactly when you said you were going (I think it was in December?) but if it is a time of year when you wouldn't be swimming, then I would save YC/BC for another trip since SAB is one of the best assets of these resorts. The pool at the GF is pretty and the one at CR is improved (but still bleh) so I wouldn't feel bad about not getting to use either of them.

Good luck with your choice! But in the end, go with your gut and choose what is best for you and your family!

Thanks for the advice (to all, again, even the unquoted). You have been SOOOO helpful!

If my gut was strong, I wouldn't be waffling and wavering all over these boards ... Which I didn't even know existed a few weeks ago and now I'm checking 3-4 times per day. :)

I kind of thought the same thing about swimming ... Such a big part of Beach Club, hate to miss it. Kinda' crazy but after jumping into the Disney Kool-Aid I'm already half-planning a second trip (before we've even taken our first!) with my best friend and her kids (no hubbies) next fall if we get a fabled "bounce back" offer in December. Maybe that would be a better time to try Beach or Yacht Club.

I will say though that this is the Disney resort that holds the most appeal for me, personally.

Thanks again everyone. You have been SO nice and I hope I didn't in any way derail your Beach Club thread!

Even more DISers! A lot of trips coming up VERY soon! Have a great time, everybody! :woohoo::yay:

BC/YC August DISers:

cyndisun: YC CL 8/12-8/17
EllieBelle: BC 8/13-8/15
WDW4us2006: BC 8/14-8/19
eandesmom: YC 8/14-8/19 (WL 8/11-8/14)
Manda: BC 8/14-8/22
Echo queen: BC 8/15-8/22
punkin712: YC 8/16-8/23
KFJames: YC 08/16-08/26
scooterpej: YC 8/18-8/23
KerryCM: YC CL 8/18-8/24
Big Daddy Incredible: YC 8/18-8/27
WeCantWait: BC 8/18-8/28
goodferry: BC 8/20-8/22
cburek: YC 8/19-8/22
Beth A: YC CL 8/20-8/24
Dustin & Shelby's Mom: YC CL 8/20-8/27
ddluvsdisney: BC CL 8/20-8/27
emmysmommy: BC CL: 8/21-8/28
DrMomof3: BCV 8/21-8/28
TinkermomX2: BC 8/21-8/28
LouiseUK: YC 8/22-9/5
jackal: BC 8/22-?
DisneyJen1969: YC CL 8/23-8/28
Kelly in NY: BC CL 8/24-8/26 (POR 8/17-8/24)
lucas: BC CL 8/26-8/29 (POP 8/25) (pin event 8/27-8/29)
kldmom2000: BC 8/28-9/1
dawnbu40: BC 8/29-9/5 (pin event 8/29)

NOTE FROM TEENA:
"OK, I now have my full schedule up until I leave to go out and help Jeanne in school.

My hours are 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM. I normally take a short lunch break at 12:45 (20-25 minutes) and then a short snack break at 4:00 PM. I normally walk out of the lobby and into the back office around 5:45 PM. If I'm not there, I'm helping a guest or running into the back to print a boarding pass or something so hang around.

Working:
8/12, 8/13, 8/14, 8/15, 8/16, 8/21, 8/22 and 8/23.

Really looking forward to meeting lots of disboarders. Let me know if you schedule a meet on any of these days. I could do them any day but 8/23 ... gotta rush home and pack and get up at 4 AM the next day to get to the airport."

lucas-you can officially add me in for August 28-Sept 1st :banana: :banana:

Just a quickie mom/daughter trip before school starts back up... couldn't pass up the AMAZING SWA airfare and just over 40% off @ the BC! :thumbsup2

I've NEVER gone twice in the same year let alone TWICE in one SUMMER!!! :rotfl:

DD11 and I are coming down to see the new Harry Potter stuff and then spending 2 nights at BC (one day at MK). I was hoping for a view of Epcot fireworks, but don't know if there are any rooms with this view and, if so, what should I put in my request?

We stayed at the GF last year and had a MK view. What an experience that was. We heard the music from the shows and watched the fireworks from our balcony. The hotel and the grounds are gorgeous.

Love BC due to the proximity of Epcot which we all finally appreciated as we took the time to explore it during our two stays at the BC.

Poly I loved the overall theme but felt the rooms were not quite what I expected and I seem to remember that they were a bit dark and we didn't like their transportation and we used the TTC as we were in the building closest to that.

Ever since I was a kid my first time at Epcot I have looked longingly on the YC/BC and wished I was there. In '09 I took my husband and son for their first trip to Disney and we knew we were doing long days at the parks, so we went with POP. For October 2011. . .in celebration of my 10th Anniversary. . .I AM STAYING AT THE YC!! I can't believe my husband agreed to it :banana:!!

So. . .I have a couple questions. . .

1. My husband wants to stay CL, which I would love. He's a snacker and would sit in the lounge and snack all day if I let him. Is the CL price worth it? The garden view CL is about $500 more for our 6 days.

2. I know the snacks/food won't replace meals. However, we are going during the F&W festival and are planning on eating there. Can we get away with just a burger or something throughout the day besides the CL and F&W food? Or will we still need a meal plan?

3. Are all garden view balconies full balconies? Any "bad" views? Can we see Epcot/Lagoon at least a little from any rooms?

4. We're taking the Amtrak to Orlando (we're crazy, I know :laughing:). Can we still do ME from the airport if we go to the airport? Or should we do taxi?

5. Preference to BC or YC? Better CL/views?

Thanks!! Sorry I have so many questions. Going from value to deluxe is quite an experience! I can't wait to stay in my dream resort!!!

:wave2: Hello everyone! What a friendly thread!

We are staying at YC for the first time Nov 2-9 this year and are soooo looking forward to it. Since we'll be traveling with DD3 and DS who will turn one during our trip :goodvibes we'll need a PnP and a microwave. I am just wondering if we'll have to put the request on our reservation or if both are standard in a regular room?

Thanks!

:wave2: Hello everyone! What a friendly thread!

We are staying at YC for the first time Nov 2-9 this year and are soooo looking forward to it. Since we'll be traveling with DD3 and DS who will turn one during our trip :goodvibes we'll need a PnP and a microwave. I am just wondering if we'll have to put the request on our reservation or if both are standard in a regular room?

Thanks!

Just tell them at the front desk when you check in that you need those two items sent to the room. No, they are not standard in a room.

Ever since I was a kid my first time at Epcot I have looked longingly on the YC/BC and wished I was there. In '09 I took my husband and son for their first trip to Disney and we knew we were doing long days at the parks, so we went with POP. For October 2011. . .in celebration of my 10th Anniversary. . .I AM STAYING AT THE YC!! I can't believe my husband agreed to it :banana:!!

So. . .I have a couple questions. . .

1. My husband wants to stay CL, which I would love. He's a snacker and would sit in the lounge and snack all day if I let him. Is the CL price worth it? The garden view CL is about $500 more for our 6 days.

2. I know the snacks/food won't replace meals. However, we are going during the F&W festival and are planning on eating there. Can we get away with just a burger or something throughout the day besides the CL and F&W food? Or will we still need a meal plan?

3. Are all garden view balconies full balconies? Any "bad" views? Can we see Epcot/Lagoon at least a little from any rooms?

4. We're taking the Amtrak to Orlando (we're crazy, I know :laughing:). Can we still do ME from the airport if we go to the airport? Or should we do taxi?

5. Preference to BC or YC? Better CL/views?

Thanks!! Sorry I have so many questions. Going from value to deluxe is quite an experience! I can't wait to stay in my dream resort!!!

1. My husband wants to stay CL, which I would love. He's a snacker and would sit in the lounge and snack all day if I let him. Is the CL price worth it? The garden view CL is about $500 more for our 6 days. Only you can decide that. However, to me, yes, it is worth it if your family will be spending time at the resort and will actually use the lounge. Some people leave at 7:30 AM and don't return until 11 PM. For them it might not be worth it.
2. I know the snacks/food won't replace meals. However, we are going during the F&W festival and are planning on eating there. Can we get away with just a burger or something throughout the day besides the CL and F&W food? Or will we still need a meal plan? When we stay on CL, we do not get the dining plan. However, you should also get other response from season CL guests on this board.
3. Are all garden view balconies full balconies? Any "bad" views? Can we see Epcot/Lagoon at least a little from any rooms? At the YC, yes, all the garden views are full balconies or patios. Since you are talking 2011, your choices are standard, garden and water. The garden views will be all gardens or courtyards. The yucky views will be standard. Right now (2010), the garden views can be pretty yucky. If you can see the Lagoon, it would be a water view most likely.
4. We're taking the Amtrak to Orlando (we're crazy, I know :laughing:). Can we still do ME from the airport if we go to the airport? Or should we do taxi? Good question. I have no idea.
5. Preference to BC or YC? Better CL/views? Since starting in January 2011, the CL views at both the BC and the YC will be reclassified, if you reserve a garden view, you'll get a garden view, if you reserve a standard view, you'll get a yucky view and if you reserve a water, you'll see water. I prefer the BC but that's me. You'll see more families at the BC and more businessmen (convention people) at the YC.

A lot of trips coming up VERY soon! Have a great time, everybody! :wizard:

BC/YC August DISers:

[/I]

Add me! We'll be there 8/28 - 9/5. Touringplans has low numbers for the whole week. I can't believe it!

Thanks for the quick reply Teena!! Hopefully I can get a few more opinions here :thumbsup2. And if I don't get an answer about ME on the board, I can always ask once I book.

We are currently booked at the Polynesian (club level) for our December trip (9-15). It's me, my husband and our three-year-old son (soon to be 4 by then).

A little background: We currently have a 4-yo and an almost-7-yo. In the past, we've stayed at the WL (at Christmas time), AKV, Poly, and POR. I've also stayed at the Swan and Dolphin by myself for conventions. I'm currently lurking on this thread because we are considering staying at the YC/BC for our next visit (whenever that is).

I think that you are really right that your son will prefer the MK over the other parks. There are great things at Epcot (Soarin' and the kids activities in the WS) and HS (particularly Toy Story MM and the Jedi Training Academy), but MK has the largest variety of rides/shows/etc. for that age, IMO.

The Poly is fantastic for getting to both the MK and Epcot, since you can ride the monorail to the MK from the Poly stop, or just walk over to the TTC for the Epcot monorail. It also has great theming, with a fun volcano pool, torch lighting, 'Ohanas, etc., and you can view both the Electric Water Parade and the MK fireworks from the beach. That said, we were really, REALLY disappointed in the rooms. As you noted, they were basically Motel 6 quality, though that may be doing Motel 6 a disservice. The color scheme was dark, there was very obvious wear and tear, and it just felt dingy all over. The hallways were also quite dark and grotty.

In contrast, the WL room quality was great! Everything felt very clean and new, and you really get a feeling of spaciousness from the whole resort. We were lucky enough to get a great view of the MK fireworks from our standard-view room, and the EWP comes by on Bay Lake as well. The pool area was large, varied, and fun (not as amazing as what I've seen of SAB, but easily comparable to the Poly), and the decor of the WL at Christmas time is absolutely beautiful. It was slightly more difficult to get to the MK, but the boat service was very reliable, and a nice way to unwind on our way back to the resort. You can also take a boat to the Contemporary and walk from there. We also enjoyed taking a boat over to Fort Wilderness for the campfire with Chip & Dale. If I had to choose between the Poly and the WL, I would definitely go for the WL again, especially given the typically much lower prices.

(So why are we looking at the YC/BC? We will only be coming for a few days this time, and plan on spending a lot of time at the SAB area in the afternoons. Also, my nearly-7-yo loves HS, and I like the proximity to that and to Epcot.)

Even more DISers! Let me know if I missed anyone.
A lot of trips coming up VERY soon! Have a great time, everybody! :woohoo::yay:

BC/YC August DISers:

cmm: BC 8/28-9/5
kldmom2000: BC 8/28-9/1

NOTE FROM TEENA:
"OK, I now have my full schedule up until I leave to go out and help Jeanne in school.

My hours are 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM. I normally take a short lunch break at 12:45 (20-25 minutes) and then a short snack break at 4:00 PM. I normally walk out of the lobby and into the back office around 5:45 PM. If I'm not there, I'm helping a guest or running into the back to print a boarding pass or something so hang around.

Working:
8/12, 8/13, 8/14, 8/15, 8/16, 8/21, 8/22 and 8/23.

Really looking forward to meeting lots of disboarders. Let me know if you schedule a meet on any of these days. I could do them any day but 8/23 ... gotta rush home and pack and get up at 4 AM the next day to get to the airport."

I can't tell you what s truly MAGICAL day it has been!! I will post all details when I get home but we received an amazing upgrade to a Lagoon View Club Level room!! We were greeted by Brett outside, have no idea how he knew who we were, and, after finding Teena, who is truly amazing, we were whisked away to the fifth floor. The service is incredible and everyone is just so darn nice!!

Right now, I am sitting on the beach at the Poly, sipping a pina colada, waiting for the fireworks to begin....just hanging out with my husband and two kids, 17 and 20. Everything is perfect, just needed to share with people who "get it"!! I'll post more when I can...Aloha for now, ha ha.

I can't tell you what s truly MAGICAL day it has been!! I will post all details when I get home but we received an amazing upgrade to a Lagoon View Club Level room!! We were greeted by Brett outside, have no idea how he knew who we were, and, after finding Teena, who is truly amazing, we were whisked away to the fifth floor. The service is incredible and everyone is just so darn nice!!

Right now, I am sitting on the beach at the Poly, sipping a pina colada, waiting for the fireworks to begin....just hanging out with my husband and two kids, 17 and 20. Everything is perfect, just needed to share with people who "get it"!! I'll post more when I can...Aloha for now, ha ha.

You and your wonderful family are amazing! You're sipping and I'm soaking my feet! See you tomorrow.

Wow now that's cool!! Enjoy!!

Thanks for the quick reply Teena!! Hopefully I can get a few more opinions here :thumbsup2. And if I don't get an answer about ME on the board, I can always ask once I book.

We stayed club level and the Beach Club earlier this month. We found that we ate breakfast in the lounge, had 1pm lunch at Beaches and Cream (we stayed close to Stormalong bay all day). Occasionally, we would return to the lounge to pick up a soda, gummy fish, COOKIES, and chip and dip. That was our afternoon treat. In the evening, we had club level appetizers and drinks and later had some evening desserts. We aren't big eaters and breakfast here is plentiful. We also didn't go to the parks most days, but went to La Nouba and HDDR, which on 2 nights we missed out on evening desserts and hardly even ate at HDDR, since we were still stuffed from picking at the appetizers in the lounge earlier in the evening.

It was all great, would book CL again in a heartbeat.

We stayed club level and the Beach Club earlier this month. We found that we ate breakfast in the lounge, had 1pm lunch at Beaches and Cream (we stayed close to Stormalong bay all day). Occasionally, we would return to the lounge to pick up a soda, gummy fish, COOKIES, and chip and dip. That was our afternoon treat. In the evening, we had club level appetizers and drinks and later had some evening desserts. We aren't big eaters and breakfast here is plentiful. We also didn't go to the parks most days, but went to La Nouba and HDDR, which on 2 nights we missed out on evening desserts and hardly even ate at HDDR, since we were still stuffed from picking at the appetizers in the lounge earlier in the evening.

It was all great, would book CL again in a heartbeat.

Thanks! We aren't really big eaters either. We like to eat small snacks/meals throughout the day. I figure if we do get hungry it will be cheaper to pay out of pocket. I do have a couple restaurants that I want to try, but I don't think it's worth the dining plan (unless they make it free!). We plan to spend a lot of time at SAB so fruits/veggies/water will be perfect. We were on the QS dining plan when we stayed at POP in '09 and we were having to force ourselves to eat our 2 meals and 2 snacks everyday! We actually had a few left at the end of the week. I am so excited to try deluxe and CL :cloud9:!

I don't have the answers to your questions,but just wanted to say congrats!!! Hoping your trip will be fantastic for you!!!

Quick Question for Teena, or anyone who knows...this will be our 4th trip to the BC with a Standard~ what is the chance of a reaaaally bad view? I have pretty much had okay views...one trip we did get a room of a rooftop, but the CM changed us to a view of the volleyball net area...much nicer! I have requested a room closer to the Laundry/Epcot area since I do laundry at least once (sometimes twice:scared1::laundy:) on vacation!!! We are a fam of 5 and those dirties pile up quick!!!! LOL Anyway, just curious what the chances of a crummy view would be if we got a room over on the quiet pool side! Thanks ever so much!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter