2011 Wine & Dine Halloween 5k Fun Run

Great, thanks for the information - more people than I thought. :eek: But, it'll be a good time for sure!

P.S. I see you're from Rochester Hills, MI - my beautiful home state of Michigan - I grew up in Fraser. :)

Enjoy the run and your vacation in Disney!!

Great, thanks for the information - more people than I thought. :eek: But, it'll be a good time for sure!

P.S. I see you're from Rochester Hills, MI - my beautiful home state of Michigan - I grew up in Fraser. :)

Enjoy the run and your vacation in Disney!!

Small world, that's where I grew up. Rambler born and raised!

Hi guys! I am late to the party but just wanted to join in. DH and I will be walk/running the 5K as fast as we can. We are staying at Pop, I will be dressed as a fireside girl from Phineas and Ferb and DH probably like Agent P, lol

We have done 2 Expedition Everest Challenges before so we are very familiar with the course (I have it forever burned into my memory), this time the sun will be up (more or less) and there will be no obstacles nor scavenger hunt at the end so it should go faster for me.

We are trying to beat my time (I am slooooow, DH can run way faster than me, but he is my pacer) and then rush off to MK for the celebrations of the 40th anniversary. I hope we can make it all happen!

Hi guys! I am late to the party but just wanted to join in. DH and I will be walk/running the 5K as fast as we can. We are staying at Pop, I will be dressed as a fireside girl from Phineas and Ferb and DH probably like Agent P, lol

We have done 2 Expedition Everest Challenges before so we are very familiar with the course (I have it forever burned into my memory), this time the sun will be up (more or less) and there will be no obstacles nor scavenger hunt at the end so it should go faster for me.

We are trying to beat my time (I am slooooow, DH can run way faster than me, but he is my pacer) and then rush off to MK for the celebrations of the 40th anniversary. I hope we can make it all happen!

I love the Expedition Everest Challenge. I hope the dates come out soon for the next one.

I might dress up too but I am not sure. Guess I better figure it out as time is ticking

I love the Expedition Everest Challenge. I hope the dates come out soon for the next one.

I might dress up too but I am not sure. Guess I better figure it out as time is ticking

Yes! It is a lot of fun, and I do encourage you to dress up, it is part of the fun lol

Anybody else going to MK straight after the race to see what they are cooking up for the 40th anniversary?
I am thinking I want to get there by 9:30, so that means I better finish as fast as I can and then I guess I could change at the bathrooms right at the entrance of AK and then drive to the TTC to make it to the MK on time?

Any thoughts? Tips on what to pack on my change bag?
For Expedition Everest we just took the transport back to AKL and collapsed for the night lol so I never gave it any thought :rotfl2:

Yes! It is a lot of fun, and I do encourage you to dress up, it is part of the fun lol

Anybody else going to MK straight after the race to see what they are cooking up for the 40th anniversary?
I am thinking I want to get there by 9:30, so that means I better finish as fast as I can and then I guess I could change at the bathrooms right at the entrance of AK and then drive to the TTC to make it to the MK on time?

Any thoughts? Tips on what to pack on my change bag?
For Expedition Everest we just took the transport back to AKL and collapsed for the night lol so I never gave it any thought :rotfl2:

I will be doing the same thing! Hoping to get there by 9:30 so I don't miss a thing. I'm actually thinking I can get back to POR to take a VERY fast shower. I will have my car so I can leave the race quickly, hopefully by 7:45 (?), be back at POR by 8 and in MK by 9:30. Fingers crossed! I'm sending DH into the MK EARLY to ensure we snag that t-shirt!

I will be doing the same thing! Hoping to get there by 9:30 so I don't miss a thing. I'm actually thinking I can get back to POR to take a VERY fast shower. I will have my car so I can leave the race quickly, hopefully by 7:45 (?), be back at POR by 8 and in MK by 9:30. Fingers crossed! I'm sending DH into the MK EARLY to ensure we snag that t-shirt!

Keep in mind that the race starts at 7am for the faster runners. It may be 15 minutes before the back of the pack crosses the start line. I really hope you make back for a shower and to MK in time. With the kids, I think it is best for us just to stay at AK. We may try to make ther fireworks tho.

Yeah I might ask a friend to grab me a shirt, I doubt I'll make it before 9:45-10:00.

Keep in mind that the race starts at 7am for the faster runners. It may be 15 minutes before the back of the pack crosses the start line. I really hope you make back for a shower and to MK in time. With the kids, I think it is best for us just to stay at AK. We may try to make ther fireworks tho.

Agreed, the past 2 times running Expedition Everest we were on I think the first year wave 4 and the second all the way on wave 6... it felt like ages to get started, plus I am a penguin so I take into account:

-late start time (calculating about 20 mins before first wave, the fastest runners are always back by the time we finally get going! :rotfl2:). (7:20-7:30)
- My own running time plus medal pick-up, photo ops. (8:45 estimate just to give myself wiggle room)
- Time to grab bag from car, go to the front of the park's restrooms, refresh and change (15-20 mins)
- Time to drive to TTC, get through the gates (I am expecting at least a bit of a queue by the parking gate) (20 mins)
- Time to go from TTC to park (15 mins)

So I am getting to the park at about 9:45 :lmao: :lmao: It is just 2 adults with AP's so we can wing it I am sure. I plan on going back to the room after some time, getting a good nap and returning to MK for the fireworks :cheer2:

Yeah I might ask a friend to grab me a shirt, I doubt I'll make it before 9:45-10:00.

Agreed, the past 2 times running Expedition Everest we were on I think the first year wave 4 and the second all the way on wave 6... it felt like ages to get started, plus I am a penguin so I take into account:

-late start time (calculating about 20 mins before first wave, the fastest runners are always back by the time we finally get going! :rotfl2:). (7:20-7:30)
- My own running time plus medal pick-up, photo ops. (8:45 estimate just to give myself wiggle room)
- Time to grab bag from car, go to the front of the park's restrooms, refresh and change (15-20 mins)
- Time to drive to TTC, get through the gates (I am expecting at least a bit of a queue by the parking gate) (20 mins)
- Time to go from TTC to park (15 mins)

So I am getting to the park at about 9:45 :lmao: :lmao: It is just 2 adults with AP's so we can wing it I am sure. I plan on going back to the room after some time, getting a good nap and returning to MK for the fireworks :cheer2:

Crap. That sounds like I might not make it....ooooh, I"ll be so upset! Maybe I should skip the shower....but gross!

Crap. That sounds like I might not make it....ooooh, I"ll be so upset! Maybe I should skip the shower....but gross!

I just got jumbo body cleansing towelettes from CVS, really, refuse to change clothes without at least getting off the sweat from all the running. A friend who is running the Wine and Dine Half gave me that tip. lol I'll see if it holds.

Edit - of course when we leave the park to rest I'll have a good shower LOL I just wish we had more time between the race/park opening... ah well

I just got jumbo body cleansing towelettes from CVS, really, refuse to change clothes without at least getting off the sweat from all the running. A friend who is running the Wine and Dine Half gave me that tip. lol I'll see if it holds.

Edit - of course when we leave the park to rest I'll have a good shower LOL I just wish we had more time between the race/park opening... ah well

I'll be doing the baby wipe shower. Kinda gross I know but it's only for a few hours.

Us too! We're doing the party Friday and 5K Saturday. I'm hoping to stay for the later parade but worried about sleep time and getting my DS7 up by 5:45am. I'm also worried about him not being able to finish even though we've been working on this for 3 months.

BTW, what is this special 40th Anniv. shirt at the MK?

Us too! We're doing the party Friday and 5K Saturday. I'm hoping to stay for the later parade but worried about sleep time and getting my DS7 up by 5:45am. I'm also worried about him not being able to finish even though we've been working on this for 3 months.

BTW, what is this special 40th Anniv. shirt at the MK?

I am not sure what the design will be but they announced special merchandise for the day, hope I like it.

We are also going to MNSSHP on Friday, our plan is to laze around the resort all day Friday, go over to the party by 4, enjoy until late and then have some sleep before jetting off to the race. We planned it this way so we will have plenty of rest and won't be all half asleep before the 5K.

I think your DS should be fine, the adrenaline of the race shoots up once it starts and you are off and on your way. Plus there will be characters to look forward to I suppose and the CM's cheer for you along the way which is very sweet.

Nice! I like the relaxing Friday plan. We're only down there for 2 nights so I wanted to hit the parks running but I think your plan would work better for the kids.

Good luck!!

We are doing the expo on Friday, MNSSHP Friday night, the 5K and then head back to the Magic Kingdom to see what is going on for the 40th. After a couple of hours, we are headed to Epcot for the Food and Wine Festival. I'm not sure when we will get much sleep. :rotfl2:

I bought baby wipes and am bringing a change of clothes. Maybe I won't be too gross! lol

Good luck to all of you who are doing MK after the 5K! I wanted to be there but this is my DS's first trip (he just turned 1) and the less stress, the better. So I think we are staying far away from MK that day. I think our plan is to relax for awhile after the 5K and then head to EPCOT for the afternoon, with dinner at Kouzzina and an early night in. EPCOT is likely to be a little crowded, too, because of F&W, but it holds a crowd better.

Good luck to everyone running on Saturday! This is my first 5K and I'm stoked! I haven't gotten a chance to run this week :scared1: b/c I've been so busy getting things ready. So I hope Saturday isn't too awful. My goal is to finish in 45 minutes. We leave tomorrow afternoon for Disney....woot woot! :cool1:

We are doing the expo on Friday, MNSSHP Friday night, the 5K and then head back to the Magic Kingdom to see what is going on for the 40th. After a couple of hours, we are headed to Epcot for the Food and Wine Festival. I'm not sure when we will get much sleep. :rotfl2:

I bought baby wipes and am bringing a change of clothes. Maybe I won't be too gross! lol

LOL well, I'll see you guys running into the restrooms to get changed after the race then. :lmao:

We leave tomorrow after working in the morning. I haven't had the chance to train much for this race so I am not expecting to do well. I will just concentrate and try my best... hope that sweepers have mercy and whatnot.

Never give up, never surrender! :rotfl2::cheer2:

LOL well, I'll see you guys running into the restrooms to get changed after the race then. :lmao:

We leave tomorrow after working in the morning. I haven't had the chance to train much for this race so I am not expecting to do well. I will just concentrate and try my best... hope that sweepers have mercy and whatnot.

Never give up, never surrender! :rotfl2::cheer2:

I may just change in the car! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter