• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2011 Itineraries Announcement Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was a given that the new destination is for the west coast. I mean, why would they bring the ship out here just to keep sailing it to the Bahamas? LOL.

The West coast and Mexican Rivera 7 night cruises are not 'new' they have been run in 2005 and 2008.

DCL's meaning of a new destination is it hasnt cruised there before on the Magic or Wonder.

The West coast and Mexican Rivera 7 night cruises are not 'new' they have been run in 2005 and 2008.

DCL's meaning of a new destination is it hasnt cruised there before on the Magic or Wonder.

Andrew I so wanted you to give a bit of credence to the Eastern Med \ Adriatic idea - perhaps next time you are chatting with whoever your sources are you could tell them there is a girl in Essex desperate to cruise that part of the world with the mouse!

Mel
x

Andrew I so wanted you to give a bit of credence to the Eastern Med \ Adriatic idea - perhaps next time you are chatting with whoever your sources are you could tell them there is a girl in Essex desperate to cruise that part of the world with the mouse!

Mel
x

Mel, I would love to say that for you.

Now what I know, DCL are building up there presence in their London office, its about doubling in staff (fact), they see the Mediterranean sea as an up and coming cruise destination and they will continue to sail there (fact).

Those come from the top and as posted are facts.

I understand they are coming back in 2012, and Barcelona will be the first home port, they will also I understand use Dover, as the Baltic has been so popular and they haven't been yet!

The new ships will take over
1/Dream: Wonder route 3/4 nights,
2/Fantasy:Magic 7 night Caribbean trips. So the Magic is moving elsewhere.

DCL have made minor adjustments to the Med tour from 2007 to 2010, in 2010 the ones I describe as shoulder cruises, IE early and late have required discounts and were not so popular. In 2007 the all sold well bar Transatlantic.

So I expect more changes, so well else can they go? Someone else asked on the Baltic thread and I said, not further east Med than now.

I have changed my mind since our cruise and I think in 2012, it will happen maybe Adriatic Venice, maybe Greek islands.

I personally do not think its 2011, thats West coast Hawaii etc, but one head server said it was!!!!!!!

At the moment they are all tight lipped as ''a Camals.....Butt......in a sandstorm,'' *(*Tidied that one up for the Mod's) so I cannot get any more info before Friday when they say its>>>>>>

Southend on Sea

Highlight to see.

Hi folks, I'm enjoying this thread. Can't wait for the new announcement! :)

I still think Disney might do 7 night one ways to Hawaii rather than the 15night round trips,

7 nights dont count on it maybe 10 and 11 nights. a 7 night cruise to hawaii will look something like this.
sunday leave la
monday mexico to get your foreign port
tues- at sea
weds- at sea
thurs-at sea
fri-at sea
sat-stop somewhere in hawaii
sunday- honolulu disembark.

could happen but i will rather have a longer cruise 10 and 11 nights and get some ports in hawaii. it wouldnt be 15 night roundtrip either it will be 14 nights that way lets say there port time is sunday in LA than they will come back on a sunday.

7 nights dont count on it maybe 10 and 11 nights. a 7 night cruise to hawaii will look something like this.
sunday leave la
monday mexico to get your foreign port
tues- at sea
weds- at sea
thurs-at sea
fri-at sea
sat-stop somewhere in hawaii
sunday- honolulu disembark.

could happen but i will rather have a longer cruise 10 and 11 nights and get some ports in hawaii. it wouldnt be 15 night roundtrip either it will be 14 nights that way lets say there port time is sunday in LA than they will come back on a sunday.

12>14 nights with some ports.

Option(s) open ended, not a round trip,

Wow....this is the first I am reading about no more land/sea for 2010. Is this official? Speculation was that they just did not release the dates yet for 2010...that were just waiting for the announcement this week. May I ask where you heard this info...thanks.

MJ

It is official I heard it from my TA and she said she checked directly with Disney cruise line
My TA told me about it two weeks ago as I had inquired about a land/sea for 2010

Here is what she told me - it isn't a land/sea package as we have known up to now

What they are now offering is pre and /or post stays at WDW with or without park tickets. The maximum number of park tickets that can be added are 5 day park hoppers. Most all Disney resorts are being offered except FT Wilderness. They also aren't offering Swan and Dolphin resorts any longer. You can add 1nt or as many nights as you wish to either end of the cruise - even 7nt sailings. Dining plan cannot be added

On DCL's website it shows this information but it doesn't give details
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cruises-destinations/packages/walt-disney-world-resort-cruise/

Pre- and Post-Cruise Hotel PackagesImagine being able to extend your dream vacation by staying in or near your departure or arrival port to soak up more of the excitement! Pretty soon, Disney Cruise Line Guests with 2010 sail dates can add to their cruise package a stay at Walt Disney World Resort—for the ultimate Disney experience—or in the enchanting European cities of Barcelona and London.

Return to this page this fall for all the details—coming soon!

but if you go into say a 4nt sailing - after you choose your date and continue - on the left there is a section that says "resort and tickets"

Here is what that page says
Step 1: Customize Your Cruise – Resorts & Tickets
Resorts
Add the convenience of a Resort hotel stay before or after your cruise vacation.

If you're departing from Port Canaveral, consider booking a Disney Resort hotel before or after your cruise. Then add theme park tickets so you can enjoy endless attractions and entertainment.

If you're departing from one of our European ports, add extra Resort nights to truly explore all Europe has to offer!

If you have finished customizing your cruise, you can review your selections by clicking "Review Cruise & Pricing" at the left side of the page or at page bottom.

No Resort hotel selected

Add a Resort stay before your cruise
Add a Resort stay after your cruise

Theme Park Tickets
If you add a stay at a Disney Resort hotel before or after your cruise, you can also add a Magic Your Way Ticket with Park Hopper Option for each Guest in your travel party (ages 3 and up). The Park Hopper Option gives you access to all 4 theme parks for each day of your ticket.

If you add a stay at a Disney Resort hotel both before and after your cruise, any tickets you add will be valid beginning the first day of the stay that is before your cruise. Tickets expire 14 days from their first use.

You can add tickets once you have added a Resort to your cruise.

sorry-i did not read this whole thread! Is there a guess as of right now as to when Dream will take over the bahamas cruises??? Thanks!

My guess for the Wonder is Alaska in the summer, with Vancouver as the home port...... Riviera in the Winter

I can't wait. I have been checking this forum for weeks waiting to find out the 2011 destinations. We are taking our first DCL vacation in 2011. We would love Hawii or Alaska.

I would love for it to be Alaska since we have never been there & think it would be fun to travel there with Disney. Hawaii would be another fun option espcially since Disney's Hawaiian Resort is suppose to open sometime in 2011. That would be a fun combo.
Quick question, once they announce the new destinations, when can you book?

My guess for the Wonder is Alaska in the summer, with Vancouver as the home port...... Riviera in the Winter

I'd say Seattle is more likely to be the home port. Seattle is more accessible/cheaper for flights - with a stop in Victoria :). That would be fun to get to see the Wonder each week.

I am hoping it is a cruise from NYC...that would be awesome for us east coast disney people!!! here's to wishing for NYC on Disney Cruise line.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter