2013 Adventures, Boarded the Cruise Ship!

Glad to see you're back and that you had a great time.

Sorry that you have been slammed at work, and that the job is doing its toll on you. :hug:

Looking forward to seeing some pictures and hearing about the trip.

Welcome back. Sorry the job is sucktacular. Hope something better turns up soon.
A week of working out, eating, and drinking at sea sounds pretty good to me.

Glad to see you're back and that you had a great time.

Sorry that you have been slammed at work, and that the job is doing its toll on you. :hug:

Looking forward to seeing some pictures and hearing about the trip.

I am hoping that this week, I get caught up at home and baking and prepping for Christmas.

My MIL and her husband fly in on Monday a week from today and the house is in chaos right now. So cleaning and baking and making the bed and being sure everything is good for their visit. Is first on my list, then Christmas, then New Years, then hopefully I will have pictures ready for you guys.

So please hold steady...

Welcome back. Sorry the job is sucktacular. Hope something better turns up soon.
A week of working out, eating, and drinking at sea sounds pretty good to me.

I gained a few pounds but have lost it all but two pounds right now. So I think I did good, I did not restrict my food or drink, I did what I wanted, but I did work out all but 2 days for the entire trip!

I gained a few pounds but have lost it all but two pounds right now. So I think I did good, I did not restrict my food or drink, I did what I wanted, but I did work out all but 2 days for the entire trip!

Sounds like a great trip. Looking forward to the TR.

So do I start a new thread? Where do I put it since there is no Disney involved? Except a DISmet?

id just keep it going here. Were all subbed in. Unless you are afraid of going over the 250 limit. You can just change the name and get on with the trip when you are ready.​

Monday Nov 18th

We finally decided to pack& It is a long running joke that David and I do not pack until hours before we leave! I know that most of you think I am crazy but this just seems to work for us.

If we started early we would forgot what we already had in there, and pull it all out again.

So we find the checklist (yes, we have perfected a checklist for us, that we modify all the time, and we pack just the items we need), and begin laying things out for packing.

I am pretty sure that from start to finish it took us 90 minutes to pack everything, check the list and bring it downstairs.

Our flight was leaving BWI at 7:35 PM; David gets very antsy when it comes to flights, and he would rather spend an extra hour waiting at the gate then be right on time to the airport. So he called early this morning and booked us a cab with a scheduled pick up of 4:30PM.

We live about 20 minutes from the airport, so we would be there with plenty of time; at 5:00PM I called a neighbor to take us to the airport. As I was talking to her the cab pulled up, to say that David was unhappy is an understatement. They guy did not even get out of the cab, he just sat there and popped the trunk, we loaded the luggage and got in and he never spoke to us. We go to the airport and he just sat there and pointed to the meter and popped the trunk.

David is about to blow his top at this point& We pay and head to the ticket counter.

Baltimore Washington International airport unlike the name is not really located in Baltimore or in Washington; it is about half way between both of them. In the month of October there were 1,922,263 passengers at the airport. In the decade that I have lived here I have never flown international from BWI. So this would be my first experience, so I was basing everything off my domestic travels thru BWI. I.e. long lines, cranky security people, and loud, crowded seating areas. So I was shocked to say that when we got the British Airways ticket counter, there was no one there& Except the girl working the counter. No lines& So we get luggage checked, and she points us in the direction of security. The whole area is empty; all the other international ticket agents are doing nothing&.

We get to security  no one is there. No lines, no cranky people, just step right up and walk thru. So in shock we try to find our gate, it is the very first one. Maybe 100 yards from Security. So we sit and relax, we are only 2 hours early&. David went in search of food, we had no idea what would be given on the plane, and he found a salad and sandwich for us to split. Of course I have no pictures of any of this& Ha-ha.. not starting out very well&

We get on the plane, and it is about half full, the plane had a 2-4-2 set up and we were on the right side with a 2 seat row, which was nice, we picked our seats based on information from seatguru.com we were settled in and ready for the flight and I had told David that I need a couple of Germ Killers to get me in the right mood to sleep. So he had his wallet out ready to make me happy& They guy came by and told David that all adult beverages were included so he did not need any money. David had a double Jack and I had a double Gin and Tonic. We fired up the movies, David picked 2 guns and I wanted to watch Wolverine. About 1/3 of the way into the movies food started to come by, and we only had two choices, curry or vegetarian. David got the Curry and I got Mac N Cheese&.

That cheesecake was pretty good!

They served wine with Dinner so David gave me his bottle. :) He knows me so well. We finished the movies and then slept till we got into London.

London Airport Christmas Tree

Two tired People in the London Airport

90 minutes to pack? Well done you two. :thumbsup2

What a shame about the taxi driver. I hate when people are rude like that. But you can't change them. They will be what they are.

Great that you walked right through check in and security. What a bonus.

So the cheesecake was good. What was the rest of the food like?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter