2012 Free Dining Watch and Wait HERE

It's unlikely that the next offer will include the same dates so if you can swing it, I'd book it now. You only have to put down a $200 deposit, which is fully refundable if you cancel before 45 days prior to your trip. And if a better offer does come out, you can always change or cancel your existing reservation.

So based on this you're saying you can book your trip and then just watch and wait for deals? So if Free Dining or something else (25% off, etc) comes out, you can call and change the reservation for that? DH has agreed to go to Disney with me and I used to do the FD offer with my mom but we always booked bounce back so I can't remember when we actually booked it. Our dates are set for Disney whether dining is free or not so I guess I should just book now?

Those of you who are experts, anyone know if we miss making a reservation for free dining first week of March, are we out of luck for any other free dining offers during that time? I'm wondering if another offer will be made available after this Oct. 29 cutoff date? TIA!

So much for us self-described "experts." Disney just extended the booking window for early 2012 free DDP until December 17. I don't think the travel dates have changed, but you now have more time to book your trip.

Unfortunately for those of you waiting for offers for trips that begin after March 29, this may mean you have a longer wait. :headache: Or maybe Disney will surprise me again.

So based on this you're saying you can book your trip and then just watch and wait for deals? So if Free Dining or something else (25% off, etc) comes out, you can call and change the reservation for that? DH has agreed to go to Disney with me and I used to do the FD offer with my mom but we always booked bounce back so I can't remember when we actually booked it. Our dates are set for Disney whether dining is free or not so I guess I should just book now?

I was actually recommending that someone book free DDP before October 29 instead of waiting to see if a better offer became available after that. But in your case, since you're going regardless and your dates are set, I would go ahead and book it. If you would only go if there was a free dining offer, then I would recommend that you wait.

You're partially right about being able to change your reservation; the difference being it's not a guarantee that you could convert an existing reservation to a new promotion because it all depends on room availability for that particular offer. Disney typically makes only a certain number of rooms (and room types) available at each resort for each offer. But availability can fluctuate a lot, probably depending on how full the resort is and cancellations.

For example, we just decided last week to book a spring break trip at POFQ using the free dining offer. At the time I booked, only a river view room was available. I took it, but wasn't thrilled about paying for the river view upgrade. A few days later, I noticed that a (cheaper) garden view room was available, so I called and switched my reservation to the less expensive room. When I checked yesterday, no rooms at all were available at POFQ for free dining.

This isn't to say that no rooms are available at POFQ for my dates. If I put in my dates without the free dining offer, I can get standard view, garden view, water view or river view. But I can't get free dining with any of those rooms because they've sold out of the rooms they had allocated for the free dining promotion. So you may or may not be able to add a new promotion to your reservation. You may have to change room types or even resorts to get the new offer. But you can always keep checking and maybe your first choice will become available.

Sorry for being long-winded, but I hope that helps!

I hope for free dining for July
Since Free Dining started in the fall of 2005, there has never been a general public free dining offer in July. July is a very busy summer month. The crowds and rates are high and they simply don't need to offer deep discounts during that time frame.

Still waiting to see if any discounts will be offered for May....hopefully, free dining but I am not holding my breath at this point in time.

I wouldn't make reservations hoping Disney will offer free dining. If they think they have the resorts full, why offer free dining? I called a few weeks ago, told the CM that there was no way I was booking w/o free dining...true...Disney needs to know this. We've gone every September since 2006, we won't be going to Disney resorts w/o free dining. I shared that w/ the CM too. They make plenty off us...rack rate, lots of alcohol, souvenirs. I always book two rooms for 3-4 people, stay 10 nights. I'm thinking of moving to a Deluxe this year. If they don't offer free dining we'll do SOG, buy military tickets, and eat at SOG.

I just saw they extended the dates, however, when I tried to look at availability it says "This offer is no longer available." Anyone know if this is a system glitch and more will become available or not? Kind of weird they extended it and don't have ANY rooms left at ANY resort, kwim? It wouldn't even let me select anything, just said the offer was not available.:confused3

I just saw they extended the dates, however, when I tried to look at availability it says "This offer is no longer available." Anyone know if this is a system glitch and more will become available or not? Kind of weird they extended it and don't have ANY rooms left at ANY resort, kwim? It wouldn't even let me select anything, just said the offer was not available.:confused3
I am wondering the same thing. It says that the offer was extended but when you click into it, it says "This offer is no longer available." We would like to add another room on to our package so we can bring another person. Would love to know if this is just a glitch?

Since Free Dining started in the fall of 2005, there has never been a general public free dining offer in July. July is a very busy summer month. The crowds and rates are high and they simply don't need to offer deep discounts during that time frame.

How about FD after Thanksgiving and before Xmas in 2012?

How about FD after Thanksgiving and before Xmas in 2012?
Part of that time frame is blacked out because of Pop Warner and and up until until about December 22, that time frame is one of the slowest of the entire year at WDW. The week before Christmas is the slowest week of the month and they certainly want to gill those rooms, that's why they offer it then.

I am wondering the same thing. It says that the offer was extended but when you click into it, it says "This offer is no longer available." We would like to add another room on to our package so we can bring another person. Would love to know if this is just a glitch?
It's just a glitch. I just booked a package for January over the phone.

Hi we are planning to stay at OKW renting DVC points from Dec 13th 2012 for 14nts. We are planning on buying the DDP as we are going to be doing lots of character meals.
Now, am I right in thinking that free dining may be offered for that time on the US WDW website? If so when is that offer likely to come out? Also am I right in thinking that the rooms would be at full price- regardless of where we stayed because of the free dining?

Just trying to work out the best options for us - the UK offers all end for stays upto 30th Nov 2012!

Thanks for any help :goodvibes

Claire :)

Hi we are planning to stay at OKW renting DVC points from Dec 13th 2012 for 14nts. We are planning on buying the DDP as we are going to be doing lots of character meals.
Now, am I right in thinking that free dining may be offered for that time on the US WDW website? If so when is that offer likely to come out? Also am I right in thinking that the rooms would be at full price- regardless of where we stayed because of the free dining?

Just trying to work out the best options for us - the UK offers all end for stays upto 30th Nov 2012!

Thanks for any help :goodvibes

You can not take advantage of a free dining offer if you are renting points at any of the WDW DVC resorts.

Any free dining offers for late fall/winter of 2012 most likely won't be released until next summer.

You can not take advantage of a free dining offer if you are renting points at any of the WDW DVC resorts.

Any free dining offers for late fall/winter of 2012 most likely won't be released until next summer.

Hi thankyou. Yes maybe I didn't explain myself properly I know that people staying on DVC points cannot get free dining. I was looking at booking different accomodation to get free dining - if the rates for the accom were not too high.

Thanks

I'm thinking about booking a trip for late May/early June, any chances Disney will announce free dining for this time period?

There could still be an offer of a PIN code for free dining during this time. That was the case for us in the summer of June/July 2010. We went June 27 thru July 6 of that year and booked free quick service dining using a pin code and then we paid to upgrade to table service. Hopefully the OP will get an offer such as that! :)

There could still be an offer of a PIN code for free dining during this time. That was the case for us in the summer of June/July 2010. We went June 27 thru July 6 of that year and booked free quick service dining using a pin code and then we paid to upgrade to table service. Hopefully the OP will get an offer such as that! :)

but July 2010 had a buy 4 get 3 free general public promo which was a really decent discount.

I'm thinking about booking a trip for late May/early June, any chances Disney will announce free dining for this time period?

We were able to take advantage of free dining this year and our travel dates fell within the time frame you are talking about. Having said that, this was the first time that I had ever heard of Disney offering free dining during that time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter