2013 Adventures, Boarded the Cruise Ship!

This is my first time ever being out of the country for Thanksgiving, I normally do all my shopping on Cyber Monday, and I mail out my Christmas Card on Monday after Thanksgiving.

I also usually put up my Christmas tree during the weekend after Thanksgiving.

For this trip I do not return until the 11th of December..... Which means I am already behind in everything I do.

So I have started my shopping now. I am about 75% done, I will finish my Christmas Card before I leave and have them ready to drop off in the mail upon return, and I am thinking of getting my decorations down.

My MIL is coming for the first time ever to my house for Christmas, so I have to have everything in place before she gets here, so that would only leave me 2 weeks. Ughhh...

number-17-options-a-f3.jpg

Yes we need to do that, most of the time we can do that via the website for each, but yes I need to do that!

There's nothing more important than being able to shop; especially in Europe and Spain. :rotfl: I hope you get on to this task soon.

I agree... my list of things to pick up, seems to be mostly grocery store items... Haha

It may not be D&B; but I believe spanish leather goods are pretty good. The question is whether they will be value for money or not. My brother just got back from Italy. They had every intention of picking up Italian leather goods but he thought they were pretty expensive. Jackets, shoes, bags. I think the US shopping experience spoils the shopping experience every where else in the world. It (the US) is really one of the best places to shop.

It may not be D&B; but I believe spanish leather goods are pretty good. The question is whether they will be value for money or not. My brother just got back from Italy. They had every intention of picking up Italian leather goods but he thought they were pretty expensive. Jackets, shoes, bags. I think the US shopping experience spoils the shopping experience every where else in the world. It (the US) is really one of the best places to shop.

We are kind of spoiled here... The first time I went to Italy (18 years old) I bought a leather coat. I loved it, so soft and wonderful, and just for me, it was my favorite, b/c it reminded me of Italy every time I wore it or looked at it. I still have it...

So I always look at things but I tend not to buy b/c most times I can get the same things here.

DS won't get your mail for you while he's house sitting?

I tend to buy authentic jewelry or figurines when I travel. I know it's not fancy but I love sterling silver.

Your trip is getting so close! :cool1:

I always thought that I would buy a flamenco dress and a handmade Spanish guitar when I got to Spain. Sadly, I think that Australian customs have changed their ruling on bringing back guitars. They need a wood "passport" on all guitars now. And the better luthiers are providing them; but it seems like such a painful process getting it through customs.

DS won't get your mail for you while he's house sitting?

I tend to buy authentic jewelry or figurines when I travel. I know it's not fancy but I love sterling silver.

Your trip is getting so close! :cool1:

I am sure he would, but I just would rather USPS hold it for me and get it all at one time when I get back...

I always thought that I would buy a flamenco dress and a handmade Spanish guitar when I got to Spain. Sadly, I think that Australian customs have changed their ruling on bringing back guitars. They need a wood "passport" on all guitars now. And the better luthiers are providing them; but it seems like such a painful process getting it through customs.

Oh I guess I never thought of how hard it would be to bring stuff back...

I know we can not bring seeds or fruit or unsealed meats back.

I want to bring spices... Saffron is much cheaper in Spain than compared to here.

We are going to go to a flamenco dance, so I am really excited about that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter