• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**2011** Epcot Food & Wine Festival HAS ENDED. 2012 Festival 9/28 - 11/11

geez Tommie, where was that post last weekend?

Catherine, I don't usually check the South Atlantic boards at BA but did today since we are heading down on the 14th. Hopefully this will last for a while so you can hit it on your next F&W weekend.

On a non-Dis note I'm in beer heaven today since I was able to get two bottles of the pretty rare Founders Canadian Breakfast Stout last night. Now if only Founders was at WDW!.

Leaving in less than 22 hours for WDW! I'll have me F&WF listing with me with notes from those of you who posted your food reviews. Thanks. :)

For those going to the 10/8 PftS *and* wanting to taste a nice Oregon pinot noir, Domaine Serene is going to be there but I don't think they brought a ton of wine, so you may want to hit their station earlier rather than later (the rep expects to pour out in about an hour or so). They'll be pouring their flagship Evanstad Reserve and one other (maybe Yamhill?).

Last day of work today, then heading down to Atlantic City to spend the night, then a 6am flight out of AC tomorrow morning. Looking forward to lunch tomorrow at Rose and Crown (with a pint or two ;) ) an then spending the evening at PFTS!

I am so excited!

For those going to the 10/8 PftS *and* wanting to taste a nice Oregon pinot noir, Domaine Serene is going to be there but I don't think they brought a ton of wine, so you may want to hit their station earlier rather than later (the rep expects to pour out in about an hour or so). They'll be pouring their flagship Evanstad Reserve and one other (maybe Yamhill?).

Nice! Did you attend the Flying Fish Wine Dinner last evening?

A post from the Beer Advocate board...sounds almost too good to be true:

Disney Food and Wine Festival

If you are heading down to the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot this year be sure to stop by the Canadian Beverage Cart, not the Food and Wine Kiosk, and they have three Unibroue's on tap (Ephemere Apple, Blanche de Chambly, and Trois Pistoles). They are doing some really nice size pours at great prices.

Thanks for posting!! :cool1:

Leaving in just a few hours. :goodvibes

If any one requests my F&WF listing I may not be able to send it until after 10/18. Depends on how much free WiFi I can find at WDW. :rotfl2:

There is just hours!

A post from the Beer Advocate board...sounds almost too good to be true:

Disney Food and Wine Festival

If you are heading down to the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot this year be sure to stop by the Canadian Beverage Cart, not the Food and Wine Kiosk, and they have three Unibroue's on tap (Ephemere Apple, Blanche de Chambly, and Trois Pistoles). They are doing some really nice size pours at great prices.

I can confirm this. Had Trois Pistoles twice last week! Full glass was around $8, I think.

Where exactly in the WS is Ireland located? I plan to walk in at 11 am and head straight there for that wonderful sounding Fisherman's Shepherds Pie. :)

Nice! Did you attend the Flying Fish Wine Dinner last evening?

Yes, were you there too? I'm not sure this is considered part of F&W and on-topic so here's my mini-mini-review: It friggin' rocked.

Past results are not indicative of future performance yada-yada, but I thought they really set the bar high for the coming weeks' dinners. There's a very real danger I'll regret not booking another one that also fit within my trip dates.

p.s. The winery also provided these to serve the final wine and to take home:
img4321q.jpg

img4323u.jpg

Where exactly in the WS is Ireland located? I plan to walk in at 11 am and head straight there for that wonderful sounding Fisherman's Shepherds Pie. :)

In the UK area, last year it was close to the Millennium Village gate area, I believe, so between the Rose & Crown and the Canada pavilion.

Yes, were you there too? I'm not sure this is considered part of F&W and on-topic so here's my mini-mini-review: It friggin' rocked.

Past results are not indicative of future performance yada-yada, but I thought they really set the bar high for the coming weeks' dinners. There's a very real danger I'll regret not booking another one that also fit within my trip dates.

p.s. The winery also provided these to serve the final wine and to take home:
img4321q.jpg

img4323u.jpg

No we couldn't swing it but we had friends that attended so we will hear about it! We are attending one on Oct 20, the Chile wines.

Thanks for sharing and so glad you enjoyed it. Those wines are wonderful.

So obviously Stig did alright as the new manager at FF?

All those dinners are happening during Food & Wine so I think it's okay to talk about it here.

Has anyone found any reviews of the Via Napoli beer and pizza tasting? We are doing it later this month and would love to know how the first one went. Thanks.

I believe you may be seeing a review of that event on the Disney Food Blog soon.

Thanks Nala. I am looking forward to it!

Can anyone tell me does the wine store at the Festival Marketplace carry the Bunratty Meade honey wine? I took a quick look around there the other day but that was before I tasted the meade. I would like to get a bottle if they sell it.

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter