*2012 DATES/RESORTS* Post your trip dates here!

I just modified my trip dates. Please change Lumiere Lover to be arriving 12/10, departing 12/16, and staying at POFQ.

Finally got my airfare!!! Now I will have to try to remember how to fix my ticker. See ya all real soon.

9 Days Until We Are On Disney Grounds.

We are packed and living out of the suitcase, Disney Must Do playing in one room, 2012 Disney Planning Video playing in another. Disney FEVER at 105 degrees.

What more can I do to ????? :dance3:

We skipped a year but we are staying at AKL-Jambo House 2 BR from 8/13-8/18!!! We are drooling with excitement!

9 Days Until We Are On Disney Grounds.

We are packed and living out of the suitcase, Disney Must Do playing in one room, 2012 Disney Planning Video playing in another. Disney FEVER at 105 degrees.

What more can I do to ????? :dance3:

Have fun!!! I dont leave for another 76 days. I cant wait!!!!:goodvibes

Wow, we have quite a few new ones on board! I've updated our list! Welcome!!!! I love to share in your excitement for your trips! Exciting!!!:goodvibes

Still 70 days to go but its getting closer :)

I can relate to your anticipation and excitment. It seems like yeaterday we were also at 70 days and her it is 1 day left. It will go fast and then tell time to slow down when you get to Disney.:lmao:

Disneyworld July 14th Trip Report

July 13th

Returned home from work at 3:00PM. Midori and I showered, dressed and moved the luggage to the driveway. Driver picked us up at 5:00 PM and delivered DD and I to the DFW Marriott, north of the airport. Checked in our room and went down stairs to eat dinner, fell asleep at 10:15 PM.

July 14th

Received a wake up call at 2:30 AM. Cleaned up, dressed and went down stairs for a breakfast snack at the Coffee Cart. Marriott shuttle took us to terminal A, Gate 35 for check in at 4:30 AM. Boarded the plane at 5:50 AM and settled down for the flight. Midori log in to the GoGo internet and watched you tube videos and chatted with her friends on her Ipad. Departed DFW 6:20 AM and arrived Orlando at 9:50 AM. Boarded ME immediately and drove off within 8 minutes. Dropped off Key West, Saratoga and arrived POFQ.

The check in lines were full so we were directed to check in with the Concierge. Kelly our agent told us that there were no more standard rooms available because they were sold out so if we wanted to stay at POFQ we would have to accept our free upgrade to a preferred room over looking the River / Garden. At first, when Kelly mentioned no rooms because of sell out I was nervous, then I listened to the rest of her conversation and then realized PIXIE DUST has been sprinkled, I was gleaming with smiles. We accepted and walked over to our room and settled in.

Wego Shopping called about 11:30 AM to let me know that she was at the front drive of POFQ with my grocery order. Met the driver, paid, tipped and walked back to the room with my order. Midori and I walked over to the food court and ordered Chicken Nuggets with F.F. And a Cheese Steak Sandwich, purchased a refillable cup and enjoyed our lunch. (Decided not to eat at Earl of Sandwich) no reason other than we were super hungry NOW!!! and wanted to eat.

Rode the bus to DTD to shop at World of Disney for friends of Midori. Purchased a Perry stuffy for Midori and then returned to the Resort.

Midori decided to rest and watch TV and chat on her I pad with her friends while waiting for me to unpack. DD fell asleep and slept until 9:00 PM. Woke up and said she was hungry. We walked over to the food court and purchased BBQ Ribs and Chicken Nuggets with Mac and Cheese. We placed our food at a table and walked over to the condiment station to get Ketchup and eating utensils. Ketchup was being replaced so I waited. 3 Cast Members walked towards me with a Cupcake and a Balloon and shouted to the 100's in the food court to join them in wishing and singing Happy Birthday to me. WOW!!! another dusting of PIXIE DUST. We sat down and enjoyed our meal and walked back to our room. DD wanted to change the color of her finger nail polish so I repainted her nails. We then settled down in our comfortable beds and watched TV until we fell asleep.

July 15th

I woke up at 4:30 AM and walked around the resort for exercise and enjoyed coffee on a bench over looking the river. Came back to the room to do my morning worship and now starting our trip report. Today is MK day with extra hours in the evening.

July 15th Magic Kingdom

DD and I woke up at 6 AM. Walked to the bus stop and the MK bus was already there. Arrived at 8:15 AM at MK gate and watched the welcoming show. Went to Space Mountain and the ride was broke down, got a fast pass for 10:00 AM, walked over to Thunder Mountain and rode it twice. Rode Space Mountain once and then got on the train for Tomorrow land. Tomorrow land is really nice and when they finish with the construction, it will be a site to see. Walked over to Space Mountain and got a fast pass for 3 PM. Our fast pass was expired at 11:20 AM and it was 11:45 AM and they still let us use it. Must have been because the ride was broke and the CM's was not enforcing the fast pass times. We were very hungry, our reservation for the Plaza was not until 12:20PM but were walked over to the Plaza and asked if we could get in, it was 12:00 noon. We were seated immediately and order DD and Turkey and Bacon Club, Coke and I ordered my regular, Potato Soup, Ruben and Iced Tea. WOW!! the food and service exceeded our expectation. After our meal the CM's came over to sing Happy Birthday and gave me a cupcake with a candle on it. We were sitting next to a family of 4 and decided to give out 3 PM Space Mountain fast passes to the 2 teenager girl's of the family. The family said thanks and wished us a good day.

We decided to go back to the Resort to rest so we will be able to keep up during MK's Magic Hours tonight. Walked over to the bus stop and waited a couple of minutes for the bus. Returned to the Resort at 2:15 PM, walked in to see our room cleaned and Birthday card on the table. DD and I fell asleep around 3:15 PM and now it is 5:30 PM. We'll probably go back around 9:30 PM.

DD and I went back at 9:15 PM for Magic Hours. We hit Tomorrow land first and rode Space Mountain, Blue Line, and Buzz. Walked to Haunted Mansion, Thunder, Splash, Pirates and then Jungle. Left the park at 12:30 AM. No waits for any of the rides. After the Fireworks and Parades, everyone left. I truly mean everyone left. Got on the POFQ bus immediately and got back to the Resort in 15 minutes. Great day for DD and I.

July 16th – My 54th Birthday - Hollywood Studio

Midori and I caught the Hollywood Studio Bus at 8:35 AM and got to the park at 8:50 AM. Gates opened and we went to Tower of Terror, got 2 fast passes for later, rode the ride 2 times and then walked over to RR Coaster and got another fast pass for later. Rode RR Coaster twice and then went to Sci – Fi for lunch. We requested Sarah from England (Server from last year, but her tables were all full) We were seated immediately and Laura our server brought Sarah over since the Cap Hop told Laura we requested her. We all visited for a few minutes and then ordered Artichoke and Spinach Dip, Ruben Sandwich and Angus Burger. The same order as last year and enjoyed it as usual. After lunch, Sarah and Laura sang Happy Birthday and wished us a great day. Midori decided that we would call it a day and go back to the Resort until 9:30 PM for Magic Hours. I am doing laundry right now and Midori is on her I Pad playing games and talking to her friends in Texas.

7:00 PM – Midori is sleeping right now. I just woke up from a 3 hour nap. We'll go to Hollywood Studio around 9:30 PM for the extended Magic Hours. It has been raining every afternoon for the past couple of days so coming back to the Resort to rest has been good so far.

Hello all,
I am not sure where to post this question. We have a trip planned for 10/20 - 10/26 staying at POR. We have never been in October or stayed at this resort before. Now that free dining has come out it seems that all the resorts have booked up. My question is, with hardly any rooms left, does this mean crowds are going to be horrible?. I choose October because I thought it was a less crowded time. Also we have always stayed at the Wilderness Lodge. Do you think it will be a big difference going to the POR? I just felt as my child gets older when spend less time at the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter