2013 Adventures, Boarded the Cruise Ship!

90 minutes to pack? Well done you two. :thumbsup2

What a shame about the taxi driver. I hate when people are rude like that. But you can't change them. They will be what they are.

Great that you walked right through check in and security. What a bonus.

So the cheesecake was good. What was the rest of the food like?

the cheesecake was good.... :) The rest was gross... Maybe if I had not already eaten I would have liked it more, but it was reheated mac , and David's rice in the curry was hard and dry...

We ate the salad and drank the wine... :)

You both are looking slim and trim!

Not good about the cab driver, I would have been at the boiling point too :mad:

Nice about the smoothness at the airport.

I'm just like David with respect to a flight. I would rather sit and do puzzles at the gate than be fretting in traffic or worse at home while Fran is still putting things in her carry on.

Good thing you found food at the airport. It's nice when the germ killers are included in the flight. If we ever have to go back to coach on domestic flights, I'm going to have a real problem! :rotfl:

You two look great! I can really see the weight loss in your faces!

You both are looking slim and trim!

Not good about the cab driver, I would have been at the boiling point too :mad:

Nice about the smoothness at the airport.

Thanks, David has lost over 65 pounds, he has really been working hard... I have not been as aggressive as him, so I am only down 50 pounds...

Have you flown international out of BWI before?

I'm just like David with respect to a flight. I would rather sit and do puzzles at the gate than be fretting in traffic or worse at home while Fran is still putting things in her carry on.

Good thing you found food at the airport. It's nice when the germ killers are included in the flight. If we ever have to go back to coach on domestic flights, I'm going to have a real problem! :rotfl:

You two look great! I can really see the weight loss in your faces!

Alison, we were in coach.... That was why I was so shocked. Free booze and food on a coach flight... Thumbsup for British Airways on the booze at least..

Thanks... David is a huge difference, but when I look at my photos, I really dont see it in my face. But I will take it.. Thanks again.

November 19, 2013

Well by the time we landed in London, it was already the 19th.. It was 7:45 AM and our flight was 9:10 AM. We landed way outside of Terminal 5, they loaded us onto buses and drove us over to the main terminal. It took a bit and again David was getting a little antsy. Plus he did not sleep much on the flight, so he was just a little off.

When we finally got to the main terminal, we went through immigration and I breezed right thru, David was stopped and questioned. Not sure why they stopped him, but they did, so I had to wait on him, and the border patrol people keep looking at me because I was standing around waiting..

After all of that, we had to go back through security, now was my turn to be singled out, David was a breeze, but I had to have a very public rub down and feel up. A woman came up to me in line and told me that I needed to be checked, ok I said.. She just started rubbing all over me, grabbed my girls, and checked my bra cups, then she said, I have to check your waist band, ok I said, so she literally put her hands in my paints and rub around my body. I was put off by all this but what could I really do.

David is now waiting for me. We finally make it to the section where our bags are x-rayed… So in goes my camera, lenses, and iPad, David has the scanner, and the laptop. We walk thru, and there are no bags… We wait, and wait, here comes, David’s bag, but mine is nowhere. They have to go looking for it, it has become stuck inside the xray…

Ughhhh could anything else happen, now David is ready to blow, I think it is about 40 minutes to the flight about this time. Next we find the departures board, and we see a sign that says if you are going to terminal A it is 15 minutes to your gate, B is 30-45 minutes and C is 45 -60 minutes to your gate, this has David squirming. Our flight has not posted…..

About 10 minutes later it posts and the gate is right in front of us, like maybe 10 feet to the gate, we are now on an Iberia flight.
I have come to learn that Iberia is the Southwest of Spain except worse…. They even charge you for water. :(

But we are on our way to Madrid!

Thanks, David has lost over 65 pounds, he has really been working hard... I have not been as aggressive as him, so I am only down 50 pounds...

Have you flown international out of BWI before?

That is a huge achievement, congratulations to you both!

I have, and remember it being a nice and smooth experience also. It's been a few years, my recent internationals have all had connecting flights.

We land in Madrid, and have to go through immigration again, but it is more like a free pass, just a look and go.

So we are following the signs for baggage to pick up our goods and wait for the hotel shuttle. When we got to the luggage thingy I thought it looked like grocery barcode scanners…

We grab our bags and head for the shuttle pick up. It is amazing how much your Spanish comes back to you when you need it. We found the hotel line and the first shuttle to show up was ours, we hop on and are on our way. It took us about an hour to get to our hotel, but only because he was required to stop at all the different spots and wait for a length of time before he could pull off.

Anyway we make it to the hotel and the room was as modern looking as advertised…

Bathroom

Closet

Bed area

General room area

Chair

View out window

King Bed

TV

Went to our room to relax and enjoy, a little down time.
Then we went to the Concierge Lounge for snacks and caffeine (they had a half way decent coffee machine)

We were waiting on our friends to arrive from Lisbon.

That is a very invasive pat down. :(

Lovely looking space! I think I'd be happy to spend all my time there. :rotfl:

Ugh I hate London security and immigration. When I was studying abroad there 5 years ago they almost didn't let me back in the country, as I had so many re-entry student visas. The guy was like you're leaving and entering a lot... So I stared him right back down looking super intimidating w my pigtails and floppy hat and said "I'm a student in Europe... I'm gonna travel." Then I just listed all my schools and he finally stamped it and left.

although that is so not as bad as happened to you! I would've been mortified! So uncomfortable! I'm sorry that happened!

Travel day is always so stressful. My dad used to have a joke about jobs like the security guard's. Someone says to the guard, "This is some job. What's the pay like?" The guard says "50 pounds a week." The first person says, "50 pounds? That's not much." The guard replies, "I know, but it's all I can afford!"

Wow, what a room! But you really needed it after all the travel woes.

I hate that security folks can use their position to bully travelers and search people like they did to you.

The room looks relaxing. I would have gone immediately in that tub!

Alison, we were in coach.... That was why I was so shocked. Free booze and food on a coach flight... Thumbsup for British Airways on the booze at least..

Thanks... David is a huge difference, but when I look at my photos, I really dont see it in my face. But I will take it.. Thanks again.

It has always been my experience that booze and food were complimentary in coach on international flights, but I haven't flown out of the country since before 9-11 so what do I know?

That is a very invasive pat down. :(

Lovely looking space! I think I'd be happy to spend all my time there. :rotfl:

I did not like the pat down, but I was determined to have a wonderful trip...

The hotel was really nice, but we were hardly in it, always out and about..

Ugh I hate London security and immigration. When I was studying abroad there 5 years ago they almost didn't let me back in the country, as I had so many re-entry student visas. The guy was like you're leaving and entering a lot... So I stared him right back down looking super intimidating w my pigtails and floppy hat and said "I'm a student in Europe... I'm gonna travel." Then I just listed all my schools and he finally stamped it and left.

although that is so not as bad as happened to you! I would've been mortified! So uncomfortable! I'm sorry that happened!

That was my first time in London and I really had no warning.. But we "almost" did not have enough time between our flights, If i go back through that airport again, I will make sure we have more lay over time...

Funny about your student visa, drawing concern... I can picture you with Pig Tails talking to him

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter